TWIN PEAKS Revival Discussion

I thought Evil Coop was using Richard as a dummy so that he didn't have to put himself at risk. He knew the coordinates he was given could have been a trap by Jeffries.

Forgot about that, my apologies.
I can't remember where all three coordinates came from though. One was Gordon and co. finding them on the school teacher's body where the portal was, the other came from Ray, can't place the third one.
It's still intriguing to me as to what the site was and if it did more to Richard than fry him. What would evil Cooper have done if Richard didn't show up?

I can't remember where all three coordinates came from though. One was Gordon and co. finding them on the school teacher's body where the portal was, the other came from Ray, can't place the third one.
I figured the third set was the numbers that the Jeffries teapot thing produced from it's spout. He said it was Judy's number I think, so idk for sure. As far as I know there was no other scene of Evil Coop receiving numbers of any kind, and he's been seeking out these coordinates all season. He also got some more numbers from Diane right after he sent her the :) ALL text, so I've no idea what that's about.
It's still intriguing to me as to what the site was and if it did more to Richard than fry him. What would evil Cooper have done if Richard didn't show up?
I've heard some say they think it may have sent him somewhere. I'm pretty sure it was a trap set to kill Evil Coop, and that Richard was vaporized. I guess Evil Coop was planning on testing it himself and Richard showing up was simply a fortunate happenstance.

This finale should be 2 hours of the most absurd shit ever to grace a television screen.

Won't be able to watch until later or tomorrow, but....

my_body_is_ready.png

Yeah, and now you know how much better it would have been if the real coop was there the whole time

I think we got enough fbi with Gordon, Albert and Tammy.

I want to know what happened to the other blue rose agents. Desmond and ?

I think we got enough fbi with Gordon, Albert and Tammy.

I want to know what happened to the other blue rose agents. Desmond and ?

Cole never had any personality and Albert got ruined in season 2.
would have liked to see what happened to Chet as well.

Episode 17 was one of the most absorbing and greatest pieces of tv ever, could have been the finale itself. The only odd part was the Bob seed vs. Cockney one punch man (I'm assuming Bob's spirit went back to the black lodge).

Episode 18 felt off/odd ever since Cooper left the black lodge/waiting room. When Diane asked if that was really Cooper when he came out, something felt off about him, then he showed traits of the doppleganger Cooper with how cold he felt, but some moments of the real Cooper showed when he interacted with Laura/Karen (by the way, is that a Daredevil reference from Mark Frost?). I guess everything hearkens back to the "dreamer/dream" reference Cooper made at the end of episode 17. The episode finally started to click and feel right with the Tremont+Chalfont reference to the occupants of the Palmer house (Mrs. Tremont and Mrs. Chalfont being the names used by the lady lodge entity that the grandmother from Happy Gilmore played in the original series and Fire Walk with Me, her "grandson" always being with her), then Dale feels lost out in the street asks what year it is then Laura/Karen stares at the house and hears her mother faintly call her name, then the lights shut off and the electrical spark and her scream.

I pray to God there is a follow up, and not 25 years from now when David is 96 and Mark 88 (of course it'd be shot before then). A shorter mini series, a movie, something please! I'd be sad that Miguel Ferrer doesn't appear, but Lynch could have been sneaky and shot the follow up when he shot everything else or shot extra scenes with those who were ill just in case.

What a crazy ride. I wonder how many "Missing Pieces" style bits will be on the blu-ray and dvd.

The showdown between Agent Cooper and Evil Cooper was disappointing. Hell, there wasn't any showdown at all. The resolution to Evil Cooper was so-so, could have been way, way better written.

This show most likely won't be renewed. So it's frustrating that a lot of the unanswered plot lines won't be resolved.

As for my take on the ending, Agent Cooper has entered an alternate universe and he seems to be a combination of the good and evil Cooper.

Although I enjoyed some of the character moments in this season, there's also a lot of nothingness and just bad, incoherent storytelling. Thank God I have my remote control to fast forward a lot of these nothing scenes. This season didn't need 18 episodes, 8-10 episodes would have suffice.

