Twins 14oz - damaged or...?

TWSMMA95

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased some Twins 2-Tone 14oz Muay Thai gloves (absolute beauties) but I'm not entirely sure if they're damaged or not. This is only my second purchase of gloves ever, I bought my first pair about 8 years ago when I boxed as a young man and decided now that I'm getting into MMA it was time for some high-quality gloves.

The left glove's fingers were not curled downwards like the right glove, and protruded away from the glove. Also, they are reaaaaaally tight on my hands and I struggled getting my hands in initially.

I've already read some threads regarding how tight they are which has put my mind at ease, but I'm still not sure if the left glove is damaged or not (they were delivered in a bag and not a box, so maybe they got squashed out of shape during transit...?)

Instead of opting to request a replacement from the supplier, I managed to squash the fingers in a bit to match the right glove but now I don't know if I've further damaged the glove/padding/leather in doing so?

So, really the overall questions are: are these gloves damaged? And should I get a replacement pair? Or should I 'christen' these gloves a bit through training/sparring and the use of a heavy bag?

I'd appreciate anyone's help with this matter :)

Thank you!

T.W.

Are both gloves just as tight as each other?

Also you say the fingers are in different positions, but can you make a comfortable fist easily with both gloves?

If the answer to both questions is yes, then I wouldn't think there would be a noticeable difference when you're training.

Twins gloves are naturally tight (a little tighter than I like personally), but they ease up after a bit, just need some breaking in.

Are both gloves just as tight as each other?

Also you say the fingers are in different positions, but can you make a comfortable fist easily with both gloves?

If the answer to both questions is yes, then I wouldn't think there would be a noticeable difference when you're training.

Twins gloves are naturally tight (a little tighter than I like personally), but they ease up after a bit, just need some breaking in.

The gloves are equally tight, yes.

Making a fist with the left glove was more difficult than the right (prior to me squashing them into a shape that matches the right glove).

So would you say they are in fine condition and I just need to use them for a bit? I'm just concerned that squashing the fingers in may have damaged the padding/glove somewhat.

I like to get a thick pair of socks, roll them up and shove them as far into the glove as you can and let them sit like that until you use them. Helps open them up a fair bit and then let your sweat and pad/bag bashing handle the rest of the break in process.

I've owned a couple pairs of twins and they always took a few weeks to a month before they were really comfortable.

As said above, I find Twins take some time to get comfortable. I have a 16oz pair for sparring that are only just starting to feel comfortable after a couple months of use.

I'd have gone Fairtex over Twins, Are you sure they are legitimate Twins gloves? While Fairtex are my glove of choice I've never heard of Twins having this type of quality control failure.

Back