Tyron Woodley vs. Demian Maia Official For UFC 214 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Maia better improve his cardio. Those gassed telegraphed takedowns he goes for in the later rounds....That shit won't fly against Woodley. Would love to see Maia win though. He's got a shot. Picking Woodley by tko however

<This7>
Is it in July?

Too fucking soon man, fuck Woodley

Barely a month to train. His last fight was like middle of May against Masvidal, not even 2 months to prepare for a guy like Woodley,I don't like that

Rory come back

Really should hold off. 214 is set. They must have absolutely no faith in with guy. What's going to headline 215?

Why not?

This marks the third time he'll defend the belt in a span of 9 months. That's rare for a champion.
He defended against the clear cut contender every time.
And i thought he won his last fight. Alot of the media scores gave it to Woodley and so did the judges. You are in the minority.

So lemme ask again, why not?

Fake champ, lost his last fight.

Is okay with fighting a banged up older guy that just a weight cut on a short camp.

All the bullshit he started in the media.

No sir not a fan.. fake champ, opportunistic, begging 'money fights' = leaching of better cards, race baiting, non champ behavior with Maia.. c'mon now someone needs to be very biased to miss a ton of stuff.

He waited a year+ but he can't let Maia 5 extra weeks, don't like the way he handles stuff.

Really should hold off. 214 is set. They must have absolutely no faith in with guy. What's going to headline 215?

GSP vs winner at UFC 217 in NY MSG - Nov 4.

UFC and Woodley pushed Maia into it.

I gotta attend this one, no matter the cost. The Goat, the Female Goat, and the soon to be WW Goat. This is going to be one for the ages.
giphy.gif

Terrible matchup for Maia.

I hate woodley but he's going to win this easily. End of the road for that brazilian.

Hopefully they make Woodley vs. Gunnar after this fight.

What kind of dirt does Woodley have on Dana/WME that they constantly put him on their biggest cards (PPV points), let him sit out over a year waiting for a title shot, and now rushing Maia in there right after he fought a completely different stylistic match up?

Please Rory come quickly because we're barely holding on.

He is very lucky.. and if he wins he gets GSP.

Let's go Maia time to take out Woodley then GSP.

Don't forget Manuwa vs. Oezdemir

Or Super Sage vs Makdessi. Get those karate kids in the Octagon.

Hoping Maia backpacks Woodley and chokes him unconscious. That would be perfect.

{<redford}

"Budlight presents UFC 214: Black Lives Matter. Only on pay per view!"

Wonderboy was a terrible matchup for Woodley on paper, and he survived twice. This is a great matchup. Maia can't take him down and is a horrific striker. Nightmare for Maia.

Maia could beat Wonderboy, so the last decision was unfortunate for him.

It would be the greatest thing ever if Maia switches up to Plan B knowing Woodley is expecting the Backpack

Plan B being pitter patter on Woodley's face till a big shot lands and 'still the champ'? Nope, backpack that motherfucker. Backpack him like your life depends on it.

Was going just for Jones/DC 2, but this makes it pop that much more.

However, first UFC PPV I went to was UFC 209, so I have some bitter feelings still (and I'm a HUGE Woodley fan).

Think this one won't let me know, but you never know these days.

If the odds are anywhere near even I'm betting everything I own in life on Woodey ITD.

Fake champ, lost his last fight.

Is okay with fighting a banged up older guy that just a weight cut on a short camp.

All the bullshit he started in the media.

No sir not a fan.. fake champ, opportunistic, begging 'money fights' = leaching of better cards, race baiting, non champ behavior with Maia.. c'mon now someone needs to be very biased to miss a ton of stuff.

He waited a year+ but he can't let Maia 5 extra weeks, don't like the way he handles stuff.
<LikeReally5>

Picking Maia because of how Woodley puts his back to the cage so much. Wouldn't be shocked if Woodley starches him though. Especially if/when Maia gasses if he can't submit him in the 1st or 2nd.

Back