The showdown between Agent Cooper and Evil Cooper was disappointing. Hell, there wasn't any showdown at all. The resolution to Evil Cooper was so-so, could have been way, way better written.

This show most likely won't be renewed. So it's frustrating that a lot of the unanswered plot lines won't be resolved.

As for my take on the ending, Agent Cooper has entered an alternate universe and he seems to be a combination of the good and evil Cooper.

Although I enjoyed some of the character moments in this season, there's also a lot of nothingness and just bad, incoherent storytelling. Thank God I have my remote control to fast forward a lot of these nothing scenes. This season didn't need 18 episodes, 8-10 episodes would have suffice.
ha, yeah, it is much more enjoyable DVRing it and being able to fast forward....i was yelling at the tv a lot when i watched the first half of the season live

FWWM is one of my favorite movies and i have been a fan of the show over the years and read the books including laura's diary and loved lynch's movies

BUT

this was absolute shit
I think he didn't have a real story and just wanted to work with everyone one last time
I expect lynch will not make anything else before dying
this is actually worse than season 2 by a long shot
this makes james getting framed for killing that blond lady's husband seem like fucking shakespeare

horrible

This show most likely won't be renewed.

Was that ever the intention? I thought this was always a one off.

Anyways, fun show. I give Lynch a wider birth than most, with his avant-garde approach to storytelling, and this is no different. A LOT of nonsense was packed into this 18 hour dreamscape, but Lynch always seems to make it somewhat entertaining. Looking back, I really don't think the whole 15 episode long "Wacky Adventures of Dougie Jones" was all that necessary, but it provided some good laughs.

Another thing that has always bugged me about Lynch, and I still don't understand the purpose behind it, is the intentional bad acting he packs into a lot of his work. Whether it's stiff, terrible line reading, or laughable overacting, he seems to get a kick out of actors acting terribly, and I've never really understood the purpose of it. This series was no different, as it was jam packed with awful acting. Take the scene last night with Evil Cooper's chest bursting scene. This is the most insane thing someone could witness, and he has the actors reacting like they've never acted a day in their lives. Like they're all amateurs on the set of some B-movie. I guess Lynch just personally finds it amusing, but I don't see the point. All it does is make a mockery out of the scene.

Other than that though, eh, it was a fun ride, and Showtime deserves some credit for actually letting Lynch go all out with it. It was nonsensical, batshit lunacy for the most part, and I wouldn't blame anyone for calling it outright terrible. However, it was certainly like nothing else on TV, and pretty unforgettable, and that's gotta be worth something. It's just this quirky television anomaly, that will never be duplicated(for better or worse), and one last feast for David Lynch fans.

Let's Rock/10

episode 17 was amazing. Just incredible.

My body was ready for ep 18, but when it was over, I was left with confusion and a bit of disappointment. Like with the original series ending, it seemed that it left us with more questions than answers.

Again with how the original series ended, what happened to Audrey?

Cooper seemed a bit off, during the whole episode. Almost like someone in-between the good Coop and the evil Coop.

Chalfont and Tremond are/were the owners of the Palmer house. Ms. Chalfont/Tremond is the old lady in FWWM, who's part of the Black Lodge. When Cooper and Laura arrive at the Palmer house, it seems like present day. Did Cooper screw up and is he stuck on some alternate reality?

fuck... I could go on and on, but it's too early in the day for this.

It was a pretty amazing (and at times taxing) ride through these 18 episodes. I can't see this going for another season and I don't think it's meant to have another season. This is how Lynch/Frost wanted it to end (much how they never wanted to reveal Laura's killer in the original series run). Lynch/Frost left us with something that people will be trying to put together for years to come.

Last edited:
Was that ever the intention? I thought this was always a one off.

