Twitch Becomes Safe Space

So you believe in speech without consequences?
You can easily get banned from Twitch under the old guidelines. I'd prefer to stick with those. I just hope the new guidelines won't be too restrictive and will target the right people. But based on the general trend I've been seeing, I don't have much faith in that.

You can easily get banned from Twitch under the old guidelines. I'd prefer to stick with those. I just hope the new guidelines won't be too restrictive and will target the right people. But based on the general trend I've been seeing, I don't have much faith in that.
One thing that could become an issue is if Twitch cracks down on streamers and holds them accountable for not only the language but also content of discussions in chat.

The new guidelines supposedly include protected groups that cannot be disparaged in any way. That could become a real mess if banned users start trolling and vindictively trying to get streamers banned by poisoning their chats.

One thing that could become an issue is if Twitch cracks down on streamers and holds them accountable for not only the language but also content of discussions in chat.

The new guidelines supposedly include protected groups that cannot be disparaged in any way. That could become a real mess if banned users start trolling and vindictively trying to get streamers banned by poisoning their chats.
All good points, and precisely what people are worried about. There's also text-to-speech and other stuff that streamers can't control.

I guess viewers are 2 stupid to stop watching a streamer who’s “offensive”.

We’re headed for a nanny state anyway... we all need to be told how to live our lives like good little pc clones.

I said the first amendment and the idea of freedom of speech is not limited to a specific circumstance.

wtf.

1. those 2 aren't even the same.
2. the 1a IS limited to specific circumstances. many were already posted. HERP. DERP. ie: people have a right to protest, but they don't have a right to protest inside my bedroom when i'm trying to sleep. herp. derp. plus, YOU'RE the one that thinks this is some 1a issue. i'm the one talking about censoring groups of people and removing the possibility of open discussion.

and it's not like i mentioned milo, or anything.

wtf.

1. those 2 aren't even the same.
2. the 1a IS limited to specific circumstances. many were already posted. HERP. DERP. ie: people have a right to protest, but they don't have a right to protest inside my bedroom when i'm trying to sleep. herp. derp. plus, YOU'RE the one that thinks this is some 1a issue. i'm the one talking about censoring groups of people and removing the possibility of open discussion.

and it's not like i mentioned milo, or anything.

Good lets talk about censoring groups of people and removing open discussion. You mentioned earlier that a person could get banned for simply disagreeing on the number of genders. I asked for an example. That or some type of example that shows closing down of discussions.

What trends are those?

Good lets talk about censoring groups of people and removing open discussion. You mentioned earlier that a person could get banned for simply disagreeing on the number of genders. I asked for an example. That or some type of example that shows closing down of discussions.

IT'S LIKE I KEEP MENTIONING MILO, OR SOMETHING.

holy shit. now you want to talk about discussions, while being fully unable to follow this one.

IT'S LIKE I KEEP MENTIONING MILO, OR SOMETHING.

holy shit. now you want to talk about discussions, while being fully unable to follow this one.

Okay, so you can't give me an example. Noted. Milo was not banned for his stances, but for instigating his followers to harass others.

Okay, so you can't give me an example. Noted. Milo was not banned for his stances, but for instigating his followers to harass others.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa

<{outtahere}>

edit: even if you actually believe that and we play devil's advocate that it's face value - so milo was censored because OTHER PEOPLE said ____ on twitter? your point is?

Last edited:
What trends are those?
The trend of shutting down anything which is seen as being "problematic" by social justice activists and then pressuring corporations into enacting and enforcing related guidelines.

I'm sure they'll adjust the rules if they become overly punitive but I've seen at least three streamers who are worried about their chats and even old VODs maybe being offside. Nobody knows where the line is yet.

One streamer mentioned something about being responsible if a viewer from their community causes shit or harasses another streamer. That's ridiculous, if true.

Or jailed... Didn't Canada pass this law recently?

Or jailed... Didn't Canada pass this law recently?

Yes Canada did pass a law regarding not addressing people by their chosen gender adjective. It's a horrible law and yet to be challenged in their courts.

The trend of shutting down anything which is seen as being "problematic" by social justice activists and then pressuring corporations into enacting and enforcing related guidelines.

I would say harassment online is something that should be addressed, and it is not just social justice activists that think this.

I'm sure they'll adjust the rules if they become overly punitive but I've seen at least three streamers who are worried about their chats and even old VODs maybe being offside. Nobody knows where the line is yet.

One streamer mentioned something about being responsible if a viewer from their community causes shit or harasses another streamer. That's ridiculous, if true.

The only way Twitch comes out of this clean in regards to viewership is if they just back off and do absolutely nothing. Removing chat will drop viewership, censoring content will drop viewership. This is like that movie War Games, the only way to win (in regards to viewers) is for Twitch not to play.

The only thing that needs standing up to is the constant pressure from idiot SJWs that try to force their own personal beliefs on the masses through huge tantrums. Catering to advertisers is one thing, catering to these safe space morons is a different thing altogether.

The only way Twitch comes out of this clean in regards to viewership is if they just back off and do absolutely nothing. Removing chat will drop viewership, censoring content will drop viewership. This is like that movie War Games, the only way to win (in regards to viewers) is for Twitch not to play.

The only thing that needs standing up to is the constant pressure from idiot SJWs that try to force their own personal beliefs on the masses through huge tantrums. Catering to advertisers is one thing, catering to these safe space morons is a different thing altogether.
I think you're right and they'll back down on some of their threats. Not to repeat myself but I've never heard anyone complain about overt racism or bullying so it seems like a bit of a witch hunt.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out though. Some people love to troll so you know they'll be testing the system.

Back