Tyrone Spong LHW

FinalConflict2005

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Sucks this guy didn’t continue with a few more mma fights and possibly be picked up by UFC or Bellator. He trained with Rashad Evans who could have helped with the wrestling.

5:45 those body punches. MMA debut btw.

Last edited:
Sucks this guy didn’t continue with a few more mma fights and possibly be picked up by UFC or Bellator. He trained with Rashad Evans who could have helped with the wrestling.
Former K1 champ for those who don’t know.

Cat broke his leg in kickboxing I believe and decided mma/kickboxing wasn't for him and went to boxing. Sad but this life ain't for everyone and it is very dangerous. Anderson Silva is one of the biggest names ever in the sport and the same shit happened to him, he came back but it's a tough thing to deal with. How can you throw a kick or check a kick after that?

I thought he retired after breaking his leg

Personally had a fib/tib fracture and it took 12 months to heal and 14 years later on cold damp days it still bothers me. The rehab sucked and I was in casts for half a year, I understand if that’s his reason behind being apprehensive about going all in for MMA. The cats got talent that’s for sure, but he can do well coaching w/o risk of injury

Personally had a fib/tib fracture and it took 12 months to heal and 14 years later on cold damp days it still bothers me. The rehab sucked and I was in casts for half a year, I understand if that’s his reason behind being apprehensive about going all in for MMA. The cats got talent that’s for sure, but he can do well coaching w/o risk of injury

Yeah. Looked him up and he's 11-0 in boxing so he's still doing well in combat just wanted to avoid the kicking aspect. I don't know if he's really any good in boxing because there's a million cans in that sport but who knows maybe he will do something in it. He's 32 though now and that plays better in mma than boxing but he's a hw and that plays well at hw across the board. Good luck to him, I certainly can't down him for getting out.

He is a beast didn't he have the record before Ngannou for hardest strikes?

this was his kicking record

74 Wins (47 (T)KO's, 27 decisions), 7 Losses (4 (T)KO's, 3 decisions), 1 Draw, 1 No Contest

he was signed to wsof cause he could kickbox as well.

im sure the Anderson ailva type of leg break make him rethink things and start boxing and coaching.

Last time I saw him his leg broke just like Andersons did. Still waiting for him to return lol :(

IMG_20180328_201432.png

He's a pro Boxer now.

Last fought 3 Weeks ago.

He's certainly built up quite a resume for combat sports regardless of his leg break. Was one of the top kickboxers in the world, won 2 fights in mma and now is 11-0 in boxing.

No doubt.

Wouldn't mess with that guy IRL.

Former K1 champ for those who don’t know.

I pondered why Bartlett’s corner was not screaming for a single leg pick or to pull guard?

The opponent was too scared to fight. Tyrone was so open, that a better opponent would have taken advantage of him. Kickboxing looks like it doesn't have good defense, especially in the context of MMA.

Tyrone was a solid MMA prospect and I'm disappointed he didn't pursue it further but he's killing it in boxing currently. He was a really solid kickboxer, too. That leg break against Saki, saw it live(on TV). Fucked up. It would make anyone reconsider their career path.
But like I said, he's still doing well in combat sports over in boxing.

He stated he’s pursuing boxing because the money is better. But if something else lucrative comes his way he will take it.

That leg injury was brutal... Broke right above his ankle wrap. Could imagine what he could have done with proper MMA training.

Watched the leg break during live tv and knew we lost the hottest mma prospect at 205 we had. He is still a fucking savage no matter what type of combat he tries he will succeed, as proven by his new found love of the sweet science. War t.spong

Cat broke his leg in kickboxing I believe and decided mma/kickboxing wasn't for him and went to boxing. Sad but this life ain't for everyone and it is very dangerous. Anderson Silva is one of the biggest names ever in the sport and the same shit happened to him, he came back but it's a tough thing to deal with. How can you throw a kick or check a kick after that?

He was a renowned kickboxer. He broke his leg in, I believe, his second MMA bout. Really disappointing. That guy would have brought some action to the division.

Watched the leg break during live tv and knew we lost the hottest mma prospect at 205 we had. He is still a fucking savage no matter what type of combat he tries he will succeed, as proven by his new found love of the sweet science. War t.spong

He simply stared at it, too. Very mild reaction.

Back