U.S. Homeland Security employees locked out of computer networks

Dramovitch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
U.S. Department of Homeland Security employees in the Washington area and Philadelphia were unable to access some agency computer networks

President Donald Trump vowed to make cyber security a priority

At a White House event last month he said he would "hold my Cabinet secretaries and agency heads accountable, totally accountable, for the cyber security of their organizations."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-dhs-idUSKBN160240

ZMsb8ac.gif

"The source characterized the issue as one stemming from relatively benign information technology missteps and a failure to ensure network redundancy. There was no evidence of foul play, the source said, adding that it appeared DHS's domain controller credentials had expired on Monday when offices were closed for the federal Presidents Day holiday"

source.gif

"The source characterized the issue as one stemming from relatively benign information technology missteps and a failure to ensure network redundancy. There was no evidence of foul play, the source said, adding that it appeared DHS's domain controller credentials had expired on Monday when offices were closed for the federal Presidents Day holiday"

Thats fake news

ZMsb8ac.gif

source.gif
I work in government and in networking. You'de be surprised how often something breaks because someone forgot to patch a server or deal with network authentication issues due to holidays. Its scary really. Not a hacking issue though, just incompetence.

I work in government and in networking. You'de be surprised how often something breaks because someone forgot to patch a server or deal with network authentication issues due to holidays. Its scary really. Not a hacking issue though, just incompetence.
I imagine that you look like Boris from Goldeneye, and constantly hack mainframes for fun.

So making cyber security better is a bad thing? Can you please give me your credit card info. I know Obama's Nigerian fresh prince brother.

Trump Suckers are drunk on the kool-aid. CYBER SECURITY IS CRUCIAL. TRUMP IS FAILING YET AGAIN!

I'd be more worried about Iranians and plutonium. Thanks Obama.

Iranians get their weapons from Russia. Russia sent 10billion to North Korea. Thanks Trump.

source.gif

So incompetence is a valid excuse now?

Glad that's sorted.

You think cyber security can be changed dramatically in two weeks?

Fake news. Technology illiterate media.

Trump Suckers are drunk on the kool-aid. CYBER SECURITY IS CRUCIAL. TRUMP IS FAILING YET AGAIN!

Iranians get their weapons from Russia. Russia sent 10billion to North Korea. Thanks Trump.

But it is Obama who let them have nukes? Just want to get this straight.

Bet Putin and his boys had no problems accessing those networks.

Just curious has there been ANY proof at all of Russian's influencing the US election? Besides the deep state pushing that narrative? Because I'm not a great hacker - but I'm very good at staying anonymous online.. and I can guarantee any Russian hacker working for Putin would never be traced.

PS - Did it bother you at all the NSA hacked Merkels cell phone? How about when Hillary was caught on tape saying she would rig the Palestinian elections? What about the wikileaks that just came out that Obama's CIA influenced Frances election.

Just curious has there been ANY proof at all of Russian's influencing the US election? Besides the deep state pushing that narrative? Because I'm not a great hacker - but I'm very good at staying anonymous online.. and I can guarantee any Russian hacker working for Putin would never be traced.

PS - Did it bother you at all the NSA hacked Merkels cell phone? How about when Hillary was caught on tape saying she would rig the Palestinian elections? What about the wikileaks that just came out that Obama's CIA influenced Frances election.
Don't think so.

None of that bothered me.

Back