Tyson Fury: Deontay Wilder deal almost done

mind you wilder can be quite funny himself can't he so they'll be feeding off each other I bet haha
Its going to be a comedy tour. Those pressers will be a spectacle.

I think Fury is confident he will win. That's why he is already throwing out some verbal jabs towards Joshua now about Wilder being easier to negotiate with. It will probably piss him off considering all the negotiation issues they had.

I favor Wlad, but not by a ton. He looked like absolute washed up ass in his previous two outings so trying to write that off as a coincidence and pretend like he was some peak form terminator against AJ is just inaccurate and biased. He looked good against AJ based on the style of fight vs AJ. AJ played into strengths at the end of his punches and there to be hit for a large portion of the fight. Looking good against AJ doesnt negate the fact that he looked done in his last outings.

Anyway, the whole thing is pretty silly. Theyre both two top notch wins no matter how you slice it. Everyone’s resume can be discredited at the end of the day if you try to play the math game.

The narrative hasnt shifted at all. Literally everyone has pointed out that it looks too early for Fury. He better come out with a great performance and have one hell of a camp. At the end of the day, both are taking it as a build up to AJ. Clear for everyone to see.

However, if Fury is hittable, Wilder and AJ are heavy bags lol.

It's a pointless discussion unless you are willing to do what I said and go through Ortiz resume to show me why he compares to any version of Wlad we have seen in the ring.

All your doing here is debating how closer to his prime Wlad was and that's a completely different debate.

You can say that it's ridiculous that Wlad was like a peak terminator but why? No one is saying anything close to that, the arguments are that the version of Wlad that showed up against AJ is on a different level than Ortiz. Your blatantly strawmanning. We already have a case study, we have the version of Wlad that fought AJ to compare. Fury is an enigma and it was the first time in decades that Wlad had faced someone he couldn't impose himself on, he had that experience when fighting AJ, he knew he had to take more risks and he knew he couldn't go out on that note. He did bad against Fury because he malfunctioned and had no answer, he looked fine physically.

Wlad did look good against AJ because of the style, he also looked good because in turned up in top condition, more motivated than ever to right the wrongs of his previous fight, if you can't acknowledge that then there's no talking to you.

The narrative has certainly shifted. If you thought that Fury was miles away from facing the top guys two weeks ago, then you shouldn't think this is a competitive fight at all. Do I really need to point that out.

Great Post. I don't agree on Fury being hittable though. His footwork and head movement are outstanding for a man of his size.

Your basing this off one fight.

One fight against a guy that is a complete anomaly. Wlad throws three punches, a jab, straight and left hook. He throws them all in isolation. It's very effective, but it's not the type of offense you will see from Joshua or Wilder.

Fury has looked plenty hittable throughout his career and he's currently out of shape and not looking great.

I think Wlad was in great shape for Joshua. Not in his prime, but he came out with a more killer instinct, and I presume its because of the debacle against Fury.
That Fury fight was shit. Complete shit, and showed the complacency that took place within Wlads camp and Wlad himself. He got use to being the bigger guy against mediocre guys and when Fury came out and shook his ass at him, he had no idea what to do.
The Wlad that fought Joshua, would've beaten Fury.
I also think Ortiz resume isn't what he's being judged on, but with the eye test and, to some extent, the myths behind him.

It's a pointless discussion unless you are willing to do what I said and go through Ortiz resume to show me why he compares to any version of Wlad we have seen in the ring.

All your doing here is debating how closer to his prime Wlad was and that's a completely different debate.

You can say that it's ridiculous that Wlad was like a peak terminator but why? No one is saying anything close to that, the arguments are that the version of Wlad that showed up against AJ is on a different level than Ortiz. Your blatantly strawmanning. We already have a case study, we have the version of Wlad that fought AJ to compare. Fury is an enigma and it was the first time in decades that Wlad had faced someone he couldn't impose himself on, he had that experience when fighting AJ, he knew he had to take more risks and he knew he couldn't go out on that note. He did bad against Fury because he malfunctioned and had no answer, he looked fine physically.

Wlad did look good against AJ because of the style, he also looked good because in turned up in top condition, more motivated than ever to right the wrongs of his previous fight, if you can't acknowledge that then there's no talking to you.

The narrative has certainly shifted. If you thought that Fury was miles away from facing the top guys two weeks ago, then you shouldn't think this is a competitive fight at all. Do I really need to point that out.
Weve had this dance already. You simply dismiss anything in Wilder’s favor. If AJ had fought Ortiz youd be stroking that win for years to come. Ortiz resume isnt incredible. Its solid. Hes a talented boxer and a dangerous fight for anyone. Hence why no one wants to get in the ring with him.

