Twitter has become St Peter?

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
lol. Or whoever the guy is who supposedly lets you into the pearly gates. I don't know my theology. But Twitter is the judge, jury and executioner of our modern age. People let into the pearly gates are then plunged back to earth as fallen angels. Fuck this company.

bygones_saint_peter_heaven_1016225.jpg

strangely, the bible and christians are more about forgiveness and less about puritanical zealotry than the very left and liberal-minded atheist, ex live-and-let-live crowd.

(NEWSER) – The man she covers might be a regular on Twitter, but you'll no longer findNew York Times reporter Maggie Haberman issuing tweets of her own. In an op-ed in theTimes, the White House correspondent explains why she's taking a break from the platform for the foreseeable future. Haberman writes that Twitter remains useful in important ways—as a news aggregator, for instance—but she also thinks it has changed for the worse in other ways. "Twitter has stopped being a place where I could learn things I didn’t know, glean information that was free from errors about a breaking news story or engage in a discussion and be reasonably confident that people’s criticisms were in good faith," she writes. Worse, "the viciousness, toxic partisan anger, intellectual dishonesty, motive-questioning and sexism are at all-time highs, with no end in sight."

http://www.newser.com/story/262244/top-nyt-reporter-explains-her-break-from-twitter.html

"Twitter is now an anger video game for many users. It is the only platform on which people feel free to say things they’d never say to someone’s face. For me, it had become an enormous and pointless drain on my time and mental energy."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/20/sunday-review/maggie-haberman-twitter-donald-trump.html

I don’t use fb, twitter, or any other social media other than Sherdog. I’ve personally never even been intereted in any of those platforms, but I understand why they’re so popular. Still, in this day and age there’s a chance that past comments will come back and haunt you. It’s scary to think that people’s lives are being upended because of some comments made years ago, without any consideration to context.

I hate twitter. Meaningful discussions cannot be had with one or two sentence statements.

"Twitter is now an anger video game for many users. It is the only platform on which people feel free to say things they’d never say to someone’s face. For me, it had become an enormous and pointless drain on my time and mental energy."

Shit, Sherdog is an anger video game for many users.

This is my "team". This man is a personal hero, and he voices my personal politics as succinctly, eloquently, and unpretentiously as anyone alive:

^^^ Mike Rowe's facebook page is an absolute gem. Very well thought out points on the trades issues that actually matter, and once in a while on other areas. He touches on the political aspects of things while being smart enough not to get in the ring and get covered in the mud that flies

Cant wait until we no longer have threads about Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Fuck em.

This is my "team". This man is a personal hero, and he voices my personal politics as succinctly, eloquently, and unpretentiously as anyone alive:

And those are issues we should be talking about. Politics poisons everything and paralyzes progress. Spot on. I was just watching a local PBS interview on this. How many trade jobs there are out there. Instead, we have tons of people going to college who don't belong there and end up in massive debt.

I hate twitter. Meaningful discussions cannot be had with one or two sentence statements.

Twitter is stupid a fuck. I don’t have it and I don’t follow anybody on it. Facebook is good for staying in touch with friends and family but people who write shit all over Facebook everyday are stupid.

Twitter is stupid a fuck. I don’t have it and I don’t follow anybody on it. Facebook is good for staying in touch with friends and family but people who write shit all over Facebook everyday are stupid.

Lady we do NOT need to know how your feeling or what you are doing every second of the godamn fucking day!!!

Lady we do NOT need to know how your feeling or what you are doing every second of the godamn fucking day!!!

Whenever my friends start doing that stuff I just put them on snooze.

I refuse to get Twitter until I can afford to pay someone to do my social media. I use Facebook and IG for promotion and visibility but even then I hate Facebook. I just scroll endlessly getting more rustled by the minute. iG is way better in that regard.

I refuse to get Twitter until I can afford to pay someone to do my social media. I use Facebook and IG for promotion and visibility but even then I hate Facebook. I just scroll endlessly getting more rustled by the minute. iG is way better in that regard.

I like instragram for looking at hot workout girls.

lol. Or whoever the guy is who supposedly lets you into the pearly gates. I don't know my theology. But Twitter is the judge, jury and executioner of our modern age. People let into the pearly gates are then plunged back to earth as fallen angels. Fuck this company.

bygones_saint_peter_heaven_1016225.jpg

Those libertarian chickens coming home to roost...

"Hey, dude bros, the private sector poses no threat to individual liberty! Only the State with its coercive, monopoly of force does!"

Back