Social U of T Professor Attcks PC Culture, Rejects Genderless Pronouns and the Black Liberation Collective

Hey guys cool thread from 6 months ago. Did you see that in today's news your "anti-PC savior" blamed Fox News for tricking him into believing that Obama had wire tapped Trump tower, is big upping a healthcare bill that is universally hated by the public, and released a budget that strips funding from all climate initiatives?

But by all means, continue to get you panties in a wad about what some moron professor is doing.
?? Cool irrelevant post bro. What does a Canadian professor and Canadian politics have to do with Trump?

Hey guys cool thread from 6 months ago. Did you see that in today's news your "anti-PC savior" blamed Fox News for tricking him into believing that Obama had wire tapped Trump tower, is big upping a healthcare bill that is universally hated by the public, and released a budget that strips funding from all climate initiatives?

But by all means, continue to get you panties in a wad about what some moron professor is doing.
HAHA!

You're here to disrupt our discussion about Peterson, while he is being disrupted at McMaster U. So funny.

Such stereotypical SJW behavior.

Last edited:
They eventually did. It's just too hard to give a speech with bullhorns, whistles, and mindless SJW chanting. And as per usual, the college faculty plays indifference while secretly appeasing(cheering on) the students.

Its odd that most schools have very strict guidelines such as protest zones, etc. Yet the left seems to get a pass in most cases for truly disruptive behavior.

I agree that he was disputing the justification, which is why he should take the next logical step and ask him plainly if he believes that Christ is divine and why.

Yeah, it's always odd when someone goes into a discussion preppared to self reference.
This is the closest I've seen him touch the subject.

How fuckin dumb could those SJW twats really be? See, the media up here originally tried to paint Peterson as some kind of transphobic demagogue on a mission to "promote violence against the trans community" or some such bullshit. It was only after the video came out of the Marxist freaks cutting his mic and drowning him out with white noise - btw that video came from the Rebel, an outlet I consider trash but they performed a vital service in that particular case - that Peterson started getting sympathy outside of the campus and a small number of deplorable freaks like us. People saw how the SJWs acted and realized that there had to be some truth to what Peterson was saying. And then they checked out his YouTube channel and the rest is history.

And now these dumb fucks at McMaster are doing the same shit? Don't they realize how that hurts their cause? They're so aggressively self-righteous that they never stop for a second and realize that they're proving him right.

The SJW group released a statement the day before the event:

We are deeply troubled that Dr. Jordan Peterson has been invited to speak at McMaster at an upcoming event about “freedom of speech” and “political correctness.” Most recently, Dr. Peterson has gained notoriety for his refusal to use the preferred pronouns of trans- and gendernon-conforming colleagues and students at U of T, defending his callous disregard for their personhood through a misguided deference to his freedom of speech and his distaste for “political correctness.” But freedom of speech doesn’t now, and hasn’t ever, meant that we can or should be able to say whatever we like in public spaces regardless of the impact of our speech on others. Instead, the concept of freedom of speech has most often been mobilized to protect specifically counter-hegemonic ideas, ideas that actually challenge, rather than reiterate, the status quo. Freedom of speech was also not conceived as a means to protect normative ideas from contestation by marginalized communities, but to protect those whose speech might actually contest normative or nationalist ideals from censure, punishment, or retaliation by state forces. There is nothing rebellious or revolutionary about insisting on the naturalness of the (now long debunked) gender binary or of what Dr. Peterson describes as the “biological fact” of sexual difference neatly categorizable as ‘male’ and ‘female’ (a “fact” subjected to intense critique, questioning and reconsideration by numerous scholars in the humanities, social sciences, and even the biological sciences for several decades now, which demonstrates the limited extent of Dr. Peterson’s knowledge on this subject, since he seems either entirely unaware of this body of literature or else unwilling to engage with the challenge it poses for his own arguments). There is nothing subversive or radical about suggesting that one ought to be entitled to read the complexities of gendered identification on the basis of a quick and unwanted scrutiny of others’ bodies and appearance. This is not a freedom that needs to be defended but rather the simplistic re-assertion of the status quo, of ideas about gender and sexual difference that have become and stubbornly remain very widespread and common-sensical even in the face of mountains of academic evidence to the contrary and legislative changes made to protect the human rights of trans and gender-non-conforming persons

