Twitter is sinking after the Israeli government says its considering legal action

Fuck Israel and Twitter. And fuck Islam while we are at it.

What is the violence being suggested? A boycott isn't violence. Suggesting it be wiped off the map is violence.
Israeli officials , journalists, majority of the public and Rabbis have spoken in favor of violence against Palestinians. Israel does nothing against them.

--
Recently - after the Ahed Tamin incident - an Israeli journalist insinuated :

“In the case of the girls, we should exact a price at some other opportunity, in the dark, without witnesses and cameras”,

Since he is talking about girls specifically, what could he possibly mean about exacting a price in the dark, away from cameras and witnesses. I think most people will conclude this is an indirect call to rape.

http://mondoweiss.net/2017/12/should-israeli-journalist/

--

The minister Ayelet Shaked, who is mentioned in the OP regarding the Twitter legal action, said this :

In 2014, Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked published a post on Facebook calling for a genocide of Palestinians: "What's so horrifying about understanding that the entire Palestinian people is the enemy? They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017...lling-transferring-arabs-171003080926491.html

--
Violent speech against Palestinians = totally kosher for the Israeli government.

Short blip for Twitter. They will rebound. 1 Israeli threat isn't going to do Twitter in. Twitter is way too large and influential for that.

Jews are the one group that do not get protection from the SJW brigade. Safe spaces for all but Jews.

I’m actually not in favor of considering any religion to be a protected class, but the hypocrisy is clear.

Israel has glaring faults for sure. I would argue fewer than much of the region, however. You’ll find people calling for the destruction of any country or group, the difference I guess is twitter wont delete it if it’s against Israel or Jews.

<Fedor23>

Jews are the one group that do not get protection from the SJW brigade. Safe spaces for all but Jews.

I’m actually not in favor of considering any religion to be a protected class, but the hypocrisy is clear.

Israel has glaring faults for sure. I would argue fewer than much of the region, however. You’ll find people calling for the destruction of any country or group, the difference I guess is twitter wont delete it if it’s against Israel or Jews.

<Fedor23>
Jews and Israel are defended by Liberals and the Dems. Israel is the one case where both the Liberals and Conservative intellegensia see eye to on, on the major issues. Both parties resoundly defend Israel.

The only criticism of Israel from liberals is from grass roots activists against Israeli government actions. It is not against all Jews.

Jews and Israel are defended by Liberals and the Dems. Israel is the one case where both the Liberals and Conservative intellegensia see eye to on, on the major issues. Both parties resoundly defend Israel.

The only criticism of Israel from liberals is from grass roots activists against Israeli government actions. It is not against all Jews.

I could have sworn I specifically mentioned the SJW brigade and not the mainstream parties. Yes, I did.

To your second point, I see a lot more “fuck Israel,” “destroy Israel,” than I do, “I don’t support Israel expanding settlements.” One is a policy criticism, the other is hate. Which do you see in this thread I responded to?

I don't much care for our own government telling our social media companies what they're allowed to let their users post, so I'm definitely not going to support a foreign government that is trying to do the same thing. If they want to request things be taken down, fine. But Twitter gets to refuse.

This is what twitter is good for...nothing else...
BmBs3e1CYAAZcoQ.jpg

e6273291d5ac82bb7080e056fa998aef.jpg

CmXf6tbVYAAp1Y3.jpg

ab12d1c31e8bdd0cf1f654792f1ded22.jpg

Door #3, Bob.

I am talking in the past few months or weeks. We got this tariff thing which crashed the markets. Fuckin down on Boeing now. Which I thought was impossible a few months ago. Anyway, that tariff thing and then the chief economic adviser resigns. That shows he has no faith in the economic policy of the POTUS and the markets reflected that.

I am still up overall but I think the market is slightly down this year or just barely above year to date. Its doing worse than last year.

Boeing up nearly 2% as of now. I'm not sweating it....yet. Defense stocks were steady today.

This is probably to sleight the Saudi Arabian majority owner

Correct me if im wrong but hasn't twitters stock been plummeting?

whatever you say man

I guess i'm just the outlier or something, and I also didn't buy shares of stocks like yesterday. I bought NVDA, for example, when it was 29/share, ATVI when it was 28.....

actually I should say my mid cat growth fund in my 401k is taking a hit today b/c it owns shares of twitter hahaha, touche. Take 2 Interactive and others are doing good tho

uhh... yeah. I arrived VERY late to the game. if you bought NVIDIA at 29 a share. wow. A professor said the best time to start investing is 15 years ago. He is right. New investors are already behind. I could be near where you are now if I got in years ago.

I'm trying to get the last puff off a bull market that is running out of steam.

I am buying some Twitter here. I don't think this will stick or cause much a ruckus. But all these guys are probably gonna have to testify. I could lose money. who knows. lol.
Twitter turned a profit for the first time about a month ago. You might want to look into that.

The stock is sinking at least. I saw Twitter was down big today and assumed it was spillover from the Facebook debacle but they have their own issues. I think Twitter will be fine but this is still news.

Twitter shares are sinking, down more than 5% Tuesday, after Bloomberg's Yaacov Benmeleh reported the Israeli government is weighing legal action against the social media company.

Israeli Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked said Twitter has been ignoring Israeli government requests to remove content that suggests violence towards the state, brought on by the US's plan to move its embassy to Jerusalem, according to the Bloomberg report.

http://markets.businessinsider.com/...ment-considers-legal-action-2018-3-1018949164

Trump hurting the market again. Jerusalem was a dumb idea to begin with. And Twitter is down 10% now instead of 5.
Obama, Clinton and Bush all promised to move the embassy to Jerusalem. Trump just followed through.

uhh... yeah. I arrived VERY late to the game. if you bought NVIDIA at 29 a share. wow. A professor said the best time to start investing is 15 years ago. He is right. New investors are already behind. I could be near where you are now if I got in years ago.

I'm trying to get the last puff off a bull market that is running out of steam.

there's still other options, even if it starts a decline (talking prolonged decline, like a net negative return for the year on say the S&P 500)....

you got things like MREITs which some pay monthly dividends (they have to pay out 90% of their revenues back to stakeholders) for an annual rate of 10+%, although obviously their NAV is relatively constant, but that can still produce solid returns if actual legit blue chip stocks or Dividend Aristocrats start falling as a whole

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back