Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder Is Stipe Miocic vs Francis Ngannou All Over Again

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

Tyson-Fury-1062x598.jpg

You got Tyson Fury who isn't some insane ko artist but his technique is real good and he can get ko's from time to time. he has more experience, he's quicker, better defense, and his ring iq is very high
giphy.gif

9b567cb4-d12b-4394-9b25-25cae6f131d9.jpg

Then u got Deontay Wilder who is pretty much only known to be a KO artist and he got out boxed in his last fight by Ortiz before landing that big golf club swing of a punch. he's not really technical but he throws 100% at all times and gets off balance every hard punch he throws
giphy.gif

100.webp

I mean wtf is that ^ LOL he just golf clubbed his opponent

Stipe was real clean with his punches vs Francis Ngannou and his defense was pretty good
giphy.gif

tumblr_p3106h7MLi1r7vh24o2_500.gif

giphy.gif

Ngannou and Wilder prove that all it takes is one clubbing awkward shot to get the ko though
CommonSeparateAztecant-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think we all knew what to expect in stipe francis - big early ko by francis or late victory for stipe
giphy.gif

I think its gonna be similar for Wilder vs Fury. Fury is quicker and has better defense but wilder just needs one punch to end it all

Fury's wrestling will be the big difference imo.

IMO Francis took that unexpected flight to Paris for a reason .. it didn't work obviously but I firmly believe that he was doing stuff he shouldn't have been

IMO Francis took that unexpected flight to Paris for a reason .. it didn't work obviously but I firmly believe that he was doing stuff he shouldn't have been

i heard people saying he did it to cycle off, not get on a cycle... either way it didnt help in the end

i heard people saying he did it to cycle off, not get on a cycle... either way it didnt help in the end
so your basically saying what I said but in a different way ...

Well he had no gas tank .. what ever he did it backfired .. Karmatic stuff happens like that

Poor comparison. Wilder is more like Jon Jones in that he wins with a lanky reach that generates power from odd angles. Wilder can also cover a ton of a ground in an instant with a single stepping jab.

It's really not.

Not at all. Fury is a compete wildcard at this point. He hasn't had legitimate competition in nearly 3 years and no one knows which Fury will show up. His last two bouts were borderline exhibitions and he didn't even look so great then. If anything the similarities begin and end with Fury, like Ngannou, being a complete wildcard where a prediction concerning their performance ranges in the unknown

Fury is more technical than Wilder, but it probably won't be enough. Wilder's flaws are mostly revealed when he has a guy hurt. He swarms on his opponent like a mad dog and swings like crazy. Before that point though, Wilder's technique is a bit better. He's got a nice jab and a historical right hand. The worst possible match up for him was Ortiz and he overcame that. Ortiz probably has the best technique in the division right now and has power. Plus Ortiz is a southpaw. Fury's technique is solid, but not as good at Oritiz's and he has less power. His height and movement will be a problem for Wilder, but once Wilder decides to stop playing chess and go for it, Fury is probably toast.

instead of just saying "its really not" why not explain yourself. wilder throws wild punches and hits hard - so does Francis. Stipe and Fury are the more clean punchers but they dont have as much power

that's the only x factor in this fight for me. if the right Fury shows up, i think he'll be able to see Wilder's bombs from miles away and he'll slip them

if he's slow and sluggish he'll get caught within the first six rounds

exactly. if it's the Fury from 3 years ago he's the perfect style to beat wilder with his reach, patience, jab and ability to slip punches. if the Fury from his past two exhibitions shows up he'll be woefully unprepared against Wilder. I wish Fury would've fought some top 10 HWs before taking this fight but I guess we should be happy with it given the landscape of the division for the past decade plus

Wilder can box fine.
Look at that gif you posted. In their second fight ( if you watched it ) the first ( few ) knockdowns were from straights and left hooks IIRC. His boxing looked good. When he realized Stiverne was totally unprepared he just showboated.

Fury is a good boxer, but he's been put down. It's a 50/50 fight for me.

Wilder will pick him apart.

That said, I sort of doubt this will be a great fight. Both guys like to lay back and let the other guy come at them. Could be a lot of feinting and low punch output.

Poor comparison. Wilder is more like Jon Jones in that he wins with a lanky reach that generates power from odd angles. Wilder can also cover a ton of a ground in an instant with a single stepping jab.

Like Jon Jones? FUCK RIGHT OFF.

Cretin

Wilder will pick him apart.

That said, I sort of doubt this will be a great fight. Both guys like to lay back and let the other guy come at them. Could be a lot of feinting and low punch output.

The first few rounds could be shockingly bad

Not really accurate comparison.

Deontay is much more proven than Francis and has much better cardio.

Fury is not faster than Deontay. I actually think Deontays speed will decide the fight.

Both guys win fights because of their personality and character. Deontay has power but he also fights like a dog with his back against the wall.

12 rounds is a long time to dance around a guy like Wilder. He can end the fight any second.

Back