Tyron Woodley teasing new fight, will NOT be against a WW top 15 contender.

giphy.gif

I'm a Woodley fan so i'd enjoy it. Nate probably thinks he can pull off the Rory gameplan.
You're probably right. Unfortunately for Nate, he's not as large or as good as Rory. It's one thing if you have a champion moving up in weight to challenge the title holder. But it would be a whole new level of shenanigans if Nate, who's not even a top 5 LW, got a crack at the WW title.

Hopefully this is nothing but a rumor.

I really hope it isn't Nate. Nate vs. Ferguson is a fight I'd really like to see. Nate against Woodley would be the biggest head scratcher ever for me.

Tyrones quote starts off with "Don't be surprised" so obviously it's a clue that it's Nate.

lol@ anyone thinking anyone other than a legend deserving a "money fight". Belts are to be defended against contenders, not against whoever will bring in the most money...oh, wait, I forgot, those rules or rankings don't apply anymore.

There is not a single champion right now who merits a super fight. Every single one of them should be defending their belts. What is the longer defense streak at the moment? Three?? Hardly superfight-worthy, in my opinion.

DJ?

This is the riskiest business move ive seen the UFC take in a LONG TIME.....its kind of exciting.....

They wanted to get Mcgregor/Ferguson on the Dec. 30th card but will put GSP/Woodley instead.....

I think GSP should take a little bit more time shedding the weight, but fuck it, its a good match.....

BUT THIS CAN AND WILL bite the UFC in the ASS if Mcgregor's next fight outsells the New Years card.....

If the UFC strips Conor, and Conor still outsells this New Years card without a belt on the line.....the whole business is fucked....

Remember last time they tried this.....they pulled Mcgregor from UFC 200.....and UFC 202 ended up selling 600000 more ppvs....

The UFC is taking the risk that this wont happen again.....if it does....they're gonna probably have to cough up some ownership to keep Conor fighting.....

Back