Tyson Fury looking in shape & ready for come back | Page 2

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by d3vil0ck, Mar 12, 2017.

1. cottagecheesefan Red Belt

cottagecheesefan
    First of all, the term racist makes you sound very poor. It was more culturalist or geographist, as it was based on culture and location, rather than race, ethnicity, and skin colour. Just like saying you sound poor is classist or or economist.

Second, I think we all should address the fat shaming going on in this thread, related to Tyson Fury's appearance. How dare you?

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  2. treelo Brown Belt

treelo
    I dont see it, Fury may be a bit of laughing stock, but he is probably the best boxer at HW right now

others might have more power, more windmills, but Fury can actually box

Marc A likes this.
  3. Prefect Purple Belt

Prefect
    Public opinion is a weird thing. A boxer can beat a hall of famer and still not have legitimacy. Another boxer could have gotten the title without beating the king or even anyone relevant and be proclaimed without hesitation heir to the throne.

ICHEERTHEBULL and Sebbe like this.
  4. Marc A 2017 is my year

Marc A
    Lol at windmills.
    He is the man until he gets beat

Another thing , Fury always claimed Conor copied him , I believe it now ,
    Fury takes time off and boom Conor follows right along

5. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    Hes more sound than most of them but hes not some defensive wizard who cant be hit.

6. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    Or there is just context to everything.

Mr.Maelstrom and nac386 like this.
  7. Prefect Purple Belt

Prefect

Present day Fury is a bad match up for the Klitschkos , present, past, or future versions. Fury is big enough to take away a lot of what they use to win fights. It is just a bad match up. Don't get me wrong. The Klitsckos are all time greats but a lot of what makes them great is their excellent use of their size advantage. Without that advantage, they are beatable. Corrie Sanders was too much for Vlad and roughed up Vitali a bit before losing and no one considers him an ATG. Lennox and a lot of other guys could beat Corrie Sanders without any struggle.
    Fury is just a bad matchup.

8. BluntTrauma21 Young Martha

BluntTrauma21
    Lol I hope you are man. Tyson looking like a giant sack of shit right now. I'd guess he's made up of about 98% beer and fried food.

9. XThe GreatestX Black Belt

XThe GreatestX
    I agree with all of this. Fury gets a lot of shit on this forum but if we are being really brutally honest, he embarrassed Wlad. Made him look like an amateur

He would probably beat Wilder unless he got caught. Wilder has been having tough struggles with fighters who aren't half the calibar of Fury. Fury probably gives him a boxing lesson

Joshua has had one fight with a legit top 10 hw. Dillian Whyte and he went to life and death with him. Got rocked and damn near dropped by him. I'm not convinced at all that Joshua would beat Fury. I think its far more likely Fury sticks and moves and beats him.

Luis Ortiz is a wild card. I will reserve my judgment until i see him against a top 10 fighter, but ill say this. Nothing he did in his last fight against Malik Scott, makes me believe that he could beat Fury

After watching David Haye fight a few weeks ago, I have no doubt Fury would have taken him to school if they had fought.

Fury would make Joseph Parker look stupid.
    Fury would make Pulev look stupid
    Fury would make Stiverne look stupid

Im sure everyone on the site is going to continue to talk down on Fury, but imo, he probably is going to keep winning for a loooooooooong time.

10. XThe GreatestX Black Belt

XThe GreatestX
    exactly. good post

11. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    Never said they werent unbeatable. But theyre much more easily beaten when they wont throw punches (see Wlad's last two outings).

Doesnt discredit his win. He did exactly what he needed to there. Its just context to the fight.

Wilder and Joshua would come for his head, and likely land at some point.

Thats not to say I give him no chance. Fury is a good fighter and Ive long given him more credit than most.

12. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    You point out everyones bad except for Fury's. As if every outing hes looked like a world beater himself.

