Tyron Woodley has an interesting take on why the UFC shouldn't strip Conor McGregor of his title

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

"Obviously the entertainment aspect of the sport is very prevalent, you see what McGregor has done not only for MMA but for combat spots in general. Can you strip his belt at this point? I actually say no. Because of what he's done, going out and fighting Floyd Mayweather, no other MMA fighter wouldve gotten him to come out of retirement, the number of times he's fought before, in different divisions, he brings just lot of stake to the sport"

Thoughts?

shit on that. mcgregor is already on another star. strip him life goes on.

Tyrun desperately wants a money fight. Poor guy

i.e. 'Conor generates a lot of interest and money, so we should give him a pass'.

terrible.

Tyron is just trying to dick ride any fighter that makes money and doesn't focus on himself whatsoever.

He makes a point. But it's not a fighter's point, it's a dickhead business operator point.

Basic fairness demands that Conor defend or be stripped. And stripping him of his second belt is long fucking overdue.

Conor is basically just a wanker at this point.

Tyrun desperately wants a money fight. Poor guy
<LikeReally5>

Woodley hoping for a red panty night.

Tyron is just trying to dick ride any fighter that makes money and doesn't focus on himself whatsoever.

....what?

Lmao I'm no Tyron fan but people come up with some weird ass reasons to hate on him

....what?

Lmao I'm no Tyron fan but people come up with some weird ass reasons to hate on him
Usually the title/OP get it started by misstating something Woodley said.

Here the OP was accurate. But they found a way by just making it up anyway, lol.

<DisgustingHHH>

....what?

Obviously you are a first class tool to start with and oblivious to any MMA media.

All Tyron talks about is Conor Mcgregor, GSP or Nate Diaz anyone who he would consider to be a money fight.

At least get with the program.

the problem is mcgregor use this for bitching around and wants to play his own game now by not defending his title by "u need to lobby me to fight me" and so on. this will not have any end with him on the top. at the end, this is not good for the sport.

Obviously you are first class tool to start with and oblivious to any MMA media.

All Tyron talks about is Conor Mcgregor, GSP or Nate Diaz anyone who he would consider to be a money fight.

Or maybe you're too stupid to understand that the only takes the MMA press reports are takes on McGregor, GSP, or other draws because that's how they get views?

Whatever interview this is from, there are probably dozens of other quotes that have no mention of any of those guys.. but that doesn't fit the narrative of talking about whatever draw gets them their clicks so they won't make it a headline.

It's no different than Aldo; press followed him around waiting to ask him stuff about McGregor literal years after their fight.. and when Aldo responds, that's the only headline they produce because OMG YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT ALDO SAYS ABOUT MCGREGOR FIND OUT MORE BY CLICKING HERE

edit:

jesus christ this is a 6 minute long video of a whole bunch of quotes from a whole bunch of different fighters and the headline of it is exactly what I'm talking about.

Hahaha, damn, I like Woodley, but it looks like he's trying to be wrong at every imaginable issue.

Obviously you are first class tool to start with and oblivious to any MMA media.

Said by Woodley here
-Entertainment is important
-Conor has done a lot for MMA and entertainment
-Fighting Floyd means something
-Fighting in multiple divisions should count for something
-So don't strip Conor

Not said by Woodley here:
-I want to fight Conor
-I want a payday fight

Let's be honest, this is also a business. More PPVs means more money for the owners. I hate the fact that he does not defend the belt, but is a necessary evil.
I'm pretty sure the UFC makes more money if Conor fights once per year than the sum of the other champions twice per year.

fuck this shit about entertainment, for focusing on that aspect look what has become of the UFC: title shots just for drawing casuals while giving a shit about the sport aspect. how are we change the just bleed-let-me-bang-bro mentality most people know about mma while letting a jabroni like McG run the show like WWE. Woodley said that because he knows that's the route so he can have his red panty night while being relevant.

Strip McG of the title and let woodley fight Whittaker if he wants a money fight.

if anything belt only thing holding the ufc to conor.

Those points are irrelevant. Conor fighting in different divisions and different sports should excuse him being stripped of his title about as much as the colour of his socks.

No can defend = no title

Back