Tyron Woodley is the best WW ever

I tend to agree, but I hope to see that fight happens.
And both are in their prime or very close to it, so it makes even more sense.

GSP has been out of his prime since his ACL injury. He was no where near as explosive since the tare

Not going to lie. GSP looked old and slow in his last fight.
The Rogan commentary went overboard.

Woodley vs GSP in his prime would've been a good fight though.

He's on a good run, for sure. I'm not sure how to compare his skill to prime GSP, as the opponent's skillsets and abilities have changed a lot.

There's definitely an argument for this. Perhaps (prime enough) GSP will come back down to 170 and settle this for us.

<GinJuice>Tiramisu Khabib is the best WW ever.

Last edited:
Woodley is one of the greatest fighters in the modern era of MMA who has defended the WW belt more regularly than other UFC champs and who speaks against the racism in MMA but of course the majority of the MMA community will be racist towards him via hiding behind the let's spam sarcastic remarks on social media and Youtube videos of everything being racist in order to insult him more.

Some throw in actual racist remarks in there and try to slide it in as part of the sarcasm.

The UFC and dudes are hurt by their great white hopes losing. Hurt by Rashad and Rampage/Chuck, Wonderboy/Woodley twice, Nunes/Shevchenko twice and just recently Cyborg/ Holm.

Shutting down Maia's BJJ ability with supreme TDD just made it even worse.

Clinging onto the only white hope who actually got a UD over Woodley in Rory MacDonald or reaching even further with the roided Nate Marquardt fight earlier in Woodley's career.

This is part of the racism that Woodley is talking about which was confirmed even more so when an MMA podcast lead by former UFC HW Brandon Schuab made a racial twitter post about how the Fox Panel had just black people only.

Justice prevailed though when one of the UFC Fox panellists, legendary MMA veteran Yves Edwards spoke out well against Brandon Schaub and made him apologize for that blatant racist remark on twitter.

Also another example of justice prevailing is when Starbucks got exposed for racial profiling all because 2 African Americans waited for a friend prior to ordering coffee.

Subtle and insidious, holding minorities to different and higher standards just so they can shit on.

Not conforming to racist stereotypes, like the Mandingo fighter or the "thug" or the overthe top arrogant "baller" just to sellfights.

Respect to Woodley for speaking out well against racism in the MMA community and the UFC and for not conform to one of those racial stereotypes and against racial profiling by Starbucks.

Put the drugs down dude..that white hope rhetoric is bullshit. The UFC was dying for Jones to get his shit together. You have MM, Aldo who was dominant for years, Woodly, adesanya who's being hyped to no end, DC, ngannou who was hyped to no end, as well. And this is all within this year.

ESPN has 5 fighters in their top 10 P4P that aren't white, that's literally 50%. People dont dislike Woodley for his color, instead it's for his comments, whining about fights and trying to cherry pick.

Woodbe is the best ever at not defending the belt, I'll agree with that. #1 at going out of his way to duck opponents, and trying to hand pick favorable matchups. He is also in the running for repeatedly playing the race card, poor Woodbe, always the victim. I wonder if it ever occurred to him that people simply don't like him for all of the reasons I mentioned, and race plays no role in that.

My dislike of McG is even more than it is for Woodbe, I wonder what card McG will play to reason that away. Oh that's right, he doesn't, he just accepts that some people dislike him and moves on. He is far more mentally strong, than always the victim Woodbe is.

nkjVUpN.gif

Woodley has a while to go but best WW he has Two tittle defense
's not three the second wb fight was a staring contest but I was as impressed with his td's versus maia but if anything he's as boring as gsp if there's that.

He would beat Hughes in his prime for sure. No one was that good back then. Of course who knows how good Hughes would be if he had been born ten years later and grew up training like modern fighters. Also, I’m not sure Woodley would beat GSP today let alone 8 years ago at his peak

Woodley has a while to go but best WW he has Two tittle defense
's not three the second wb fight was a staring contest but I was as impressed with his td's versus maia but if anything he's as boring as gsp if there's that.
It’s actually the first wonderboy fight that doesn’t count. That one was a draw. Really good fight too

I think GSP is the best of all time at WW. No question.

It’s actually the first wonderboy fight that doesn’t count. That one was a draw. Really good fight too
Hmmm the record says it was a draw but everyone knows twood hurt wb bad then wb recovered did'nt do alot then twood gassed alittle but no way a real draw tyrone won that easily it was a good fight tho

GSP would probably beat Woodley today. Never mind in his prime

SF?
Like almost a decade ago

Remember that time that Silva lost to clearly to Ryo Chonan

Woodley has not fixed the reason why he lost to Rory. He still backs straight up and leans on his back foot when pressured with straight punches and kicks

Terrible argument and logic
To he expected from. Trump supporter
Trump supporter? I live in Europe buddeh

{<doc}

Shit, i'll give you some arguments. Woodley is definitly very good but he has holes in his games. He always puts himself against the cage and he carries too much muscle and if his opponents pushes the pace he won't make it 5 rounds. Prime GSP would beat him in my opinion. Now? Woodley probably beats him.

Discuss

Also there is a difference between greater and better

GSP and even Hughes are greater that Woodley

But Woodley would be a favor over either prime for prime
Twood isnt even done w his career

Back