Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fight is set for December in Staples Center

Who wins?

• Total voters
I agree that if Wilder catches him like that, it's over.

But I keep thinking how Spzilka made him miss over & over & over how even that useless Hispanic guy (the one who went out in one round vs. Arreola?) had some success, how Duhaupas was able to find him...

Fury is not stupid. He's not gonna stand in front of Wilder. He's gonna lie back & make the dude miss, tie him up & lean on him. As this gets closer I think he's got an actual chance. Deontay's not got enough of a boxing brain to unpick him, IMO. If it turns into a firefight I'd lay money on Wilder levelling him but I've got this feeling it's gonna be a shocking bore & Fury's going to walk away with a win.

Also, Fury's so fecking big he doesn't need to be, like, a natural puncher to discomfort you. Klit the Elder wasn't a natural puncher either, but eighteen stone plus prodding & poking you repeatedly while you swing & miss can change your mindset to "I want to go home" rather quickly.

Former three-time heavyweight world title challenger Chris Arreola (36-5-1, 31 KOs), 37, of Riverside, California, who has not fought since suffering an eighth-round knockout loss challenging world titleholder Deontay Wilder in July 2016, plans to make a comeback. Arreola, who has been training, will return to face an opponent to be determined on Dec. 1 on the non-televised undercard of the Wilder-Tyson Fury world title fight at Staples Center in Los Angeles, a source with knowledge of the plan told ESPN on Thursday. Besides the loss to Wilder, Arreola also suffered a sixth-round knockout to Bermane Stiverne for a vacant world title in their 2014 rematch and a 10th-round stoppage in a title fight to Vitali Klitschko in 2009 at the Staples Center.

Dan Rafael espn

Former three-time heavyweight world title challenger Chris Arreola (36-5-1, 31 KOs), 37, of Riverside, California, who has not fought since suffering an eighth-round knockout loss challenging world titleholder Deontay Wilder in July 2016, plans to make a comeback. Arreola, who has been training, will return to face an opponent to be determined on Dec. 1 on the non-televised undercard of the Wilder-Tyson Fury world title fight at Staples Center in Los Angeles, a source with knowledge of the plan told ESPN on Thursday. Besides the loss to Wilder, Arreola also suffered a sixth-round knockout to Bermane Stiverne for a vacant world title in their 2014 rematch and a 10th-round stoppage in a title fight to Vitali Klitschko in 2009 at the Staples Center.

Dan Rafael espn
not gonna make a splash, he should stay retired but he needs the money id assume

Fury is looking in damn good shape.

Has the Burrito come into play in Fury's trashtalk yet? Lol this hype job they're doing has been classic. I really scratch my head on this fight, it's really hard to pick a winner based on everything, if Fury wasn't everything Wilder isn't as a boxer, I'd pick Wilder outright. But the exact thing that'll give Wilder trouble is Furys game, even if Fury should have waited on the fight. Definitely the most exciting fight in boxing currently signed.

I agree that if Wilder catches him like that, it's over.

But I keep thinking how Spzilka made him miss over & over & over how even that useless Hispanic guy (the one who went out in one round vs. Arreola?) had some success, how Duhaupas was able to find him...

Fury is not stupid. He's not gonna stand in front of Wilder. He's gonna lie back & make the dude miss, tie him up & lean on him. As this gets closer I think he's got an actual chance. Deontay's not got enough of a boxing brain to unpick him, IMO. If it turns into a firefight I'd lay money on Wilder levelling him but I've got this feeling it's gonna be a shocking bore & Fury's going to walk away with a win.

Also, Fury's so fecking big he doesn't need to be, like, a natural puncher to discomfort you. Klit the Elder wasn't a natural puncher either, but eighteen stone plus prodding & poking you repeatedly while you swing & miss can change your mindset to "I want to go home" rather quickly.

He made chisora quit and only really threw jabs at him! Says it all.
People discount his size, which is strange as it is such a huge advantage over pretty much everyone he fights!

Think this fights too early though dave. Should’ve fought better competition before stepping in with wilder/Joshua, he’d have been much better prepared. I’m still not sure whether hes taken this fight because it presented itself, or if he’s cashing out. Furys also more durable than he’s given credit for but I can see wilder finding him and ending him at some point

What about people like you who thought Fury looked trash in his last two fights and was not ready for top opposition?

I take it you'll only be giving Wilder limited credit for this one with that said?
i don't know about PUO3, but i expect wilder to blow fury out of the fucking water.

i guess i'll be giving him limited credit for it, i'm not sure what you mean by that. putting ortiz to sleep definitely impresses me more than decapitating fury.

People discount his size, which is strange as it is such a huge advantage over pretty much everyone he fights!

