U.K. Style Boxing

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
Might as well include the birthplace of modern boxing

Who are calling uk style? I'll give you 4 froch hamed Hatton and burns and come back when you have a composite style.

Who are calling uk style? I'll give you 4 froch hamed Hatton and burns and come back when you have a composite style.
They are very basic but technically very sound . Not flashy at all

There's no such thing anymore, there's too many new influences and exposure to just have one style these days.

When you look at the elite level, it's harder to identify stylistic similarities between british boxers as they vary quite a lot. At the lowest level you will get everyone looking the same, but that's true in any country.

Clinton Woods.

End of thread.

UK style boxing? Naseem Hamed? Or Ricky Hatton or Carl Froch or Joe Calzaghe? We have a plethora of styles.

UK style boxing? Naseem Hamed? Or Ricky Hatton or Carl Froch or Joe Calzaghe? We have a plethora of styles.
Carl Froch is your best in my arrogant opinion ... Hatton The man to capture the hearts of a nation

Carl Froch is your best in my arrogant opinion ... Hatton The man to capture the hearts of a nation

I think Carl achieved the most but I think Calzaghe was better. Shame the two never fought.

Remember when Henry Cooper dropped Ali?

I wasn't born yet but it happened.

So nobody has a uk style, thought not. Don't bullshit these things, the forum regulars recognise these things.

Exhibit 1

I'm not going to sit through this shit but a jet li video in mandarin is your response to what I said? That's like saying dragostea din tei is in Spanish.

I'm not going to sit through this shit but a jet li video in mandarin is your response to what I said? That's like saying dragostea din tei is in Spanish.
LOL so we have problems

Touch-My-Cake-300x300.jpg

I for one am in favour of the patented Joe Gallagher "Walk slowly forwards with the earmuffs on leaning slightly forward from the waist so you're a sucker to uppercuts, never respond to a punch to the body & don't do fuck-all for the first six rounds" technique.

The way Joe applies it to every single fighter he trains—no matter their natural strengths/proclivities/body type—is truly inspirational.

I've got the feeling that in fact it's some kind of very subtle running gag.

If you saw two boxers fighting and didn't know their nationality I can't see how you'd pick which one was from the UK by looking at their style.

AJ vs Fury is likely to happen soon(ish) which one of them has a UK style?
All the Ingle fighters fought/fight like each other and no one else in the UK or the world.
Benn, Watson, Eubank, Calzaghe couldn't really have been more different.

If you saw two boxers fighting and didn't know their nationality I can't see how you'd pick which one was from the UK by looking at their style.

AJ vs Fury is likely to happen soon(ish) which one of them has a UK style?
All the Ingle fighters fought/fight like each other and no one else in the UK or the world.
Benn, Watson, Eubank, Calzaghe couldn't really have been more different.
If you are going to bring in logical discussion to this thread I suggest you go elsewhere or risk getting an ip ban !! =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back