U.S. House votes to permanently ban taxpayer funding of abortion

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/b...-permanently-ban-taxpayer-funding-of-abortion

WASHINGTON, D.C., January 24, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – The U.S. House of Representatives voted 238 to 183 today to permanently ban taxpayer funding of abortion.

The No Taxpayer Funding of Abortion Act (HR 7), introduced by Rep. Chris Smith, R-NJ, makes permanent the so-called Hyde Amendment. Thus far the amendment, which prohibits federal money from being used to fund abortions through Medicaid, has been subject to annual renewal.

Pro-life members of Congress pointed out that the legislation simply makes permanent what is already renewed annually by Congress, and that it allows for transparency on abortion coverage in healthcare plans.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/24/politics/house-approves-bill-barring-taxpayer-money-for-abortions/
Opponents insisted that the bill unfairly targets low-income and minority women, and blocks access to reproductive health services, even for those who want to pay for them out of their own pockets.

"One of the things that I am just completely sick and tired of is men dictating to women as if we are stupid and cannot make informed choices for ourselves. Women are responsible. Women are smart. Women know what is best for them. And women can make their own choices," California Rep. Linda Sanchez told reporters Tuesday.
Throughout debate on the House floor, many House Democrats pointed to the demonstrations in multiple cities across the country on Saturday as evidence that the hundreds of thousands of women who marched emphasized abortion rights as a key issue where the GOP-led Congress was overstepping.

Another step in the right direction, keep demonstrating!

So nothing changes? Like the article says, this amendment has already been in effect.

Opponents insisted that the bill unfairly targets low-income and minority women, and blocks access to reproductive health services, even for those who want to pay for them out of their own pockets.

"One of the things that I am just completely sick and tired of is men dictating to women as if we are stupid and cannot make informed choices for ourselves. Women are responsible. Women are smart. Women know what is best for them. And women can make their own choices," California Rep. Linda Sanchez told reporters Tuesday.

And there it is. She says pretty plainly that low-income and minority women have so many ill-advised pregnancies that there needs to be gov't money allocated to it. Then has the audacity to say "woman are responsible and can make informed choices ourselves". Bitch, this whole discussion is about women making bad choices and acting irresponsibly and wanting the gov't to cover the cost of it.

And there it is. She says pretty plainly that low-income and minority women have so many ill-advised pregnancies that there needs to be gov't money allocated to it. Then has the audacity to say "woman are responsible and can make informed choices ourselves". Bitch, this whole discussion is about women making bad choices and acting irresponsibly and wanting the gov't to cover the cost of it.
tolerant left
responsible unplanned pregnancy

The hypocrisy never ends... libs seem very confused.

I don't care, but I hope that conservatives that applaud this are aware that this means there will be a lot of Black babies, that they will end up paying for their Obamaphones or whatever. I just wonder mentally how will they handle it. They hate blacks and welfare mooches but they also hate abortions which undoubtedly contribute to that, since poor Black females are overrepresented in abortion.

Back