Can read the rest of it here
http://pacbic.mcmaster.ca/documents/FINALstatementreJordanPetersonevent_Mar162017.pdf

I find it funny that they wrap up their bullshit in all these 5 dollar words and they try to come off so intelligent, but when Peterson came to talk all they had was to pull fire alarms and scream and shout. When you get right down to it they're just a bunch of bullies and cowards, like most Marxists.

And here's an account from someone who was there on Reddit. Or claims he was there I should say, but I see no reason to think that this guy is bullshitting:

Hey everyone

I got to the room about 2 hours before the event started to ensure I got a seat since there was a 120 person capacity. As the event approached, more and more people started showing up to the point where you could barely move.

About 5 minutes before the entry time, 4 people started shouting to be let through because they needed to get their friend in a wheelchair a spot. Of course, people obliged. However, these 4 people turned out to be some of the loudest of the protesters (they can be seen in the Facebook livestream at the front of the room). Not really classy using their friend's disability like that, in my opinion, but whatever.

The seats were full and people were lined along the walls. When Peterson walked into the room, the protests started. First statement was: "why do you hate trans people." I say that was a statement because they obviously made their minds up and were not looking for an answer. That statement started a symphony of air horns, megaphones, cowbells, and shrieking voices. People were calling him a bigot, a transphobe, and a racist.

Before the livestream began, Peterson walked to the back of the room in an attempt to speak to some of the protesters but they wouldn't open dialogue. Any attempt made by me or other students to get them to be quiet, and reserve their opinions for the Q&A, were met with statements such as "we don't debate with bigots." Members of one of McMaster's many communist/Marxist/revolutionary groups stood at the back with a sign that said "FUCK YOU" with a hammer and sickle drawn between the the words. There was some shoving in the back but I don't think any outright fights broke out.

He attempted to talk through the noise but the event was "cancelled" when they deemed it a fire hazard. Peterson then told everyone to follow him outside for a discussion.

We formed a circle around him while he talked without a microphone for about 45 minutes, answering questions that students asked. During the talk, protesters continued to scream and generally make incoherent noises, chanting things like "danger" and "baby needs his safe space."

https://www.reddit.com/r/JordanPete...t_went_down_at_mcmaster_today_from_a_student/

This is the closest I've seen him touch the subject.

Am I crazy, or does Peterson side-step the question and go on about archetypes? Don't get me wrong, I love when he breaks things down like this, but I'm starting to feel anxious at him not directly answering the obvious. Maybe it's just me.

The SJW group released a statement the day before the event:

Can read the rest of it here
http://pacbic.mcmaster.ca/documents/FINALstatementreJordanPetersonevent_Mar162017.pdf

I find it funny that they wrap up their bullshit in all these 5 dollar words and they try to come off so intelligent, but when Peterson came to talk all they had was to pull fire alarms and scream and shout. When you get right down to it they're just a bunch of bullies and cowards, like most Marxists.

"But freedom of speech doesn’t now, and hasn’t ever, meant that we can or should be able to say whatever we like in public spaces regardless of the impact of our speech on others. Instead, the concept of freedom of speech has most often been mobilized to protect specifically counter-hegemonic ideas, ideas that actually challenge, rather than reiterate, the status quo."

This is self-parody.

Imagine the nerve you need to say this and then proceed to drown out a speaker at a lecture hall filled with an eager crowd, as they come to hear one of the only academics who is willing to take this position. The world is more Twilight Zone-like every day.

Am I crazy, or does Peterson side-step the question and go on about archetypes? Don't get me wrong, I love when he breaks things down like this, but I'm starting to feel anxious at him not directly answering the obvious. Maybe it's just me.
I don't think he wants to talk about God for a reason.

