U.S. considers parts of Mexico just as dangerous to visit as Syria and Afghanistan

Phr3121

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...it-as-syria-and-yemen/?utm_term=.79b146ecdc71

imrs.php

The State Department considers five states in Mexico as dangerous for U.S. travelers as war-torn nations such as Syria, Yemen and Afghanistan.

What do you think @Rod1? I know it is mostly related to drug wars, but the government and corrupt police also play a big part in it. I think the same could be said of parts of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and Los Angeles. The unfortunate legacy of most of Latin America, corruption. Can't fail to think that much of it is part of the culture. Also, Honduras, El Salvador, and Venezuela. Chile seems to be the only country to really be doing alright under democracy. Personally I would bring the military back to run the majority of these countries. I was in Honduras many times with the U.S. military. What a great country to go visit. It is no longer what it used to be, parts of it are worst than Mexico.

Story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...it-as-syria-and-yemen/?utm_term=.79b146ecdc71

imrs.php

The State Department considers five states in Mexico as dangerous for U.S. travelers as war-torn nations such as Syria, Yemen and Afghanistan.

What do you think @Rod1? I know it is mostly related to drug wars, but the government and corrupt police also play a big part in it. I think the same could be said of parts of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and Los Angeles. The unfortunate legacy of most of Latin America, corruption. Can't fail to think that much of it is part of the culture. Also, Honduras, El Salvador, and Venezuela. Chile seems to be the only country to really be doing alright under democracy. Personally I would bring the military back to run the majority of these countries. I was in Honduras many times with the U.S. military. What a great country to go visit. It is no longer what it used to be, parts of it are worst than Mexico.

Its a good advice, because in a lot of these states the lines between danger and tourism paradise are not that clear and you could walk into a wrong place with ease.

I wouldnt turn down an invitation to vacation in Sinaloa, i would turn down one to vacation in Guerrero or Michoacan.

Although i once spoke to someone from Michoacan and i said i was from Sonora and he said to me if i was afraid from all the violence.

And i was like WTF we dont have militias unlike Michoacan, so i guess it gets more skewed when you dont know a place and judge a place by the news.

Even Cancun and Acapulco are fucked these days:

The violence has gone up again since last year, and 2017 was the deadliest on record in the past decade.

Even Cancun and Acapulco are fucked these days:

The violence has gone up again since last year, and 2017 was the deadliest on record in the past decade.

Acapulco has been fucked up for years, Cancun will never have the problems other states have.

Have a friend optometrist who does charity work in different parts of Mexico (related to eye-care) and he said avoid Mexico for leisure travel. Also two U.S. citizen he works with were abducted near Acapulco where he does his eye-care charity work. They were released later.

When I was in Cabo back in October I was constantly get harassed by people selling timeshares and boat trips to the Arch. I felt it was very dangerous. Couldnt go 10 steps without someone sticking a vacation package in my face

When I was in Cabo back in October I was constantly get harassed by people selling timeshares and boat trips to the Arch. I felt it was very dangerous. Couldnt go 10 steps without someone sticking a vacation package in my face

Well, Cabo gets hit by hurricanes all the time, so it is indeed dangerous.

Mexico has like 20% of the highest murder rate cities in the top 50. South/Central America in general owns 85%.

yea, we got there just a few weeks after one hit

My brother just got a job there, he lived in Sinaloa he is more afraid of hurricanes than he was of narcos.

Its almost like living on an island.

Mexico has like 20% of the highest murder rate cities in the top 50. South/Central America in general owns 85%.

Ultra violence is pretty popular down here.

tenor.gif

imrs.php

There's absolutely no area of Los Angeles that's anywhere near as bad as the worst parts of Mexico and Brazil.

Mexico is seriously fucked up but it's a different type of fucked up than Syria and Afghanistan. Religious violence is a different animal than the drug trade. It's the entire culture in the Middle East that's fucked up. Most of Mexico is being held hostage by narco traffickers. They are billionaires with influence and ears across the entire nation. I'd still feel comfortable with vacationing in parts of tourist Mexico. I wouldn't feel comfortable going to any part of Syria or Afghanistan without having a rifle.

Why are people from these shit hole countries coming here?!

Which one in particular? Mexicans move north because they pay in dollars up there mostly.

Other countries have their own reasons.

There's absolutely no area of Los Angeles that's anywhere near as bad as the worst parts of Mexico and Brazil.

Mexico is seriously fucked up but it's a different type of fucked up than Syria and Afghanistan. Religious violence is a different animal than the drug trade. It's the entire culture in the Middle East that's fucked up. Most of Mexico is being held hostage by narco traffickers. They are billionaires with influence and ears across the entire nation. I'd still feel comfortable with vacationing in parts of tourist Mexico. I wouldn't feel comfortable going to any part of Syria or Afghanistan without having a rifle.

Syria looked nice before the civil war.

And most of Mexico is still a nice place, still i would still issue the travel warnings to avoid people going there on their own.

Stick to whatever the travel agency offers you unless you know a local who can guide you through Mexico.

And most of Mexico is still a nice place, still i would still issue the travel warnings to avoid people going there on their own.

Stick to whatever the travel agency offers you unless you know a local who can guide you through Mexico.
hey bro, are jalisco and sinola where all the white women are at?

Iraq had beautiful neighborhoods.

Afghanistan is out of control beautiful.

Both of those places are get your head sawed off zones across the entire country.

Back