13. XThe GreatestX Black Belt

XThe GreatestX
    eh. if Joshua goes in there and blows Klits away, ill reassess. But like i said. if we are being honest he has fought one top 10 hw and literally had a round by round struggle with him where he got hurt and rocked multiple times. Sorry i am not going say he can beat Fury because of that and being a can crusher

With Wilder there is even less of an argument imo. He has looked mediocre against medicore competition for over a year now. Nothing he has done indicates to me that he would beat fury.

I assume those are the two you think would beat Fury correct?

Gregoire1 likes this.
  14. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    Have you never favored an up and coming challenger over a champ?

Yes, Id take them to beat Fury. I think Fury does better against patient boxers or counter punchers than he would against guys who are coming to try to remove his dome.

I just hope we get to see it. HW can finally be interesting and we arent getting shit lol.

15. XThe GreatestX Black Belt

XThe GreatestX
    Lol I agree. Finally something interesting.

And yes I have... I actually picked Fury to beat Klits tbh:p

Anyways I just simply dont agree. I dont know whats wrong with Wilder but to me its almost like hes regressing. For god sakes Gerald Washington was up probably 4-0 before the KO. It took him 9 rounds to beat Artur Szpilka!! And that was a close fight too. I just dont see how he has success against Fury. I think Fury would take him to school.

I am a fan of Joshua but i need to see more. Like i said one fight against a top 10 guy and its not like he walked through him. That was a rough fight. The three fights that Fury fought top ten guys ( Chisora 2x and Klits) Fury was dominant. Obviously styles are everything but I think Furys movement and awkward techinque gives Joshua fits.

Perhaps he can change my mind with the klits fight. I picked Joshua but I think its gonna be the first time at that level. I also think its his first time fighting someone just as big as him, and just as skilled as him. Itll be interesting if Klits shows up

Gregoire1 likes this.
  16. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    Well done. I thought Fury would have his moments but Wlad would catch him. I still cant believe how inactive he was there, missing is one thing but he was just standing there. As a Wlad fan Im a bit worried hes going to show up flat vs Joshua and get leveled.

Wilder hasnt looked his best, no argument there.

I think Del Boy is a massive can but thats irrelevant at this point.

17. JayE Brown Belt

JayE
    He'd always be a bad matchup for Wlad (not that I'm convinced he'd beat a younger version of Wlad, by any means). In some ways I might actually be more confident in pre-Steward Wlad beating Fury just because he was a far more offensive fighter back then, and Fury isn't much of a puncher.

Vitali was a fair bit different stylistically than Wlad. He could fight at different distances and was willing to walk through more to land his offense. Sanders had some brief success in the first two rounds against Vitali, but it was one way traffic after that (at least to my memory, anyway). As much as Fury made Wlad look bad, it's not like either man landed a ton, and it's not like Wlad didn't have some success when he finally sold out. That's an old version of Wlad, as well.

Gregoire1 and Mr.Maelstrom like this.
  18. XThe GreatestX Black Belt

XThe GreatestX
    i actually agree with the Del Boy thing. But enough people think hes decent so i included him in my argument lol. But yeah Wlad needs to be very careful. This could be really bad if hes not on his A-game

Gregoire1 likes this.
  19. JayE Brown Belt

JayE
    Considering the current division, I don't think this would be too far-fetched if Fury was stable outside of the ring and stayed in shape year round. Unfortunately, Fury has shown nothing to suggest that's a realistic expectation at this point.

Gregoire1 likes this.
  20. XThe GreatestX Black Belt

XThe GreatestX
    I agree. His outside the ring problems are troublesome. But if he is able to come back and be the same? I think he continues winning. Hes so awkward in their but at the same time, his jab is sound, his techinque is good in the sense that it works for him and he has enough power to get by. Hes not 1973 Earnie Shavers. But I think he has some good power and has rocked/knocked out a lot of guys. Chisora whether or not you think hes a great fighter, went 12 rounds with Vitali in a back and forth fight. In his second fight with Fury he took such a bad beating he got stopped in the corner. and to make it even weirder Fury fought as a southpaw for most of the fight! Dillian Whyte hit him with some bombs as well and he stayed in there. I think Fury def has some power in him