Tyson Fury unretires...

I think the biggest think for fury is the lack of recognition. After he beat klitchko I think he was expecting to become a media darling over here in britain. And when that didn't happen he took it very personally. And he thinks it's because he's a gypsy. (Probably true). I can relate in a way to how horrible this is, I come from a broken home and had a terrible start in life yet I'm now a healthcare professional and am the only one in my family to go to university, but my achievements have been unrecognised , it hurts and I think it has hurt him so bad to the point where he just couldn't take it anymore and took to drugs and alcohol. It must sting to see Joshua winning one title from an even older klitchko and have the British media make out it's the second coming of Muhammad Ali.

What are you talking about you dipshit? His issues are caused by himself, not by the people.
He had shown signs of fragility and suicidal thoughts way before the Klitschko fight.

He never looked to be a media darling either: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-launches-foul-mouthed-7961614

Hey thanks for calling me dip shit. I like that.

He himself has said he hasn't had the recognition he thinks he deserves. Whether you use the term media darling , household name, people's champ etc etc it's the same thing. And it's clearly done the guy damage. It explains why his problems only became a contributing factor since he beat klitchko and didn't surface or affect his career before.

You're connecting dots that could be incoherent. Fury is evidently a loose cannon... If he had received twice as many instagram followers as Kim Kardashian post Klitschko, he'd still be where he is today.

The opposite of what you're suggesting could be the case, meaning that he can't handle his own presence in the media.

I disagree. I'd suggest he feels mistreated and un-loved by his public. And it's a big factor in him going over the edge. I'm talking about recognition, not Instagram followers. I'm talking about the way he and his achievements are portrayed in the media compared with those of similar achievements. It must hurt to work your ass off, win all the belts as an under dog to then struggle to get a decent sponsor or any "positive" media coverage. And to compound that with the suspension and postponement of multiple hearings has pushed the guy over the edge.

Yea sure... Sure.

You're projecting your own inner life on Tyson Fury.

I disagree. I'd suggest he feels mistreated and un-loved by his public. And it's a big factor in him going over the edge. I'm talking about recognition, not Instagram followers. I'm talking about the way he and his achievements are portrayed in the media compared with those of similar achievements. It must hurt to work your ass off, win all the belts as an under dog to then struggle to get a decent sponsor or any "positive" media coverage. And to compound that with the suspension and postponement of multiple hearings has pushed the guy over the edge.

You are seriously reading waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much into the dudes downfall.

The best fight he ever had was one of the worst fights in heavyweight history. Period. End of sentence. You are making it seem like him beating Wlad in a horrid fight was some amazing accomplishment. It was not. Wlad got knocked out cold by a professional golfer. And a midget before that. Neither of them got that so-called acclaim and fortune or became folk heroes nor did they lose their fucking minds because of it.

It was obvious he was off his rocker before the Wlad fight ever happened. His press conference antics and pre-fight statements were beyond nuts. The win over Wlad didn't make him a religious zealot of the worst kind. Or homophobic. Or a total liar. He knows damn well he would have lost a rematch. Or a fight against any top mandatory opponent. So he quit. Gave up his belts and called it a career. That's it.

He won a shit fight for a bunch of belts. Knew he would lose a rematch so he retired. Now he pretends to make a comeback every few months because he's a lying crazy idiot. It's not complicated at all.

^ I'm basically with the guy above me, with the proviso that despite the unedifying nature of the spectacle of the Wlad fight, I do give Fury all the credit in the world for actually beating the fella.

The idea that Tyson wasn't as mad as a bag of spanners before the media fallout after the Wlad fight is bollocks. I met him just before the Maddalone fight & he was a little bit nutsoid then. Add in a few hundred grand & the partying/celebration that goes with it et voila.

Wlad got knocked out cold by a professional golfer. And a midget before that.

Corrie sanders, who I guess you mean with "professional golfer" even though he just played it on a high level in his youth, was tough as hell, heavily underrated as a puncher and the "midget" who beat wlad before that is 6ft3.. Not sure why people still try to shit on wlad so much.

Last edited:
He is big and can box. You can't take that away.

Some of you are really discounting how effective good gear is. He is rich and he has a lot of backers. If he is serious, he will get in shape inhumanly fast. But, even with all that gear you need someone that can box.

In my opinion, an in shape Tyson Fury beats Joshua and Wilder. He is straight up legit. I don't know it is hard for people to give him props because he is not very likable or media friendly. He is straight up legit though. You guys are forgetting about Duran or Toney. Boxing skills don't leave you. You'll always be competitive but maybe just not champ.

edit:

How do you guys not like this guy? He says something stupid occasionally but he would be a fun guy to drink with.

Last edited:
Corrie sanders, who I guess you mean with "professional golfer" even though he just played it on a high level in his youth, was tough as hell, heavily underrated as a puncher and the "midget" who beat wlad before that is 6ft3.. Not sure why people still try to shit on wlad so much.

Corrie Sanders was game when he was in shape. He was pretty close to having beat both Klitschkos. Corrie had to go in guns a blazing against Vitali since he wasn't in shape and wouldn't have last 12 rounds.

Corrie Sanders was game when he was in shape. He was pretty close to having beat both Klitschkos. Corrie had to go in guns a blazing against Vitali since he wasn't in shape and wouldn't have last 12 rounds.

The beating he took against vitali was brutal and he still refused to go down. The guy was a warrior. I think most people already know this but he actually died by shielding his daughter when robbers fired gunshots at them.

The beating he took against vitali was brutal and he still refused to go down. The guy was a warrior. I think most people already know this but he actually died by shielding his daughter when robbers fired gunshots at them.

Yeah. It's been talked about before around here. He's a hero for doing that.

Not trying to be an insensitive dick, but he also went out guns blazing too. Like a G. RIP.

I don't know it is hard for people to give him props because he is not very likable or media friendly.

How do you guys not like this guy? He says something stupid occasionally but he would be a fun guy to drink with.

Hmmm...

Back