TWood thinks he’s playing the game well

Lol who the hell cares what some broke ass fans think?
Fans liking you does not automatically translate to big paydays
What ARE guaranteed paydays are CHAMPIONSHIP fights.

MMA has the most garbage fans.
Tyron isn't wrong. You guys prefer these guys to put their health on the line and fight for peanuts so that they can look like "badasses", instead of getting the best deal that they can.
If the UFC looked out for fighters better then Tyron wouldn't have to look out for himself so much
Last time I checked sports was an entertainment industry.

You're telling me that we're wrong to want entertaining performers when we pay for entertainment?

Eff Oh.

I'm just glad he is playing something other than race card

Ahhhhh, I'm so happy to see so many people hating on Woodley. I was criticizing him hard back in October/November, and people kept arguing with me that "he fought 4 times in 13 months". While this is technically true, he also had a 2 year layoff before that 4 fight streak. It's not as hard for fighters to stay active following a long layoff.

I'm 100% sure that Tyron had a lot of bills to pay after that 2 year layoff, which likely factored into his activity during that time. After the 2nd Wonderboy fight he probably had a little more financial freedom, and now he's set to go a year without fighting, possibly more.

He didn’t take 2 years off, Woodley spent them complaining and whining for a TS.

He didn’t take 2 years off, Woodley spent them complaining and whining for a TS.

I just meant layoff in the general term of inactivity. But yes, after his loss to Rory and split-decision win against Kelvin, he whined until he got a totally undeserved title shot. I'm just sad that Robbie choked and didn't take Woodley seriously.

Him tweeting that RDA is fighting Colby for nothing and fighters “getting played” is the completely wrong attitude. Fans like fighters who fight, not wait out for the best matchup and most money while making crap excuses.

RDA's only fighting Colby because Woodley's ducking the whole fucking division.

Tyron can go eat a dick.

Got the joint most defences of any champ on the roster except DJ, all against number one contenders and you guys still shit on him?

Tyron is a true champ and people don't like him because he speaks his mind rather than promotional bullshit.

Same people that hate on Tyron hate on McGregor for not defending and talking a ton of shit; essentially not acting like Tyron. Y'all are a funny bunch.

woodley will be the champ until he fights and loses, then he will be irrelevant, i doubt he will get good fights ever again after that - he wont 'deserve' a rematch or another title shot for a while

He's doing fine.

Got you triggered and talking.

Sherboys hate Woodley all day erry day. They can't stop won't stop being triggered. Sad.

But he can't sell PPV's he's hated in the worst way

Got the joint most defences of any champ on the roster except DJ, all against number one contenders and you guys still shit on him?

Tyron is a true champ and people don't like him because he speaks his mind rather than promotional bullshit.

Same people that hate on Tyron hate on McGregor for not defending and talking a ton of shit; essentially not acting like Tyron. Y'all are a funny bunch.

So, we're not allowed to criticize someone who's acting like an assclown?

Lol who the hell cares what some broke ass fans think?
What ARE guaranteed paydays are CHAMPIONSHIP fights.

MMA has the most garbage fans.
Tyron isn't wrong. You guys prefer these guys to put their health on the line and fight for peanuts so that they can look like "badasses", instead of getting the best deal that they can.
If the UFC looked out for fighters better then Tyron wouldn't have to look out for himself so much
Can't an argument be made though when you're in Woodley's situation getting fans on your side means people will shell out for tickets and PPVs and thus your value goes up which means you can get paid more.

Woodley is stuck in that spot where he acts like a heel but doesn't WANT to be a heel to steal concepts from pro wrestling. You look at boxing... Mayweather knows where he is. He KNOWS he's the bad guy and knows the amount of guys that buy tickets and PPVs to watch him because they like him... an equal amount of people buy just to hope to see him lose.

He has two choices... either try and get the fans on his side so people shell out cash in a time when people don't have a ton of spare money cause they like you... or be a hardass heel and hope people start turning out to watch you lose.

EDIT:
Right now he's kinda stuck at "X-Pac heat" where people just kinda... don't care.

EDIT 2:
To take from other sports like NHL. Marchand of the Bruins is fucking hated by EVERYONE that isn't a Bruins fan and even some Bruins fans don't like the guy. He knows this and he plays it up and is that chirpy instigator constantly.

