Tyson Fury vs. Tony Bellew is Target Fight For 2018, Says Hearn

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
We may get a heavyweight showdown between former world champion Tony Bellew and Tyson Fury in 2018, according to promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom.

Hearn has spoken to both fighters about agreeing a deal.

Bellew was scheduled to fight next month in a rematch with David Haye, who withdrew with a bicep injury. While a Haye rematch is being rescheduled for next March or May - there is guarantee the fight will actual happen.

bellew-fury.jpg

http://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury-vs-tony-bellew-target-fight-2018-says-hearn--122935

Recently Hearn said he would never put a small heavyweight like Bellew against someone like AJ or Wilder. And now this.

The guy is getting is annoying.

Fury will gain 100 more pounds and then pull out with an injury.

That's an "if" as big as he is, but If Fury gets in fighting shape, there's money to be made betting on Bellew landing less than 20 punches.

Bellew outboxes Tyson. Easy work.
Sorry, I’m not buying that as a serious assessment.

If Tyson gets remotely near his fighting weight bellew gets demolished early. Tyson can actually punch where haye with an injury that would’ve caused most people to quit couldn’t. If he’s in shape Tyson ko early is easy money.

I really hope Tyson can get himself back into the mix - lots of training videos out there, and the gut looks less extreme than it has been.

Bellew has no chance against a Fury at anything above 75%.

Dusseldorf Fury probably toys with the rest of the HW division. By far the best defensive boxer in the division and incredible stamina for a man that size.

He's really done a number on his body though. I wonder if he can be the same with such a long time out. Bellew's a smart fight for all involved and will be a good payday for both regardless.

Sorry, I’m not buying that as a serious assessment.

If Tyson gets remotely near his fighting weight bellew gets demolished early. Tyson can actually punch where haye with an injury that would’ve caused most people to quit couldn’t. If he’s in shape Tyson ko early is easy money.

I am not at all convinced that Tyson actually boxes ever again. His emotional state just does not seem reliable. But like you said, if he can even get into decent condition I think it is an easy fight for him. I don't even see it being competitive.

Don't really like Bellew but I've come to respect him over the years. That being said Adonis beat the fuck out of him at 175, Tyson looking like well over 300lbs and he's a giant human being in general. If Fury get into fight shape Bellew's gonna take a beating.

Easy work for your bookie maybe.

That was a good one. <45>

This is a good, logical match up to make. A good first opponent back for Fury against someone who poses much less of a threat than the rest of the division.

The build up will help bring in viewers. Domestic clash with lots of trash talk and they can play up the Manchester vs Liverpool side of it, bringing in even more casuals. If it's with Hearn, I expect it to be on Sky box office.

I am not at all convinced that Tyson actually boxes ever again.

This. I am a big Fury fan, but for the last 6months to a year, it seems like he will be coming nack for 2 weeks or so, then he will say he is retired and not coming back. Then after a couple weeks of nothing, repeat the cycle. The only thing is, traiing for 1-2 weeks at a time does not put any dent into his gut what so ever.

He posted some clips this week, and he looks fatter and worse off than any of the other training vids he posted this last year or so.

Dude is a mental mess. Mind boggling, considering if he could just lose like 50 pounds, he would look decent enough for a fight or two, and could make like 5 million each fight probably. Dunno how you can't find motivation, with that kind of money on the line, when you're married and have a family (I think he has at least one kid, right?)

I'm not sure if Fury will ever box again, but Bellew at heavyweight absolutely sucks

I'm not sure if Fury will ever box again, but Bellew at heavyweight absolutely sucks
Better warm up than an unknown bum.

Fury overrated. Can’t fight coming forward. Bellew outboxes him on the back foot. EASY WORK.
Bellew comes forward better than Chisora?
A chin that was getting cracked at LHW today has no business at the big men of today’s HW.

i think Fury is a funny one, other than his win v Klit, he has one of the worst resumes i have ever seen from a linear world champion, he literally fought nobody until that fight, and then put everyone to sleep in it

the only other name on his record is Chisora

Back