Tyron came out of 10 rounds against Wonderboy unscathed, but GSP is gonna "jab fest" him?

GSP can beat Woodley but it is a dangerous fight. GSP fans are outright delusional, some were saying in another thread that he would "easily" outwrestle and beat Romero lol. Dude is scared for his life of the MW division

GSP can beat Woodley but it is a dangerous fight. GSP fans are outright delusional, some were saying in another thread that he would "easily" outwrestle and beat Romero lol. Dude is scared for his life of the MW division

Can we stop talking about 185, it's pretty obvious that GSP is done with that nonsense

He had a top of the line welcome back party, now he can go back to his business at being the WW champ.

Any top guy his dangerous, Wonderboy his a counterstriker with no wrestling, it won't be the same fight.

Sure GSP can get KO'ed by Woodley's overhand, but he can also put him in a corner for 5 rounds or finish him.

GSP took Hendricks shots, he's not that easy to KO stiff. It's an intriguing fight and I really hope it's the next fight for GSP.

Neither can you haha. I'll say it again. Wonderboy has better striking everywhere.

I don’t think I’ll agree with that. Wonderboy uses his striking more in a sense that it’s really all he’s got.

Now George started out as a striker, and a damn good one. He used to throw all kinds of strikes before learning to really wrestle and before roach convinced him all he really needed to do was jab when they are tryin to take you down and take down when they try to strike.

Sad really, george has thrown all kinds of shit. Used to throw spinning shit all the time.

Axe kicks all kinds of kicks.

Rogan has a hard on for wonderboys tkd style side kick and everyone thinks he’s this striking machine.

Now in a AKA rules kickboxing match I’d give wb a better striking number,but we was talking mma and George has adapted his striking for mma better, he just decided not to use it.

He put on a straining clinic against herion, and Hughes two.

He’s so scar d he got up off the couch and beat the current champ, who ko’ed rocksalt.

No he’s not scared.

And people thinkjng he’s scared of Tyron Hahahaha

GSP & Wonderboy's game is a lot different. GSP brings a legit threat of takedown... & so feints, & even mock shots can get GSP inside to land things that Wonderboy cannot do with his striking only approach.

GSP won't even defend the title he just got so I am highly skeptical that he would ever fight Woodley. He just wants the easiest paydays so this entire topic is most likely irrelevant.

Do you really believe this irrational nonsense?

Woodley knew Wonderboy will stay outside all day ... while GSP will keep him confused....
nkjVUpN.gif

Wonderboy has NO hands. Those karate punches do nothing but tickle. Look at Rory mcdonald box tyrone up. Thats how its done.

Do you really believe this irrational nonsense?

Not sure what you are talking about. GSP not defending the title is confirmed. If he is going to pick and choose fights like this then I would expect him to want to fight Conor. But he might fight Woodley.

Did watch the build up and promotion before that fight?
In his second run with the UFC, Robbie Lawler has fought 11 times, and he only has 4 finishes. That isn't even 50% finishing rate, and yet the UFC promoted as this scary boogeyman before the Tyron Woodley fight.

That is hype. When the image doesn't match the record, it is called hype.
<DisgustingHHH>

how'd that ngannou/reem fight work out for you?

i remember you saying reem would embarrass ngannou in like every thread.

No man, you guys are nitpicking. For example when we say Hendricks and Woodley have a similar style to beat GSP, because they´re strong wrestlers with huge 1 punch ko power, you guys want to compare their fighting styles in small details. Well, if you do that to all fighters, then NOBODY has a similar fighting style, so using examples of Rory or Nate to say he´d beat Tyron, doesn´t work because they´re different fighters, right? And if you say GSP is a better verison of Rory, I´ll say Woodley is a better version of Hendricks, who put an ass whooping on prime GSP.

As I said before, if you don't understand how, as a southpaw with an active lead hand, Hendricks was able to stifle GSP's jab, you don't even have the most basic idea about what makes him a very different fight than Woodley for GSP.

Woodley is an orthodox counter striker with a big right hand. He bears no resemblance at all to Hendricks on the feet. GSP is absolutely capable of implementing Rory's strategy of feints and potshots from distance, rolling behind his shoulder when a big right comes, and hitting a takedown if Woodley overcommits on a counter.

Against Hendricks, GSP could not establish the jab because the weapon against a southpaw is the right straight, and GSP's has never been very good.

This is, incidentally, one of the reasons that Woodley matched up so well against Lawler.

Again, if you can't understand this distinction, you should not be posting on this topic.

The dude that got stockton slapped by Shields is gonna murder Woodley on the feet? Sure.
giphy.gif
Shields did beat Woodley, you know. Should've probably been a draw, but still.

Anyway, my money would still be on Tyron

GSP is going to wrestlefuck Woodley.

GSP is extremely strong for WW.

Lawler looked so scared. LOL

What is funny is that the UFC was promoting him as the "boogieman" with that creepy music and him saying he would have killed McGregor, if McGregor had given up his back.