Avery, Ott, and Thornton (the older one that was a Bruin for awhile) all fall into that roll too.

Avery would dive, Ott would boop people on the head with his stick and shit and act like he didn't do anything, and Thornton would swear at opposing players then go "you grow a pair? I'll let you pick which hand I beat the fuck out of you with".

Woodley does things that annoys fans but then acts shocked people don't like him.

not every fighter has the energy or personality to be a self-promoter.

woodly is an attention whore. why else would you have a "show" on TMZ. he wants to be a celebrity.

most men don't want to be celebrities. they want to provide for their families and raise their kids.
I disagree with the last part

Most people have a shit life and are dyin for attention, they would sell their family to be famous

That's not true. If more people actually wanted to watch him then the PPV's he is on would have increased sales which would not only increase his own PPV points, but would give him better leverage during contract negotiations for an increased guaranteed show money and win-bonus.

The perfect example is the scrapping of his fight vs GSP. He lost that chance when he fought to tentatively against Maia. The crowd were booing him for the third consecutive time for being boring, and he lost out on what could've been the biggest payday of his career. Not only the payday for the fight, but think of the fame that would come with a win over GSP, leading to yet more money...

So to say fans liking you doesn't lead to big paydays is totally false.

So, we're not allowed to criticize someone who's acting like an assclown?
You can criticise whoever you want, sir. I think Tyron gets a hard time considering he's been the most active champ aside from Stipe. I like that he doesn't just say what the audience wants to hear, and it looks as though he trains hard as hell. As a fan, that's all I'm really looking for.

if he ducks the winner of rda vs colby again then I bet the UFC will make the winner of the interim fight for the vacant title.

That's not true. If more people actually wanted to watch him then the PPV's he is on would have increased sales which would not only increase his own PPV points, but would give him better leverage during contract negotiations for an increased guaranteed show money and win-bonus.

The perfect example is the scrapping of his fight vs GSP. He lost that chance when he fought to tentatively against Maia. The crowd were booing him for the third consecutive time for being boring, and he lost out on what could've been the biggest payday of his career. Not only the payday for the fight, but think of the fame that would come with a win over GSP, leading to yet more money...

So to say fans liking you doesn't lead to big paydays is totally false.
Keyword that you omitted from my post was "doesn't automatically translate to big paydays "

There are plenty of fan favorite guys that fight their asses off and AREN'T making the big bucks. So, my point was that fans simply liking you doesn't mean you will get paid. Dana and fans will say good words about you, but that doesn't equal pay.

I don't disagree that Tyron is partially to blame for his own situation. You can't call out for money fights when you have a performance like he did against Maia.
But it's not all on Tyron. People always diss the guy like what he is saying is 100% crazy talk.
The UFC didn't promote his fight against Robbie , did a shit job of promoting him in the WB fights, Dana--president of the company has publicly shat on him multiple occasions, and people are surprised that Tyron is looking out for Tyron?
I'm not saying Tyron is faultless, but he hasn't been "bitching " for no reason.

You can criticise whoever you want, sir. I think Tyron gets a hard time considering he's been the most active champ aside from Stipe. I like that he doesn't just say what the audience wants to hear, and it looks as though he trains hard as hell. As a fan, that's all I'm really looking for.

Tyron didn't get criticized for fighting 3 times in a year though.

He gets criticized for his "poor-me" racebaiting and incessant whining, his boring as fuck fighting style, and most recently, his attempts at trying to get a fight with a journeyman LW.

Its also a lie. He was stalling the RDA fight, and as soon as it was rendered moot, he chirps.

T-wood got a lot going against him with his fighting style... & then to add to this him stalling for a particular opponent doesn't look good to us right now. however in a decade or 2 most people will look back at those W's & will be hypnotised by the amount of them that have the belt next to them & they will be talking about how he's GOAT & everything else. They probably haven't even seen a single fight of his but will argue about him non-the-less.

I don't like it... but i can't really say that it isn't effective. he's also getting paid a lot in the meantime so there's that too. Maybe his time is limited & so he just wants to cash out & be done with it? I dunno.

Back