var WrapperPubKey = '2a236ed9-fb8c-429e-ab47-cacac34a3be6'; Tyron Woodley is the best WW ever | Page 5 | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

Tyron Woodley is the best WW ever

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Threetrees, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Ruthless_swag

Ruthless_swag Yellow Card Yellow Card

Yea how about no.

2. Ruthless_swag

Ruthless_swag Yellow Card Yellow Card

Woodley is BoAT. Leave the GoAT status for the alien. Woodley is the best fighter of all time. Hands down. Bow down to him and accept the new king you gsp cocksucking peasants.

3. Adjutant

Adjutant Purple Belt

Have fun living like this....you’ll go far

4. Foolish

Foolish Green Belt

5. TUFNewb

TUFNewb Brown Belt

I think stylistically GSP beats Woodley. Like Rory and Nate, he has better technical striking, is bigger and has reach advantage, and has excellent TDD. Where I think GSP gets into more trouble is against southpaws with KO power and good defensive grappling. IMO tougher matchups for GSP are prime versions of Hendricks and Lawler or perhaps Lombard.

GSP is the best because he would be betting favorite over any version of any fighter in WW history. Not sure I can say the same for Twood.

Typrune Goatley likes this.
  6. Rikishii

Rikishii Green Belt

You mean everyone who thinks this a about woodley is entitled to their stupidity

7. ImNotSurpisedDonks!

ImNotSurpisedDonks! Silver Belt

<[analyzed}>

I see what you did there. Yes, there is a difference between greatness/legacy and who would be favored in a current fight. Don Frye is greater and more accomplished than Wonderboy, but Wonderboy would certainly destroy him if they fought in their primes.

I think alot of people confuse these two terms, like how Aldo is the 'greatest FW of all time', certainly the most accomplished, but any version of Aldo gets besmirched by Conrad and Max. The sport evolves, it attracts greater talents as time goes and it grows in popularity, the skill level exponentially grows and techniques increase, but we must have some perspective on things and realize everything is relative, just like they know John L Sullivan would get rekt by Wilder in boxing but Sullivan will always be a 'greater fighter'.

8. Roljo

Roljo Brown Belt

Not so sure about GSP vs Woodley.
    Anyway, every UFC fighter except, wmma, midgets and CM Punk would beat Royce at UFC 1, sports evolve, athletes get better and better, in other words water is wet.

9. Brettco

Brettco Orange Belt

10. IvanDrago2.0

IvanDrago2.0 Blue Belt

Lmao gtfo troll

11. Threetrees

Threetrees Sociopath By Day

The difference between the era of GSP/Woodley is not as wide as the era of Royce to now.
    But yes, athletes get better
    but not always
    For example, Royce Gracie would still beat CM Punk, that's just silly
    or more importantly, GSP in his prime would still beat MOST WWs if not all. Silva in his prime would still be a viable middleweight contender, Fedor in his prime would still fight his way to a HW title shot. The greatest of their era tend to be ahead of the curve, so it remains a salient question to ask if the next era has indeed passed even that guy

For example, does anyone doubt that prime GSP would fuck up Maia or Colby Covington? Or that Prime Hughes would beat a lot of top 15 WWs despite being from two [sport] generations ago?

90 50 and Typrune Goatley like this.
  12. crysis

crysis Green Belt

it really depends on what you mean by prime. when gsp had motivation and prior to his acl injuries during that time no i don't think woodley would stand a chance. 5 round domination decision by gsp, or possible submission finish.

the version of gsp before acl injuries, he would be able to defend woodley's td's and take woodely down, by the end of the 3rd woodely would start gassing and his overhand and hooks won't have the power, gsp will see it coming and avoid and jab and keep distance.

an out of prime, slower, less motivated gsp took all johnny hendricks had and still didn't get ko'd or finished.

Woodely on the other hand has just started coming into his prime within the last 3 years....gsp has done and surpassed that time in his life as an mma fighter.

i think if woodely fought the gsp of today it wouldn't solidify if he could beat a prime gsp, i think a prime gsp of 7 years ago would beat woodely pretty convincingly. Woodley is very similar to a kos with good wrestling and a good overhand/hook with power...the game plan would be the same against woodley.

i think todays version of gsp could still beat woodely but probably not as dominant and as long as he didn't get caught or rocked badly. it would probably go down similar to the hendricks fight, unless woodley started gassing bad and gsp kept getting td's in the finishing rounds to secure a decision.

i also think this version of gsp is alot more prone in losing or getting caught, i mean he's not as sharp, explosive, quick reflexes, speed, all that has gone downhill so it would not surprise me if woodley beat todays version of gsp.

if you take a prime woodley which would be him around this time, and you take a prime gsp which would be about 7 years ago and match those two up, i think gsp wins it almost every time.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    90 50 likes this.
  13. sodomanaz

sodomanaz Blue Belt

He's defended it 3 times. Miocic has defended 3 times. Cormier 4 times. Joanna, until she lost her belt defended 5 times. If the start of your rant is bullshit, I'm sure the rest of it is too.

14. Blayt7hh

Blayt7hh Gold Belt

If I remember it right Tyrone gave up 3 rounds and won a 10-8 to cause the draw. It was the right score for the way the system works. At the end of the day though yeah I would agree Woodley looked better

grihenrumet likes this.
  15. VVarhead

VVarhead Bullet Belt

I agree.

Woodley would beat prime GSP.

16. 90 50

90 50 Black Belt

This is all that needs to be said, marquart was a long time training partner of George’s. If you don’t think George would watch the tapes from Rory and marquart tesringhim up and duplicate the game plans you aren’t thinking clearly.

You can’t be the greatest WW ever when someone like marquart lays a beating like that down.

Ghost in the Dark likes this.
  17. PAPERCLIP30

PAPERCLIP30 Red Belt

Nah

18. 90 50

90 50 Black Belt

Over the hill GSP just finished Michael bisping fornthe MW belt, if you think woodley would be any sort of problem you are delusional.

While bisping isn’t the greatest MW ever he is a solid fighter and has I think the most wins in the ufc.

He just koed rocksalt, so we can argue he hits harder than woodley, and Hendricks probublay did too.

Woodleys only advantage would be “power” but George has arguably faced harder hitters and didn’t falter.

Serra hits like a truck, and landed a once in a million lucky shot behind the ear. That fucks up everyone’s equalibrium so doesn’t really count. We saw what happened in the rematch.

19. Gambit MMA

Gambit MMA Black Belt

nope, woodley has losses to shields, rory and marquardt. gsp has him beat in quality and quanity of top opponents. not even close imo.

hes already like 36 and only has 2 title defenses - gsp had like 2 title defenses already in 2009 lol. almost 10 years ago. woodley is way behind

90 50 likes this.
  20. Threetrees

Threetrees Sociopath By Day

didnt read the op