Then the fight happens, and he looked TERRIFIED of that T-Wood Bomb. LOL

I love it when a hype train gets stopped right in its track.

Wait, you're calling Robbie Lawler a hype train? Are you aware that he was the champ when Woodley beat him? That he had defended his title twice? It's such a stupid thing to say that I'm willing to believe you mistyped something here. Are you going to call Woodley a hype train as well when he eventually loses?

No, GSP is not gonna jab fest Woodley if that fight ever happens. And please don´t compare Woodley to Koscheck, that´s embarrassing.

First of all, there´s not gonna be any "threat of the takedown" for Woodley, forget about that. That´s his department. He was hesitant against Wonderboy because the guy is an absolute expert on the feet. But Woodley is the wrestling expert here against GSP, he won´t be afraid of any takedowns, he´s not afraid of anybody taking him down (except Maia, a bjj wizard). So NO, Woodley is not gonna get taken down, Tyron´s too strong and his wrestling is too good for out of prime post retirement GSP.

Secondly, forget about GSP being the aggressor on the feet and putting pressure on Woodley, he would get countered right away. Everybody landed punches on GSP throughout his career, even JAKE SHIELDS, and believe me, Tyron would land hard, and once GSP feels that right hand, he´s gonna be hesitant as fuck. Just look at what happened to a striking expert like Wonderboy, he didn´t land shit for 10 rounds, and as soon as he opened up a little more to attack Tyron, he almost got knocked the fuck out and finished in both fights.
tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo4_500.gif

If it ever happens, I got Tyron by brutal 1st round KO.
KmiLato.gif
opinion, doesn't actually mean anything but well done anyway lol
No, GSP is not gonna jab fest Woodley if that fight ever happens. And please don´t compare Woodley to Koscheck, that´s embarrassing.

First of all, there´s not gonna be any "threat of the takedown" for Woodley, forget about that. That´s his department. He was hesitant against Wonderboy because the guy is an absolute expert on the feet. But Woodley is the wrestling expert here against GSP, he won´t be afraid of any takedowns, he´s not afraid of anybody taking him down (except Maia, a bjj wizard). So NO, Woodley is not gonna get taken down, Tyron´s too strong and his wrestling is too good for out of prime post retirement GSP.

Secondly, forget about GSP being the aggressor on the feet and putting pressure on Woodley, he would get countered right away. Everybody landed punches on GSP throughout his career, even JAKE SHIELDS, and believe me, Tyron would land hard, and once GSP feels that right hand, he´s gonna be hesitant as fuck. Just look at what happened to a striking expert like Wonderboy, he didn´t land shit for 10 rounds, and as soon as he opened up a little more to attack Tyron, he almost got knocked the fuck out and finished in both fights.
tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo4_500.gif

If it ever happens, I got Tyron by brutal 1st round KO.
KmiLato.gif
Nice opinion might be true! I wouldn't just write off GSP's chances against Woodley tho

As I said before, if you don't understand how, as a southpaw with an active lead hand, Hendricks was able to stifle GSP's jab, you don't even have the most basic idea about what makes him a very different fight than Woodley for GSP.

Woodley is an orthodox counter striker with a big right hand. He bears no resemblance at all to Hendricks on the feet. GSP is absolutely capable of implementing Rory's strategy of feints and potshots from distance, rolling behind his shoulder when a big right comes, and hitting a takedown if Woodley overcommits on a counter.

Against Hendricks, GSP could not establish the jab because the weapon against a southpaw is the right straight, and GSP's has never been very good.

This is, incidentally, one of the reasons that Woodley matched up so well against Lawler.

Again, if you can't understand this distinction, you should not be posting on this topic.

I’ll be surprised if @Kung Fu bb actually replies back to this

It´s all about "that jab" for you GSP's fan, isn´t it? Funny as fuck. It´s all about that "jab fest".
"Yeah man, Hendricks beat the fuck out of GSP because he stifled his hab. It´s all that jab"

Look man, I´ll try to make it as simple as possible for you, but please stay with me:

Hendricks strategy was simple: Stuff takedowns, be aggressive and lots of uppercuts. GSP didn´t lose because he couldn´t stablish the jab, BS. He lost because he couldn´t take Johny down, and when he did he couldn´t control him there, and Johny was more aggressive and had way more power in his hands. Here, I´ll show you what actually happened.

2.gif

Now where are your gifs of "GSP couldn´t stablish the jab?" You can´t show it, you know why? Because you´re delusional.
But I´ll show you, here look, GSP's weapons are working fine at some point. That jab and straight right to the chin, but no pressure, no power behind his punches. Look, beautiful takedowns, but zero top control. GSP's weapon were working just fine, but Johny was able to take anything GSP dished out without any problems.
tumblr_mweqcz57mN1qaa8d1o1_250.gif
SIDZZ9W.gif

Here again, land flush on Johny's chin but zero power in his punches.
5FdL9pb.gif

<seedat>

Last edited:
Back