**typical boxing**

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
Put on an interesting main event and offer the fans little for a supporting undercard.

August 10, 2017
Mayweather-McGregor undercard announced

Two world championship fights are part of the Mayweather vs. McGregor PPV undercard on Saturday, Aug. 26 from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and presented by Mayweather Promotions. In the co-featured bout, undefeated rising star Gervonta “Tank” Davis will make the second defense of his IBF Junior Lightweight World Championship against undefeated challenger Francisco Fonseca as the 22-year-old looks to continue his reign as the youngest current champion from the U.S. WBA Light Heavyweight Titlist Nathan Cleverly will defend his title against former 168-pound world champion Badou Jack “The Ripper”, who is stepping up in weight and into this world title tilt. The pay-per-view telecast will open with undefeated rising cruiserweight contender Andrew “The Beast” Tabiti taking on two-time world champion Steve “U.S.S.” Cunningham in a 10-round bout for the USBA cruiserweight title.

Aren't those guys signed to Mayweather promotions?

It's to get his stable of fighters some airtime.

That's not a bad undercard. It would be nice if there was a true co-headliner type of fight, like throwing Spence vs Thurman on the undercard to have a truly competitive championship match. But I've seen worse undercards.

The only typical thing about this is that it is someone yet again unnecessarily complaining on a forum about the depth of a boxing card. Mayweather Promotions is obviously pushing Gervonta Davis and I think there are some other interesting fights on the card as well.

Interesting main event.

Interesting the same way Saddam Hussein's hanging was interesting. Just as competitive, too.

Interesting main event.

Interesting the same way Saddam Hussein's hanging was interesting. Just as competitive, too.

I think Hussein's weight might have had a better chance against that rope.

I think Hussein's weight might have had a better chance against that rope.

It was pretty controversial iirc. Most people saw it for the rope but Saddam did loosen the knot which is something we hadn't seen before. But personally I thought that was a case of the rope being judged too critically for its reigning success.

It was pretty controversial iirc. Most people saw it for the rope but Saddam did loosen the knot which is something we hadn't seen before. But personally I thought that was a case of the rope being judged too critically for its reigning success.

I still think it's ridiculous that some people think the rope has any chance against a prime guillotine.

I still think it's ridiculous that some people think the rope has any chance against a prime guillotine.

Tbf rope looked invincible after that post World War 2 run. We never did get the mega fights with gun and axe though. At this point who knows. They're all pretty past their prime. Sarin wrecks all of them imo.

Tbf rope looked invincible after that post World War 2 run. We never did get the mega fights with gun and axe though. At this point who knows. They're all pretty past their prime. Sarin wrecks all of them imo.

All of these things only look good because this era is much easier. Throw them in the era of the pointy stick and they'd get destroyed.

Interesting main event.

He played the rope a dope thinking he was Ali, backfired hard on him.

All of these things only look good because this era is much easier. Throw them in the era of the pointy stick and they'd get destroyed.

Too much nostalgia about sticks and stones, in my opinion.

Too much nostalgia about sticks and stones, in my opinion.

It's all that cave-wall-drawing bias. If we got those bouts in full hd peoples perception would be different.

He played the rope a dope thinking he was Ali, backfired hard on him.

Letting the rope get ahead always a risky strategy. But I could see a case for it getting over confident and making a mistake.

Letting the rope get ahead always a risky strategy. But I could see a case for it getting over confident and making a mistake.

Yeah we've seen so many times where the rope has the win in the bag but gets over confident, by the end they're only hanging on by a thread.

But when the rope is on it's game, The Noose Is Loose!

Mayweather only promotes the black guys on his team

*wow I'm so surprised*

The only typical thing about this is that it is someone yet again unnecessarily complaining on a forum about the depth of a boxing card. Mayweather Promotions is obviously pushing Gervonta Davis and I think there are some other interesting fights on the card as well.

"Interesting fights"? This is a huge and expensive PPV event with just an ESPN undercard.

I think it's a fairly good undercard tbh. Not sure what the complaining is about. What did you expect?

I think it's a fairly good undercard tbh. Not sure what the complaining is about. What did you expect?

I think he wanted Ali-Frazier 4 but unfortunately neither were readily available.

Did I go too far with that one?

Back