Anyways, fun show. I give Lynch a wider birth than most, with his avant-garde approach to storytelling, and this is no different. A LOT of nonsense was packed into this 18 hour dreamscape, but Lynch always seems to make it somewhat entertaining. Looking back, I really don't think the whole 15 episode long "Wacky Adventures of Dougie Jones" was all that necessary, but it provided some good laughs.

Another thing that has always bugged me about Lynch, and I still don't understand the purpose behind it, is the intentional bad acting he packs into a lot of his work. Whether it's stiff, terrible line reading, or laughable overacting, he seems to get a kick out of actors acting terribly, and I've never really understood the purpose of it. This series was no different, as it was jam packed with awful acting. Take the scene last night with Evil Cooper's chest bursting scene. This is the most insane thing someone could witness, and he has the actors reacting like they've never acted a day in their lives. Like they're all amateurs on the set of some B-movie. I guess Lynch just personally finds it amusing, but I don't see the point. All it does is make a mockery out of the scene.

Other than that though, eh, it was a fun ride, and Showtime deserves some credit for actually letting Lynch go all out with it. It was nonsensical, batshit lunacy for the most part, and I wouldn't blame anyone for calling it outright terrible. However, it was certainly like nothing else on TV, and pretty unforgettable, and that's gotta be worth something. It's just this quirky television anomaly, that will never be duplicated(for better or worse), and one last feast for David Lynch fans.

Let's Rock/10

I don't think anyone would have watched this if it was a brand new series by a no name director/writer
I ONLY stuck it out because it is Lynch

Now both davids (Lynch and Cronenberg) are fucking dead to me, although Cornenberg's corpse is really fucking rotting and smells like mildew

Cooper seemed a bit off, during the whole episode. Almost like someone in-between the good Coop and the evil Coop.

Chalfont and Tremond are/were the owners of the Palmer house. Ms. Chalfont/Tremond is the old lady in FWWM, who's part of the Black Lodge. When Cooper and Laura arrive at the Palmer house, it seems like present day. Did Cooper screw up and is he stuck on some alternate reality?

fuck... I could go on and on, but it's too early in the day for this.

It was a pretty amazing (and at times taxing) ride through these 18 episodes. I can't see this going for another season and I don't think it's meant to have another season. This is how Lynch/Frost wanted it to end (much how they never wanted to reveal Laura's killer in the original series run). Lynch/Frost left us with something that people will be trying to put together for years to come.

My interpretation of Coop in the last episode is that he's beginning to go the way of Jeffries and Major Briggs where they both kept on jumping in and out of the lodges/ spirit worlds and throughout different years/time periods to the point they dont exist as human beings anymore (as Cole acknowledged about Jeffries), but they eventually became a life force that transcends space and time (Major Briggs a disembodied head, Jeffries a kettle).

So every time Coop (just as Bowie's Jeffries did), jumps back and forth as a human being between the lodge, room above convenience store/ gas station, motel, etc. to tinker with things in the "real world" and throughout time periods, he gradually becomes different and discombobulated each pass through to the point of existing in a weird ass form.

That seems to be the theme with Blue Rose cases and likely something similar happened with Chet Desmond vanishing from the trailer lot owned by the Chalfonts in FWWM.

I had more time to think on the episodes.
Episode 17, the confrontation with evil Cooper and Bob seemed too easy, it felt like a fantasy someone would have, a good dream. Maybe a combination of Freddy the Cockney dreaming to become a superhero and Cooper wanting a nice ribbon tied ending to the misery. Him wanting to go back and save Laura shows that he did want a perfect ending. I mean it's basically something a child would think of, punching what is essentially the devil out of reality.
It seems that evil Cooper wanted to be teleported to Judy/Jao Dei (sp?) when he entered the white lodge, but was teleported to the Sheriff's station instead (as that's where Dale was headed and where Freddy was). Maybe there was a break in reality there. Heck there could have been in the first three episodes too. The resolution broke from the dark and serious mood of a lot of the show (minus the Dougie bits, maybe that's telling in and of itself).
I was hoping episode 18 would have been just pure serious darkness with the black lodge corrupting the entire town, but I think in the end it was quite interesting though a bit drawn out in places.