Ive already pointed out my stance on Fury taking Wilder this early.

Your basing this off one fight.

One fight against a guy that is a complete anomaly. Wlad throws three punches, a jab, straight and left hook. He throws them all in isolation. It's very effective, but it's not the type of offense you will see from Joshua or Wilder.

Fury has looked plenty hittable throughout his career and he's currently out of shape and not looking great.
His fight against WK was fucking awful so why you think I'd base any opinion of him off that I have no idea.
I don't like Fury as a fighter or a man but I can give credit where it's due.
You should try it sometime.

Weve had this dance already. You simply dismiss anything in Wilder’s favor. If AJ had fought Ortiz youd be stroking that win for years to come. Ortiz resume isnt incredible. Its solid. Hes a talented boxer and a dangerous fight for anyone. Hence why no one wants to get in the ring with him.

Ive already pointed out my stance on Fury taking Wilder this early.

You duck out as soon as it comes providing substance for your argument, every, single, time.

AJ has already beat better fighters than Ortiz. I don't discredit Ortiz as a top 5 heavyweight, I discredit this idea that at age 39 he's suddenly this killer that everyone has been avoiding. He's fought no one outside of Wilder. He's fought one top guy and lost, yet we're comparing him to one of the hardest punchers in history that reigned supreme for over a decade. 'Being a talented boxer' is light praise for someone you think represents such a huge win. We could discuss this properly, but you know your wrong.

You did point out your stance on Wilder/Fury, and I'm pointing out that your stance is blatantly hypocritical. The consensus a few weeks back was that Fury was AT LEAST 2-3 fights away from fighting a top guy. If you don't think it's a competitive fight, it's not a good fight, pretty simple.

His fight against WK was fucking awful so why you think I'd base any opinion of him off that I have no idea.
I don't like Fury as a fighter or a man but I can give credit where it's due.
You should try it sometime.

Lol, Fury is my favourite active heavyweight, you don't know what you're talking about.

My point is that he's not going to be that hard to hit for Wilder, it's a whole different proposition. He has looked hittable throughout his career and has been dropped and hurt by much lesser punchers. Then add in the fact he's out of shape and not ready for world class opposition.

If this fight happens it will be guaranteed fun. That's pretty much all I ask for as a fan, I'm here for entertainment. I am 100% sure to be entertained by this one.

You duck out as soon as it comes providing substance for your argument, every, single, time.

AJ has already beat better fighters than Ortiz. I don't discredit Ortiz as a top 5 heavyweight, I discredit this idea that at age 39 he's suddenly this killer that everyone has been avoiding. He's fought no one outside of Wilder. He's fought one top guy and lost, yet we're comparing him to one of the hardest punchers in history that reigned supreme for over a decade. 'Being a talented boxer' is light praise for someone you think represents such a huge win. We could discuss this properly, but you know your wrong.

You did point out your stance on Wilder/Fury, and I'm pointing out that your stance is blatantly hypocritical. The consensus a few weeks back was that Fury was AT LEAST 2-3 fights away from fighting a top guy. If you don't think it's a competitive fight, it's not a good fight, pretty simple.
You see what you want to see. Every, single, time. No one ducked out of anything.

AJ has beaten one fighter better than Ortiz, Wlad.

Glad after trying to discredit him over and over and over again you finally admit hes a top HW.

My stance on Fury is blatanty hypocritical? By agreeing that its too early for him? Interesting. Im not Fury’s handler. I dont make the call when they start taking dangerouns fights again. As far as how competitive it will or wont be, we’ll see how he looks in the next go in a couple weeks. From that last circus show, he gets put to sleep in 3 rounds.

Lol, Fury is my favourite active heavyweight, you don't know what you're talking about.

My point is that he's not going to be that hard to hit for Wilder, it's a whole different proposition. He has looked hittable throughout his career and has been dropped and hurt by much lesser punchers. Then add in the fact he's out of shape and not ready for world class opposition.
We'll have to agree to disagree my good man.
Not disputing that Wilder has the power to put him away but I think even a half fit Fury dances rings around Wilder.

As far as “out of shape”, do you mean his physical condition, or moreso knocking the rust off?

Wilder should still devastate him regardless of whatever "form" he shows up in.

Lest we forget, Prime Fury got blasted by an overhand looping punch by Cruiserweight U.S.S Cunningham, can't even imagine what Wilders punch would do to him.

I think fury is the best but i also think this is a bit too early for him.

Back