Tyron came out of 10 rounds against Wonderboy unscathed, but GSP is gonna "jab fest" him? | Page 14

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Kung Fu bb, Dec 6, 2017.

1. 20falarVerdades Brown Belt

20falarVerdades
    GSP can beat Woodley but it is a dangerous fight. GSP fans are outright delusional, some were saying in another thread that he would "easily" outwrestle and beat Romero lol. Dude is scared for his life of the MW division

Kung Fu bb likes this.
  2. Quebec Nick Green Belt

Quebec Nick
    Can we stop talking about 185, it's pretty obvious that GSP is done with that nonsense

He had a top of the line welcome back party, now he can go back to his business at being the WW champ.

Any top guy his dangerous, Wonderboy his a counterstriker with no wrestling, it won't be the same fight.

Sure GSP can get KO'ed by Woodley's overhand, but he can also put him in a corner for 5 rounds or finish him.

GSP took Hendricks shots, he's not that easy to KO stiff. It's an intriguing fight and I really hope it's the next fight for GSP.

barados and Sarge3000 like this.
  3. 90 50 Yellow Card

90 50
    I don’t think I’ll agree with that. Wonderboy uses his striking more in a sense that it’s really all he’s got.

Now George started out as a striker, and a damn good one. He used to throw all kinds of strikes before learning to really wrestle and before roach convinced him all he really needed to do was jab when they are tryin to take you down and take down when they try to strike.

Sad really, george has thrown all kinds of shit. Used to throw spinning shit all the time.

Axe kicks all kinds of kicks.

Rogan has a hard on for wonderboys tkd style side kick and everyone thinks he’s this striking machine.

Now in a AKA rules kickboxing match I’d give wb a better striking number,but we was talking mma and George has adapted his striking for mma better, he just decided not to use it.

He put on a straining clinic against herion, and Hughes two.

4. 90 50 Yellow Card

90 50
    He’s so scar d he got up off the couch and beat the current champ, who ko’ed rocksalt.

No he’s not scared.

And people thinkjng he’s scared of Tyron Hahahaha

5. Sarge3000 Yellow Belt

Sarge3000
    GSP via experience.

90 50 likes this.
  6. Myrddin Wild Lets enjoy our time together!

Myrddin Wild
    GSP & Wonderboy's game is a lot different. GSP brings a legit threat of takedown... & so feints, & even mock shots can get GSP inside to land things that Wonderboy cannot do with his striking only approach.

aerius likes this.
  7. Sarge3000 Yellow Belt

Sarge3000
    Do you really believe this irrational nonsense?

8. KantoTerror Silver Belt

KantoTerror
    Woodley knew Wonderboy will stay outside all day ... while GSP will keep him confused....
    [​IMG]

9. MuayThai101 Blue Belt

MuayThai101
    Wonderboy has NO hands. Those karate punches do nothing but tickle. Look at Rory mcdonald box tyrone up. Thats how its done.

DRMZ likes this.
  10. IamStryker Red Belt

IamStryker
    Not sure what you are talking about. GSP not defending the title is confirmed. If he is going to pick and choose fights like this then I would expect him to want to fight Conor. But he might fight Woodley.

Kung Fu bb likes this.
  11. xDogá Blue Belt

xDogá
    <DisgustingHHH>

Kung Fu bb likes this.
  12. SKITZADACTYL Silver Belt

SKITZADACTYL
    how'd that ngannou/reem fight work out for you?

i remember you saying reem would embarrass ngannou in like every thread.

13. Pseudo Sane Brown Belt

Pseudo Sane
    As I said before, if you don't understand how, as a southpaw with an active lead hand, Hendricks was able to stifle GSP's jab, you don't even have the most basic idea about what makes him a very different fight than Woodley for GSP.

Woodley is an orthodox counter striker with a big right hand. He bears no resemblance at all to Hendricks on the feet. GSP is absolutely capable of implementing Rory's strategy of feints and potshots from distance, rolling behind his shoulder when a big right comes, and hitting a takedown if Woodley overcommits on a counter.

Against Hendricks, GSP could not establish the jab because the weapon against a southpaw is the right straight, and GSP's has never been very good.

This is, incidentally, one of the reasons that Woodley matched up so well against Lawler.

Again, if you can't understand this distinction, you should not be posting on this topic.

Gregoire1, Perrichet and SuperNerd like this.
  14. countswagula Gold Belt

countswagula
    Shields did beat Woodley, you know. Should've probably been a draw, but still.

Anyway, my money would still be on Tyron

15. giusti825 ßanned

giusti825
    GSP is going to wrestlefuck Woodley.

GSP is extremely strong for WW.

16. IngaVovchanchyn Steel Belt

IngaVovchanchyn
    Wait, you're calling Robbie Lawler a hype train? Are you aware that he was the champ when Woodley beat him? That he had defended his title twice? It's such a stupid thing to say that I'm willing to believe you mistyped something here. Are you going to call Woodley a hype train as well when he eventually loses?

Kung Fu bb likes this.
  17. Kersleg White Belt

Kersleg
    opinion, doesn't actually mean anything but well done anyway lol
    Nice opinion might be true! I wouldn't just write off GSP's chances against Woodley tho

Kung Fu bb likes this.
  18. Perrichet Tinpot Belt

Perrichet
    I’ll be surprised if @Kung Fu bb actually replies back to this

19. Kung Fu bb Black Belt

Kung Fu bb
    It´s all about "that jab" for you GSP's fan, isn´t it? Funny as fuck. It´s all about that "jab fest".
    "Yeah man, Hendricks beat the fuck out of GSP because he stifled his hab. It´s all that jab"

Look man, I´ll try to make it as simple as possible for you, but please stay with me:

Hendricks strategy was simple: Stuff takedowns, be aggressive and lots of uppercuts. GSP didn´t lose because he couldn´t stablish the jab, BS. He lost because he couldn´t take Johny down, and when he did he couldn´t control him there, and Johny was more aggressive and had way more power in his hands. Here, I´ll show you what actually happened.

[​IMG]

Now where are your gifs of "GSP couldn´t stablish the jab?" You can´t show it, you know why? Because you´re delusional.
    But I´ll show you, here look, GSP's weapons are working fine at some point. That jab and straight right to the chin, but no pressure, no power behind his punches. Look, beautiful takedowns, but zero top control. GSP's weapon were working just fine, but Johny was able to take anything GSP dished out without any problems.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here again, land flush on Johny's chin but zero power in his punches.
    [​IMG]

<seedat>

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 11:08 AM
  20. SuperNerd Season Mode.

SuperNerd
    <{Heymansnicker}>

Perrichet likes this.