Tyron came out of 10 rounds against Wonderboy unscathed, but GSP is gonna "jab fest" him?

Naw fam...Woodley as champ as been given amazing game plans in which he is able to exert little energy and yet still shut down the primary offense of his opponent.

It is not pretty by any means, but it is effective as hell.

It´s all about "that jab" for you GSP's fan, isn´t it? Funny as fuck. It´s all about that "jab fest".
"Yeah man, Hendricks beat the fuck out of GSP because he stifled his hab. It´s all that jab"

Look man, I´ll try to make it as simple as possible for you, but please stay with me:

Hendricks strategy was simple: Stuff takedowns, be aggressive and lots of uppercuts. GSP didn´t lose because he couldn´t not stablish the jab, BS. He lost because he couldn´t take Johny down, and when he did he couldn´t control him there, and Johny was more aggressive and had way more power in his hands. Here, I´ll show you what actually happened.

2.gif

Now where are your gifs of "GSP couldn´t stablish the jab?" You can´t show it, you know why? Because you´re delusional.
But I´ll show you, here look, GSP's weapons are working fine at some point. That jab and straight right to the chin, but no pressure, no power behind his punches. Look, beautiful takedowns, but zero top control. GSP's weapon were working just fine, but Johny was able to take anything GSP dished out without any problems.
tumblr_mweqcz57mN1qaa8d1o1_250.gif
SIDZZ9W.gif

Here again, land flush on Johny's chin but zero power in his punches.
5FdL9pb.gif

<seedat>

Good grief.

This isn't controversial. Obviously Hendricks was, and Woodley is, a great wrestler. But Hendricks almost won that fight because he shut down GSP's jab for most of the fight. That doesn't mean it never landed. GSP was used to controlling entire matches based on his jab, but he couldn't against Hendricks because Hendrick's southpaw stance, active handfighting and excellent wrestling made him a nightmare matchup for a GSP whose entire striking game was based on keeping opponents on the end of his jab until he could land a takedown.

Look, I'm not going to reinvent the wheel here. Jack Slack did an entire breakdown on this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1853883-ufc-167-how-johny-hendricks-killed-the-king

You still haven't addressed the point that Woodley and Hendricks fight nothing alike.

Good grief.

This isn't controversial. Obviously Hendricks was, and Woodley is, a great wrestler. But Hendricks almost won that fight because he shut down GSP's jab for most of the fight. That doesn't mean it never landed. GSP was used to controlling entire matches based on his jab, but he couldn't against Hendricks because Hendrick's southpaw stance, active handfighting and excellent wrestling made him a nightmare matchup for a GSP whose entire striking game was based on keeping opponents on the end of his jab until he could land a takedown.

Look, I'm not going to reinvent the wheel here. Jack Slack did an entire breakdown on this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1853883-ufc-167-how-johny-hendricks-killed-the-king

You still haven't addressed the point that Woodley and Hendricks fight nothing alike.
If we start breaking down to the smallest possible details of their skill set, every fighter is different from the other, I already said this multilpe times during this thread, go ahead and check it if you want.

Woodley and Hendricks are similar fighters in the way they´re very strong wrestlers who can stop GSP takedowns and both have powerful hands to hurt him as soon as he misses those takedowns. But obviously the more you break their skills down, the bigger the differences start to become, such as orthodox and southpaw, more or less agressive, types of wrestling approach, footwork, striking combos and so on. The same way Rory and GSP are not the same fighter and people just keep saying that GSP will implement Rory´s gameplan, as if he had the exact same skillset as Rory, which obviously he doesn´t.

I don't think current GSP could keep up with the physicality of Woodley but his IQ is undoubtedly much higher.

Lawler looked so scared. LOL

What is funny is that the UFC was promoting him as the "boogieman" with that creepy music and him saying he would have killed McGregor, if McGregor had given up his back.

Then the fight happens, and he looked TERRIFIED of that T-Wood Bomb. LOL

I love it when a hype train gets stopped right in its track.

Hype train? He was 15 years into his career and the defending champ with 2 successful defenses under his belt.

He won and defended the title AFTER he had been relegated to "also ran" status after his first ufc stint. He is the polar opposite of "hype train."

I've learned that the second you put Kung Fu bb in his place with facts, he either flat out doesn't reply or completely ignores said factual points in the post when he replies. So cute. So predictable.

I've learned that the second you put Kung Fu bb in his place with facts, he either flat out doesn't reply or completely ignores said factual points in the post when he replies. So cute. So predictable.

You low foreheads can @Kung Fu bb when GSP folds to Woodley's millionth callout and signs on the dotted motherfuckin line.

But it's probably best we don't hold our breath waiting, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
Lawler looked so scared. LOL

What is funny is that the UFC was promoting him as the "boogieman" with that creepy music and him saying he would have killed McGregor, if McGregor had given up his back.

Then the fight happens, and he looked TERRIFIED of that T-Wood Bomb. LOL

I love it when a hype train gets stopped right in its track.

Lawler wasn't a hype train he was an unlikely champion and an underdog story.

Also, if you think Lawler is afraid of another human being you are crazy.

CalmEnergeticBee-size_restricted.gif

Lawler wasn't a hype train he was an unlikely champion and an underdog story.

Also, if you think Lawler is afraid of another human being you are crazy.

CalmEnergeticBee-size_restricted.gif
I don't think. I saw him cower versus Tyron Woodley. Compare the gif you posted versus the one him just before Woodley puts him out. Very different.

I don't think. I saw him cower versus Tyron Woodley. Compare the gif you posted versus the one him just before Woodley puts him out. Very different.

Nah he doesn't cower trust me lol

UFC_205_Free_Fight_Tyron_Woodley_vs_Robbie_Lawler.gif

he falls for the jab feint and then Woodley covers the distance extremely fast and connects with the right.

Robbie miscalculates how fast Tyron can cover that distance and boom.

Robbie didn't even have time to "cower" lol

The dude that got stockton slapped by Shields is gonna murder Woodley on the feet? Sure.
giphy.gif
Shield's was a much greater threat on the ground than woodley, which gave him some legs to stand on in the striking dept. GSP had to more careful if the TD. Woodley is no BJJ wizard. You ever try thinking about this stuff? You might realize what you're about to say is dumb.

N
No you didn't you just have retard eyes. Watch it a few more times.

Nah he doesn't cower trust me lol

UFC_205_Free_Fight_Tyron_Woodley_vs_Robbie_Lawler.gif

he falls for the jab feint and then Woodley covers the distance extremely fast and connects with the right.

Robbie miscalculates how fast Tyron can cover that distance and boom.

Robbie didn't even have time to "cower" lol
Funny in hindsight that Woodley was the betting underdog there. He didn't even give Lawler time to warm up into zombie/beast mode.

Wonderboy has NO hands. Those karate punches do nothing but tickle. Look at Rory mcdonald box tyrone up. Thats how its done.
Look at Wonderboy completely and absolutely dominate Rory for 5 rounds with "those karate punches that do nothing but tickle".

how'd that ngannou/reem fight work out for you?

i remember you saying reem would embarrass ngannou in like every thread.
And are you gonna pretend you never picked a fight wrong? No problem, so you are the man, yeah, congrats!!

But yes, since you brought that up, sure, me and maybe 40% or 50% of sherdog picked Reem too because of his skill set. After all, you know he has more weapons and he is more experienced. Just like GSP and Woodley, right? And the guy with less weapons but more power, speed and strength won that fight by 1st round KO.

Back