The build up of episode 17 was incredible because you didn't know what was going to happen next, it was very absorbing to me, minus the evil Cooper/Bob resolution (fun, but not really "appropriate"), the latter part of the episode reminded me of the last episode of season 2. Julee Cruise's performance was so very welcome, I was hoping for one and we got it.

I know people often say (rightly so) that Lynch uses dream logic in his films, but I feel it's very intentional here. There is something to Jeffries and Cooper's line that "We all live in a dream" (Cooper also exclaiming "What year is it?" directly references Jeffries doing the same in The Missing Pieces). I think one has to think of season 3 more like say Suspiria or The Beyond or Phantasm with things just unfolding without normal logic (like Lynch's less structured, more experimental efforts). I actually felt like I understood the logic of season 3 better before I started re-watching the original series.

It's also interesting that evil Cooper's bastard son was named Richard and the hybrid Cooper became Richard in that alternate reality.

There's a lot to digest. I'll re-watch everything when the blu-ray set hits. I'm forgetting a lot of thoughts I had on episode 18 I thought of earlier today, some things about Laura dreaming. I know Sherilyn Fenn said Lynch wants to do more, and the numbers for the show were good (both in terms of subscribers and viewers). I don't want to see the series end all happy and tied up in a little bow, but I do want something more than the episode 18 ending with so many open threads barely addressed.

Due to my own absentmindedness I actually watched 18 before 17. It almost made more sense in that way, and the end of 17 was "the end".

If someone had told me afew years ago we would get a 3 hour twin peaks movie, I would have been great with that. Well, we got that plus 15 extra hours of lore. I was always more interested in the lodge and supernatural elements than the soap opera character/situations of the original run anyway.

I had the thought when Coop went into the motel and Dianne saw her doppleganger that it wasn't good Coop who came back out...she realized it too late, hence the covering his face. Good Coop probably came out and left with DoppleDianne.

Maybe the whole thing was the coma dream of Dougie Jones after his accident?

What I can't make sense of is the roadhouse.

Just finished it. I think this season was probably my favorite thing on TV ever.

And lol at people online joking about actor of Ike The Spike being Joe Rogan. :D

Episode 17 was one of the most absorbing and greatest pieces of tv ever, could have been the finale itself. The only odd part was the Bob seed vs. Cockney one punch man (I'm assuming Bob's spirit went back to the black lodge).

Episode 18 felt off/odd ever since Cooper left the black lodge/waiting room. When Diane asked if that was really Cooper when he came out, something felt off about him, then he showed traits of the doppleganger Cooper with how cold he felt, but some moments of the real Cooper showed when he interacted with Laura/Karen (by the way, is that a Daredevil reference from Mark Frost?). I guess everything hearkens back to the "dreamer/dream" reference Cooper made at the end of episode 17. The episode finally started to click and feel right with the Tremont+Chalfont reference to the occupants of the Palmer house (Mrs. Tremont and Mrs. Chalfont being the names used by the lady lodge entity that the grandmother from Happy Gilmore played in the original series and Fire Walk with Me, her "grandson" always being with her), then Dale feels lost out in the street asks what year it is then Laura/Karen stares at the house and hears her mother faintly call her name, then the lights shut off and the electrical spark and her scream.

I pray to God there is a follow up, and not 25 years from now when David is 96 and Mark 88 (of course it'd be shot before then). A shorter mini series, a movie, something please! I'd be sad that Miguel Ferrer doesn't appear, but Lynch could have been sneaky and shot the follow up when he shot everything else or shot extra scenes with those who were ill just in case.

What a crazy ride. I wonder how many "Missing Pieces" style bits will be on the blu-ray and dvd.
17 was the finale
18 was episode 1 of the 4th series

I know people often say (rightly so) that Lynch uses dream logic in his films, but I feel it's very intentional here.

He pretty much uses dream logic in all his movies. Everywhere else it made sense. This series did not even have proper dream logic.

F-

Back