Tyson or Ali. Who'd Do Better In MMA?

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hypothetical question just for fun. Whose style of fighting would give them more success in MMA?

I'd pick Tyson due his faster and stronger punches. It's easier to get a KO in MMA due to the smaller gloves, especially at HW, so Tyson's advantage is even bigger there.

Hypothetical question just for fun. Whose style of fighting would give them more success in MMA?

I'd pick Tyson due his faster and stronger punches. It's easier to get a KO in MMA due to the smaller gloves, especially at HW, so Tyson's advantage is even bigger there.
Tyson would get favorable match ups creating a hype .

He would be matched up to wrestlers on last minute notice while secretly training for aid wrestling .

He would be compared to a vicious boxing great perhaps a young Lennox

Rogan would have cuckold remarks how Tyson is a beast and would have him chained

Also Tyson would have tattoos much earlier in his carrier

Tyson would be called once in a lifetime human

He would be called the greatest mma fighter ever

Ali would be matched the hardest, people would complain on his boring style .
On forums he would be called racist and should be banned from mma

The majority would write bad things about him. And trolls would have a field day

At the end Ali would be considered the matrix an all time great and the greatest light heavyweight mma fighter that ever lived

Pulev walks through both of them on the same night ...in MMA, but also in boxing.

Hard to say for so many reasons. The main one, Ali didn't like physical stuff, he developed his style to avoid punishment but he didn't like football as a kid. Mma, it's virtually impossible to avoid it. Yet and still, Ali, when he got older showed as much toughness and heart as anyone, and way more than tyson ever did. So as pure warrior? Ali hands down. I think Tyson would be more open to MMA style, he'd been in lots of tussles growing up, like Duran it wouldn't be completely new to him and I think his body type would favor MMA more. Tyson wasn't mentally like Ali, not too many guys were so it throws a monkey wrench into the whole idea.

The two standout heavyweights in recent history would generate moolah like no others, imagine the hype they could generate around the ferocious Tyson and Mcgregor's a great talker but Ali patented the formula.

Tyson, because he would have dispatched guys more quickly. No way would anyone I've seen in MMA ever stand up to Tyson's onslaught.

Tyson, because he would have dispatched guys more quickly. No way would anyone I've seen in MMA ever stand up to Tyson's onslaught.
you really believe that?

you really believe that?
Yes. I have never seen any MMA fighter who I believe could stand up to Tyson's aggression, power and explosiveness.

Name some mma fighters that you think could walk through Tysons best shots or even outbox him.

Tyson did not knockout all of his opponents, some, like James Tillis weren't even hurt. Any half decent ufc fighter would clinch short tyson and take him down.

Yes. I have never seen any MMA fighter who I believe could stand up to Tyson's aggression, power and explosiveness.

Name some mma fighters that you think could walk through Tysons best shots or even outbox him.
none of them can walk through his best shots but they don't have to. People, even today, forget how easily a boxer can get tied up and taken to the ground. After that, the punching power is irrelevant for the most part. I love boxing, I hate to admit it but anyone with only boxing today cannot fight against the best. give him a five percent shot, that's about it.

Tyson, with the right trainer (and this is crucial because he was a fuckup), is built to become very good at wrestling, stopping takedowns, and hurting guys inside.

Ali with the right training, was built to avoid takedowns and stay on the outside, like Gus did to Jones, except, of course, much better.

Tyson, with the right trainer (and this is crucial because he was a fuckup), is built to become very good at wrestling, stopping takedowns, and hurting guys inside.

Ali with the right training, was built to avoid takedowns and stay on the outside, like Gus did to Jones, except, of course, much better.
Why didnt t you just say train w Edmond and they both achieve greatness ?

Top it off with an unholy amount of endurance compared to mma. Tyson with some training would have made people say "chuck who?" when ko artist were brought up. Boxing in mma is a sloppy mess that everyone gets blown away be a simple counter or feint.

Top it off with an unholy amount of endurance compared to mma. Tyson with some training would have made people say "chuck who?" when ko artist were brought up. Boxing in mma is a sloppy mess that everyone gets blown away be a simple counter or feint.
I think Tank stops him lol
Tyson was very unstable I can imagine mma being banned because of how brutal he was

none of them can walk through his best shots but they don't have to. People, even today, forget how easily a boxer can get tied up and taken to the ground. After that, the punching power is irrelevant for the most part. I love boxing, I hate to admit it but anyone with only boxing today cannot fight against the best. give him a five percent shot, that's about it.
Sure but how many MMA fights are over in less than 30 seconds with one guy laying unconcious from a goofball overhand?

Now who is more likely to be successful in that type of fight? Tyson or Ali? Obviously Tyson.

the sports are also different completely in ideology. Boxers (along with all other american sports) are taught never to quit, that it's the greatest sin since adam. The only way you're going to undo that type of teaching is to go back to whenever they were 12. I can't see Ali ever quitting, he'd just get torn apart because he was old school. Tyson might be a little more amenable to quitting, he quit several times at the end of his career.

Sure but how many MMA fights are over in less than 30 seconds with one guy laying unconcious from a goofball overhand?

Now who is more likely to be successful in that type of fight? Tyson or Ali? Obviously Tyson.
not that many, i know ray mercer did it but usually things go the way they did for James Toney, boxers being too stubborn to learn anything else.

I agree with this, with zero training Tyson transitions better, or doubt.

One side note to this thread - Ali was under 210 in his prime, Tyson was 215 and a bit. We are talking about potentially a couple of middleweights. LHW tops for Tyson.

does anyone know if any of the top gracies were kayoed on their feet?

Back