Think this fights too early though dave. Should’ve fought better competition before stepping in with wilder/Joshua, he’d have been much better prepared. I’m still not sure whether hes taken this fight because it presented itself, or if he’s cashing out. Furys also more durable than he’s given credit for but I can see wilder finding him and ending him at some point
If he was only looking to cash out I very much doubt hed have gotten in this good of shape.

How does fury compare to king kong skill wise? Is he a larger version of king kong?

That's why this fight is so high drama. You can't bet on either guy, we really don't know what to expect. I don't think Fury's style is all about peak physical condition, if he's in shape as he is now, I don't think people have to worry about this win being cheap if Deontay prevails. But, we'll see. Wilder is a different can of worms than 2 bums Fury fought coming back. And for Wilder, we'll see what he's worth as well. Can he connect with the evasive bigger man and get him out of there? Wlad could hit very hard himself, and he was surely the more refined boxer. Didnt bother Fury a bit. Wilder had plenty of rough moments along the way with opponents far less swift of foot, and far less physical advantages. So Fury's questions get cancelled out in my mind by Wilder's questions. This fight is 50/50

How does fury compare to king kong skill wise? Is he a larger version of king kong?

He might be more classically skilled, as Fury does a lot of what some might consider "unorthodox", especially his movement. Also that Ortiz is 49, so that also was likely a factor in the Wilder fight. I mean, he DID hurt Wilder, and was winning.

Fury is just VERY coordinated and fluid for such a big person. He has been boxing his whole life, so his body does the stuff naturally.

Even in the Wlad vs AJ fight, people thought Wlad looked amazing. But even when he was fresh in the fight, bouncing around, he still looked like a robot with his movement. AJ is the same way.

Someone like Wilder is very athletic and seems more coordinated and talent than AJ or even Wlad.. but he isn't a natural boxer, which makes his movement and technique look like garbage.

Cards suppose to have Wilder-Fury. Jarret Hurd, Luis Ortiz, Joe Joyce, and Chris Arreola.
Thats a good card

That's why this fight is so high drama. You can't bet on either guy, we really don't know what to expect. I don't think Fury's style is all about peak physical condition, if he's in shape as he is now, I don't think people have to worry about this win being cheap if Deontay prevails. But, we'll see. Wilder is a different can of worms than 2 bums Fury fought coming back. And for Wilder, we'll see what he's worth as well. Can he connect with the evasive bigger man and get him out of there? Wlad could hit very hard himself, and he was surely the more refined boxer. Didnt bother Fury a bit. Wilder had plenty of rough moments along the way with opponents far less swift of foot, and far less physical advantages. So Fury's questions get cancelled out in my mind by Wilder's questions. This fight is 50/50

I certainly wouldn’t call this a cheap win if deontay wins. I think wilder has seen an opportunity for this fight early, and there’s no way fury could turn it down.
Fury on paper looks like a nightmare matchup. I’ve said in the past that he’s potentially tougher for wilder than Joshua stylistically. My concern is furys lack of competitive rounds against a competitive fighter. he hasn't fought a competitive fighter for 3 year. That may or may not make a difference? Personally I’d have rather seen him in with a proper top ten fighter at least before Joshua/wilder

Skillwise Tyson is light years ahead of Ortiz imo. Moves way better, however his power is more limited and again imo isn't in the best shape he possibly could be but is looking better than I would have imagined at this point in his come back.

I think Tyson has a chance in this. He's going to have to outwork and tire Deontay constantly by leaning on him and tying him up. His movement is great.

Chances are wilder knocks him out but if he can move which he is the king at for such a massive man. He could frustrate wilder to a decision.

I certainly wouldn’t call this a cheap win if deontay wins. I think wilder has seen an opportunity for this fight early, and there’s no way fury could turn it down.
Fury on paper looks like a nightmare matchup. I’ve said in the past that he’s potentially tougher for wilder than Joshua stylistically. My concern is furys lack of competitive rounds against a competitive fighter. he hasn't fought a competitive fighter for 3 year. That may or may not make a difference? Personally I’d have rather seen him in with a proper top ten fighter at least before Joshua/wilder
Yea this is pretty much what I think. I wouldn't devalue a Deontay sin massively but people have got to understand that they've got this fight at the right time. I would have preferred them stick to warrens original plan in fighting about four guys and limit Tysons chance according to the lack of rounds he's had.

But.. if there's anyone on paper that can beat Deontay it's Tyson. And from all the interviews I've seen and footage of him working he looks and sounds great both physically and mentally.

I'm much more positive than I was when the fight was announced, though if Tyson does win he will be making the fight into a shit show of tie ups, leaning and some serious footwork.

Back