This fucker needs to come a touch further West, I'd pay to watch him in a heartbeat but I'm not going all the way to Toronto.

The only way this could get better is if he had a legit postmodernist nemesis. We need a SJW Joker to emerge from the rabble so the hero can step into his own.

As it stands I like his message but I prefer lessons that come out of dialogue over preaching.

"Talking to people who agree what you say, is like walking through a desert."
"Watch your life for a week. Pretend you don't know who you are, because you don't know who you are, AT ALL!!"
"The purpose of life is to find a mode of being where the fact that life is suffering is no longer relevant..."

Oh, how I wish I had a teacher like this 20 years ago...

How fuckin dumb could those SJW twats really be? See, the media up here originally tried to paint Peterson as some kind of transphobic demagogue on a mission to "promote violence against the trans community" or some such bullshit. It was only after the video came out of the Marxist freaks cutting his mic and drowning him out with white noise - btw that video came from the Rebel, an outlet I consider trash but they performed a vital service in that particular case - that Peterson started getting sympathy outside of the campus and a small number of deplorable freaks like us. People saw how the SJWs acted and realized that there had to be some truth to what Peterson was saying. And then they checked out his YouTube channel and the rest is history.

And now these dumb fucks at McMaster are doing the same shit? Don't they realize how that hurts their cause? They're so aggressively self-righteous that they never stop for a second and realize that they're proving him right.
Honest question. I'm ignorant on the subject.

Why do you consider Rebel trash? What have they done?

Honest question. I'm ignorant on the subject.

Why do you consider Rebel trash? What have they done?

They're just a sleazy and trashy right-wing outlet, like Breitbart or a poor man's Fox News. Feel free to check out some of their videos and you can see what I mean. As an example, they kept pushing the CT that the Quebec mosque shooting was done by a Muslim long after it was established who the killer was. They make all critics of Islam or Neo-Marxists look bad because they get lumped in with those hacks.

That said, I enjoyed some of Lauren Southern's videos but apparently she left them. And again, her video of the Peterson rally back in October or whatever it was turned out to be really vital. I'm not exaggerating when I say that her video changed the whole conversation when it came to Peterson and his supporters. CBC and the rest of our pathetic media tried to bury Peterson and completely misrepresented what went down that day, and that Rebel video showed the truth and I'm certain brought a lot of people over to the side of reason.

Ok not that it's news every time Peterson does a speaking engagement, but I thought it would be nice to point out that just a day or 2 after the fiasco at McMaster, he gave a talk at Western U in London that went off without a hitch.

Driven from McMaster University campus in Hamilton by an angry mob just the day before, Jordan Peterson was welcomed at Western University, like a rock star.

The controversial University of Toronto professor saw his hour-long speech interrupted only by bursts of applause from the more than 700 that packed the natural sciences building. His speech ended with a standing ovation, and after, he was mobbed outside for selfies from the adoring crowd, mostly young men, more than a few sporting hats declaring Make America Great Again.

I'm not really liking the Trump overlap going on there. Anyway I found this interesting:

Tylar Ingles, 23, from Sarnia, was one of them. Transitioning from woman to man, he came to protest the University of Toronto professor who has drawn controversy for refusing to use gender neutral pronouns. That is, he refers to individuals as he or she instead of they.

That has drawn fire from the transgender community and Ingles came ready to do battle, protest sign in hand.

"I was ready to disapprove of him, but pretty much everything he said I agreed with," said Ingles, who came to London to see him.

"Everything he said was well thought out. I am female-to-male transgender, I have spoken to people about him and people are really against him. I wanted to see what he had to say. I did not want to make assumptions based on what others say."

He found him more "inclusive" than he expected. His message on the strength of "individuality," a common theme in the talk, resonated with Ingles.

"He's right, it is very much the individual," he said.
http://www.lfpress.com/2017/03/18/jordan-peterson-got-a-warm-reception-at-campus-lecture

How many more SJW's and gender-activists would have a similar realization if they stopped screeching and listened to what the man is saying?

Back