Tyron Woodley is the best WW ever

Hardy only got a title shot because GSP beat everyone else. If Woodley beat every good fighter at WW, you would see a Hardy level fighter getting a title shot.

Looking at the top 10s. I would actually say WW is much WEAKER today then 10 years ago. A LW is ranked #2, freaking Colby Covington is #3, two guys from GSPs time are #4 and #5

1. Georges St. Pierre
2. Jon Fitch
3. Jake Shields
4. Thiago Alves
5. Josh Koscheck
6. B.J. Penn
7. Nick Diaz
7. Carlos Condit
9. Diego Sanchez
10. Paul Daley

VS

Now (with Woodley champ)

1 Stephen Thompson

2 Rafael Dos Anjos

3 Colby Covington

4 Robbie Lawler

5 Demian Maia

6 Jorge Masvidal

7 Darren Till

7 Kamaru Usman

9 Neil Magny

10 Santiago Ponzinibbio

I would take 2010 easy
The thing is WW has now about 40 game fighters on multiple levels, people on streaks slowly working themselves up, the top ten is no indicator as Magny shouldnt be there even though he is solid. In GSP day the WW Roster was smaller and outside of the top 10 it was wasteland also look at the top 5 of yesterday Fitch, Shields, Alves and Koscheck one dimensinal fighters, great fighters but had a strong suit and went far with it, in todays game you have to be atleast solid everywhere.

GSP disagree

35 seconds in this video and again at 2 minutes and 35 seconds

2 minute in this video

You can also hear John Danaher on Joe Rogan podcast saying how GSP got better during his time off, and returned with weapons he didn't had before, like a left hook.

You do realize how irrelevant a fighters personal opinion and his camps opinion of his skill prior to the fight is right??

Is pretty dumb that you actually think that they are giving their honest, *unbias* views.

Woodley is worst than GSP in every single area of mma

Right now, up to the minute, you really can't put him ahead of Gsp just yet.T- wood puts in a few more title defenses then we can talk plus t-wood isn't getting any " softballs" thrown at him.Every fighter he faces is a beasty so that's definitely to his favor.
Stop referencing Rory fight. These fighters (INCLUDING champions) all have losses on their ledger.
Even though Rory just beat Lima, he took a beating and lost a pair to Lawler as the betting favorite so right now if the 2 fought - I'd favor T.Wood slightly over Rory.
Fighters fight other fighters at different times and why people offer up opinion based on these references is beyond me

You do realize how irrelevant a fighters personal opinion and his camps opinion of his skill prior to the fight is right??

Is pretty dumb that you actually think that they are giving their honest, *unbias* views.
They are worth more than your opinion, that's for sure.

Danaher was actually on Rogan's podcast after the fight, not before.

that's because he doesn't need to.
Even though his lack of ground game has led to him taking serious damage and losing fights? Interesting.....

GSP would dominantly UD him, Rory would beat him again, the Robbie Lawler and Carlos Condit of yesteryear would all take him, Condit was winning until the injury iirc. Prime Benson would have been a toss up, and I'll even go as far as to say Nick Diaz would take him in a 5 round fight.

They are worth more than your opinion, that's for sure.

Danaher was actually on Rogan's podcast after the fight, not before.

And was referencing the technique, and not the athletism.

My initial point was in reference to his athletism/explosiveness.

I have no idea why you think an individual's skill regresses the older they get. It doesn't, it's their means of executing that skill that diminishes.

I like Woodley and would favor him in a fight against GSP. I think he'd lose a rematch against Rory.

No doubt in my mind that Woodley can go down as an all-time great, but the most concerning habit he has, for me, is his tendency to put his back to the cage and shell up when taking hits.

And was referencing the technique, and not the athletism.

My initial point was in reference to his athletism/explosiveness.

I have no idea why you think an individual's skill regresses the older they get. It doesn't, it's their means of executing that skill that diminishes.
I have no idea how you made that conclusion since I never said that.

But I agree with what you just said.

Tyrone got bested by a nfl running back in the 50 yard dash and dude even slipped at the start. How can he be the best WW?

GSP wins 9/10 if they fought last week, let alone in GSP's prime. Rewatch the Rory fight to see how TW handles (or rather doesn't handle) Rory's jab. GSP mounts another orbital on his mantle.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Beat RDA, Colby, Usman and Till than maybe he be considered the best.

I don't see how Woodley would be favored over a prime GSP. All GSP would have to do is block/evade around a dozen punches over 2 rounds & Woodley would be gassed by round 3.

Woodley is one of the greatest fighters in the modern era of MMA who has defended the WW belt more regularly than other UFC champs and who speaks against the racism in MMA but of course the majority of the MMA community will be racist towards him via hiding behind the let's spam sarcastic remarks on social media and Youtube videos of everything being racist in order to insult him more.

Some throw in actual racist remarks in there and try to slide it in as part of the sarcasm.

The UFC and dudes are hurt by their great white hopes losing. Hurt by Rashad and Rampage/Chuck, Wonderboy/Woodley twice, Nunes/Shevchenko twice and just recently Cyborg/ Holm.

Shutting down Maia's BJJ ability with supreme TDD just made it even worse.

Clinging onto the only white hope who actually got a UD over Woodley in Rory MacDonald or reaching even further with the roided Nate Marquardt fight earlier in Woodley's career.

This is part of the racism that Woodley is talking about which was confirmed even more so when an MMA podcast lead by former UFC HW Brandon Schuab made a racial twitter post about how the Fox Panel had just black people only.

Justice prevailed though when one of the UFC Fox panellists, legendary MMA veteran Yves Edwards spoke out well against Brandon Schaub and made him apologize for that blatant racist remark on twitter.

Also another example of justice prevailing is when Starbucks got exposed for racial profiling all because 2 African Americans waited for a friend prior to ordering coffee.

Subtle and insidious, holding minorities to different and higher standards just so they can shit on.

Not conforming to racist stereotypes, like the Mandingo fighter or the "thug" or the overthe top arrogant "baller" just to sell fights.

Respect to Woodley for speaking out well against racism in the MMA community and the UFC and for not conform to one of those racial stereotypes and against racial profiling by Starbucks.

Black Lives Matter hijacked a thread about fighting and wrote a mini essay on racism that absolutely no one read.

He is on his way but too early to anoint him as that now.

Back