U.K mother wants 'Sleeping Beauty' banned in schools because Prince doesn't get consent

LuchaBear

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

A mum has asked her son’s school to take ‘Sleeping Beauty’ off the curriculum for its ‘inappropriate sexual’ message.

Mum-of-two Sarah Hall, from Northumberland Park, says the fairytale promotes unacceptable behaviour which shouldn’t be read to young children.

She argued it teaches children that it is ok to kiss a woman while she’s asleep, which she says is not acceptable.

Sarah was reading a school book with her six-year-old son, which was based on the traditional story.

She said: “I think it’s a specific issue in the Sleeping Beauty story about sexual behaviour and consent.

“It’s about saying is this still relevant, is it appropriate?”

The 40-year-old left a comment in her son’s record book, and contacted the school to ask if books featuring it could be taken out of circulation for younger classes.

She said: “In today’s society, it isn’t appropriate - my son is only six, he absorbs everything he sees, and it isn’t as if I can turn it into a constructive conversation.

“I don’t think taking Sleeping Beauty books out of circulation completely would be right. I actually think it would be a great resource for older children, you could have a conversation around it, you could talk about consent, and how the Princess might feel.

“But I’m really concerned about it for younger children, would really welcome a conversation about whether this is suitable material."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/mum-asks-school-take-sleeping-13938590

News companies are going after this like parasites trying to turn this into a big story. ONE crazy mother is all it takes...

I guess the prince should have left her dead and Goldilocks should be banned as well for promoting breaking and entering.

#MeToo(I can't believe she used this)

So does she thing you should get consent before performing CPR also. You know they call that the "kiss of life".

Well you can't fix stupid and it's against the law to kill it.

I wonder if we should do a megathread for, "Stupid Shit Random People Have Tweeted".

She didn't even mention that the prince looks waaay older than the 16 year old Sleeping Beauty.

Snow White was only 14 ffs, you gotta be careful in Disneyland.

In the original story, the prince actually rapes her and she bears their children.

I wonder if we should do a megathread for, "Stupid Shit Random People Have Tweeted".
The poor interns who have to find these stories for the daily two minutes of hate better be well paid.

The only problem with shit like this is when people in power take it seriously.

The poor interns who have to find these stories for the daily two minutes of hate better be well paid.
If? This shit is like catnip for some posters.
It's still interesting, because things like this can set precedent. It doesn't always happen, but the present and future of human psychology is always intriguing IMO.

My sentiments exactly. The worst side of social media is shining a light on idiotic individuals saying stupid things.

If it gets filled up quickly, then does it make your point look good or bad?

They always generate a lot of traffic, I'm just not sure they are independently significant. Or significant...

God damn england fucking sucks. I'm so glad I'm not there. Imagine having to deal with all this PC crap AND live in england....F that.

Interesting..........never knew how similar the prince looks like Rick James

11-rick-james.w529.h352.jpg

Some those Disney stories and old fairy tales are pretty rapey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back