Tyson vs Bowe who would of won?

I've never seen a big-man that was better on the inside then Bowe--nightmare matchup for tyson. If he could mentally keep it together (questionable) he'd find Tyson a relatively easy fight.

Mike Tyson would have gotten inside Bowe and won. The Buster Douglas fight was a fluke win. Everyone knows what Tyson was going through at the time. Tyson with his head straight was the greatest heavyweight boxer ever. It's a shame what happened to him.

stretch.

PoundUmOut2, I agree it's a stretch to put him at the greatest ever, but he still beats Bowe. Bowe was a good inside fighter, no doubt. Mike Tyson however destroyed people. If Bowe / Tyson happened before Buster Douglas, Bowe loses.

Both fighters in their prime then Tyson takes this easily! Saying that i would have put my money on a prime Bowe beating a prime Lennox Lewis

Prime Tyson takes this without too much trouble. I have him stopping Bowe late in the fight, Bowe gasses, and takes too much punishment. Referee stoppage TKO win for Tyson.

After prison Tyson? I would give the win to Bowe. Tyson was a broken man after jail, his competitive spirit was gone.

One round? I want some of what you're smoking. Tyson would fold like he always does when he can't bully a fighter. Bowe would have finished Tyson by the 10th.

Bowe via far superior boxing. KO/TKO/stoppage.

This is a favorite fantasy match up of mine, I got Bowe by a gruelling UD

Tyson seems to be incorrectly labeled as an in-fighter in this thread.

If you think Tyson can't win when he can't bully someone, or when the fighter is putting up resistance, you should probably go watch both Razor Ruddock fights. He fought Ruddock when nobody wanted to fight that guy and took tremendous shots and kept coming.

Post Tyson definitely has trouble with Bowe because of his tendency to just throw big shots and forget about defense. But Bowe wasn't a guy who was fleet of foot. He would be there to be hit all night. Pre-prison Tyson stops Bowe late. Post Prison, is close to a pick em fight but I would probably still pick Tyson.

You're forgetting that Prime Mike Tyson fights a full 12 rounds without taking a step back. It would be a war but I favor Tyson's speed and peek a boo defense over Prime Bowe all day long. Prime Tyson is a bad match up for Bowe.

PoundUmOut2, I agree it's a stretch to put him at the greatest ever, but he still beats Bowe. Bowe was a good inside fighter, no doubt. Mike Tyson however destroyed people. If Bowe / Tyson happened before Buster Douglas, Bowe loses.

kinda agree with this...

i think tyson's decline already started happening way before the douglas fight. tyson was no longer prime tyson once he fired kevin rooney in 88. douglas fight was in 90.

a prime tyson would beat a prime bowe...

Getting rid of Kevin Rooney was a horrible mistake by Tyson. Rooney know the style that Cus Damato taught. He knew the numbers, he knew the system. On top of that he was a tough disciplinarian. He would never let Mike Tyson step into the ring out of shape. When Tyson fired Kevin Rooney, he fighted the last guy that could keep him focused, disciplined, and sharp. Bad move by Mike Tyson.

Bowe is awesome, he has a great chin and power. However, Tyson's speed and power were on another level. Tyson also had an amazing chin. He also fought non-stop when he was in his prime. Like I said, Prime Tyson takes this fight.

Getting rid of Kevin Rooney was a horrible mistake by Tyson. Rooney know the style that Cus Damato taught. He knew the numbers, he knew the system. On top of that he was a tough disciplinarian. He would never let Mike Tyson step into the ring out of shape. When Tyson fired Kevin Rooney, he fighted the last guy that could keep him focused, disciplined, and sharp. Bad move by Mike Tyson.

Bowe is awesome, he has a great chin and power. However, Tyson's speed and power were on another level. Tyson also had an amazing chin. He also fought non-stop when he was in his prime. Like I said, Prime Tyson takes this fight.

Bowe had some serious skill for a HW, as well. His prime punch repertoire is, IMO, unmatched at HW. Prime Bowe would be the best fighter that Tyson ever fought (except maybe for Lewis near the end). I would have trouble picking against a prime Riddick Bowe H2H against any HW in history.

Bowe had some serious skill for a HW, as well. His prime punch repertoire is, IMO, unmatched at HW. Prime Bowe would be the best fighter that Tyson ever fought (except maybe for Lewis near the end). I would have trouble picking against a prime Riddick Bowe H2H against any HW in history.

are you quoting and arguing with yourself or something? What is this two Jay bullshit

You're forgetting that Prime Mike Tyson fights a full 12 rounds without taking a step back. It would be a war but I favor Tyson's speed and peek a boo defense over Prime Bowe all day long. Prime Tyson is a bad match up for Bowe.

maybe because "prime tyson" never fought anyone close to bowe?

Good luck catching Jay... hes behind 7 proxies

Good_Luck_I_m_Behind_7_Proxies.jpg

Both fighters in their prime then Tyson takes this easily! Saying that i would have put my money on a prime Bowe beating a prime Lennox Lewis

I'm not so sure about that one. Bowe had the tools & skills to beat Lewis, but i think that TKO loss to him in the gold medal match at the '88 Olympic Games always haunted him, and so im not sure if mentally Bowe could've pulled off the victory over Lewis, prime or not.

Back