Two hour marathon miss (but damn close)

Those guys are amazing. Run like a freaking gazelle for 2 hrs.

For perspective he ran 26 consecutive miles @ roughly 04:35 a mile. Very few people on the planet can do that for a single mile.

That's crazy. Wow.

Anyone who can run a marathon deserves props. These guys deserve a fucking statue. I can't imagine how fucking terrible it must be to keep a 4:35 minute pace for that long. Takes a lot of grit

Anyone who can run a marathon deserves props. These guys deserve a fucking statue. I can't imagine how fucking terrible it must be to keep a 4:35 minute pace for that long. Takes a lot of grit

They probably eat a lot of noodles before their race. :)

People talk about marathons like it's low intensity but it's not at least not by the standards of anyone but elite track and field athletes there's nothing low intensity about running 20 kilometers per hour for 2 hours straight.

Thats insane if you think about it

He's 5'6/125lbs...have a sandwhich and take an uber for christ sake.

For perspective he ran 26 consecutive miles @ roughly 04:35 a mile. Very few people on the planet can do that for a single mile.

What particularly blows my mind is when you break it down into 5k times. This is what I got from the Guardian for the first 30k:

5K: 14:14
10K: 28:21
15K: 42.34
20K: 56:49
25K: 1:11:03
30K: 1:25:20

Those are pretty much 14 minute 5ks. 5 in a row. I guess I can relate to it because I've tried to run 5ks.

Running a 531 on his off season would likely help.

I don't think I could keep that pace for 2 laps around the track.

People talk about marathons like it's low intensity but it's not at least not by the standards of anyone but elite track and field athletes there's nothing low intensity about running 20 kilometers per hour for 2 hours straight.

21km per h ;)

It boggles my mind that a human can run like that. I'm not a runner but I'm in respectable shape, and I doubt I could run at that pace for much more than half a mile.

I agree. People tend to think of long distance running as low intensity, and I suppose it is, at least for the first few legs of your run. But when you hit the wall and reach the point where you're fighting for every step to keep going, that's pretty high intensity in my book. You're just running on balls at that point.

Shit like this is going to happen. Someone will break 2 H. We didn't thin anyone could break the 10s barrier in the 100m, now look?

Back