TWITTER employees brag about spying on private messages, nude pics, affairs, etc

What difference does it make?

What exactly is the risk?

Did you go to school under a pseudonym and make sure nobody had your real address?
If youre comfortable sharing all your deets for the world to see, more power to you. That's a level of freedom im not comfortable attaining, just yet.

If youre comfortable sharing all your deets for the world to see, more power to you. That's a level of freedom im not comfortable attaining, just yet.

There are thousands of people in the physical world who know my name, my address, where I went to school, where I worked.

I don't know what details you consider sensitive.

My life is an epic puddle of mediocrity, it's boring beyond belief. I suppose if one day I said the wrong thing to the wrong person, that person could do some damage to my digital presence, but keeping my identity a secret would do exactly nothing to stop that.

I suppose if one day I said the wrong thing to the wrong person, that person could do some damage to my digital presence, but keeping my identity a secret would do exactly nothing to stop that.

Keeping your identity a secret can only help in those situations.

Keeping your identity a secret can only help in those situations.

I don't need the help.

What do you think someone could do to me?

It's a serious question. People talk about being careful but nobody has said what they're worried about.

I don't need the help.

It's a serious question. People talk about being careful but nobody has said what they're worried about.

What do you mean? Are you asking what someone could do to you if they had your address?

Most of what they gather is useless, they're just looking for better ways to target their advertising.

People should be careful to avoid posting things they want to keep private, but avoiding social media does exactly nothing regarding your visibility.

I used to have access to a report that would tell me everywhere you ever lived, everyone who ever lived within twenty blocks of you, every kind of licence you have or ever had, your criminal record, everywhere you went to school, your entire family tree, your credit rating, the list goes on.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with your disinformation, but I assure you, anyone malevolent and industrious who wants information about you is going to get it.

7proxies.PNG

What do you mean? Are you asking what someone could do to you if they had your address?

You're afraid of posting who you are because you think they'll come to your house and kill you?

You're afraid of posting who you are because you think they'll come to your house and kill you?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/13/16888710/barris-swatting-death-charges

There are numerous ways people can fuck with you. Post your shit online and fuck with the wrong person then they can make a false call having armed police officers breaking down your door pointing assault rifles at your face. That above story with a innocent guy getting killed was over a Call of Duty game with guys talking shit over a $1.50 wager.

You are the one who originally said "I suppose if one day I said the wrong thing to the wrong person, that person could do some damage to my digital presence, but keeping my identity a secret would do exactly nothing to stop that." I call bullshit. Keeping your digital footprint small in that situation is actually pretty smart.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/13/16888710/barris-swatting-death-charges

There are numerous ways people can fuck with you. Post your shit online and fuck with the wrong person then they can make a false call having armed police officers breaking down your door pointing assault rifles at your face. That above story with a innocent guy getting killed was over a Call of Duty game with guys talking shit over a $1.50 wager.

You are the one who originally said "I suppose if one day I said the wrong thing to the wrong person, that person could do some damage to my digital presence, but keeping my identity a secret would do exactly nothing to stop that." I call bullshit. Keeping your digital footprint small in that situation is actually pretty smart.

It would do exactly nothing to stop a determined, intelligent adversary. I'm not afraid of random lunatics. Actually, I'm not afraid of anyone, because it's a ridiculous fear.

More than three billion people are on the internet. Shit has happened out there... To a smaller percentage of the population than lottery winners.

If you're that terrified of that kind of thing, how do you ever leave the house? How do you get on the highway? Go to a bank? Go to a hospital? Those things are a million times more dangerous than letting someone know who you are on the internet, unless you're a spy and there are people looking for you to kill you. If you're a fugitive, you should definitely be invisible. If you're a regular Joe, nobody cares at all who you are.

It isn't smart. It's unnecessarily paranoid.

The ironic twist to our little exchange is that you're a serial killer gathering information and will soon be paying me a visit.

I know a guy that works at a cell phone store. He said when a hot chick brings her phone in for any reason, the male employees (when it was just men working which is quite often) would all look through her photo albums, including deleted pics. He said most of the hot chicks had nudes and sex pics on their phone.
My GF works at a pawn shop, they do the exact same shit

My mom used to take every piece of mail that came to the house and cut up into pieces where the address and name on it was before throwing it away and throw those pieces into different garbages. She was always paranoid about someone getting that info.

One day I pointed out that our info was all in here

PhoneBookImage.jpg

and I asked her what made her think anyone would target us as opposed to the thousands of others published in that same Phone Book. She eventually got unlisted after that.

Some people are just paranoid and think their lives are of much more interest than they are. As you say most of it is out there if someone determined wants to get it.

I don't need the help.

Mostly being backtraced in teh OT.

I still dont understand why people post super sensitive pics on their social media, or even store it on their phones....dumbest shit ever imo.

And lol at people signing up to sherdog with personal email addresses, posting tons of information about themselves. Shit like this has happened here, in the past. Welcome to the internet kids! These Twitter warriors gon learn the hard way

At least we lie here, at least to some extent.

Most of what they gather is useless, they're just looking for better ways to target their advertising.

People should be careful to avoid posting things they want to keep private, but avoiding social media does exactly nothing regarding your visibility.

I used to have access to a report that would tell me everywhere you ever lived, everyone who ever lived within twenty blocks of you, every kind of licence you have or ever had, your criminal record, everywhere you went to school, your entire family tree, your credit rating, the list goes on.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with your disinformation, but I assure you, anyone malevolent and industrious who wants information about you is going to get it.

I worked with a guy that said to me "there is no trace of me on the internet".

Within a couple of minutes, I found his address and phone number by using one of those address checker websites.

Back