Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
White Famous got cancelled after 1 season, which kinda sucks because it was kinda funny

I love the office but after Michael left it went downhill hard. Season 8 was trash

Thankfully season 9 picked it up and gave us a great proper ending now

I don't think going back to it now is a good idea

Remember wkrp 2? Neither do i

I'll reiterate what I said in the previous thread. THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL is terrific. It's one of my favorite new shows of 2017. I recommend this to anyone looking for a lighthearted comedy drama set in the 1950s. Rachel Brosnahan is simply fantastic.

maisel.jpg

Never heard of her, but looks like wife material in that pic.

I love the office but after Michael left it went downhill hard. Season 8 was trash

Thankfully season 9 picked it up and gave us a great proper ending now

I don't think going back to it now is a good idea

Remember wkrp 2? Neither do i

I HATED the british woman who took over the regional manager position after Carell exited the show. Could hardly bring myself to watch it.

Fox Grants Early Season Two Renewal for X-Men Drama Series THE GIFTED

0CdsN3u.png

Fox is staying the course with The Gifted. The network has handed out an early season two renewal for the short-order drama, picking up the X-Men series for the 2018-19 broadcast season. The 13-episode drama from Marvel Television and Matt Nix will wrap its run Jan. 15 with a two-hour finale and, like Seth MacFarlane's The Orville,was always considered as a short-order run.

Produced by Marvel and 20th Century Fox Television, The Gifted had been expected to score an early renewal last month, but Fox hit the pause button after Disney's massive $52.4 billion purchase of Rupert Murdoch's TV studio, among others. The pending split between the Fox network (which is not being sold to Disney) and 20th TV does not seem to have impacted the future of the drama starring Stephen Moyer and Amy Acker.

The Gifted ranks as broadcast's No. 3 new drama of the 2017-18 broadcast season, averaging 8.3 million total viewers (with seven days of DVR). As for the future of the network, Fox chiefs Dana Walden and Gary Newman will be on hand Thursday at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour to field questions about their futures once the studio and network are split.

The Gifted, produced by Bryan Singer, Lauren Shuler Donner, Simon Kinberg, Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory, joins a 2018-19 slate at Fox that also includes previously renewed series The Simpsons and The Orville.

For Marvel Television, The Gifted is part of a roster that also includes Hulu's The Runaways,FX's Legion, ABC's Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans,plus the Netflix slate that includes Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, The Punisher, Luke Cage and Defenders.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/gifted-renewed-season-2-at-fox-1071523

In episode one, she is sort of the perfect wife - witty, intelligent, beautiful, stays in shape, resourceful and totally supportive of her husband's foolish dreams of being a standup comic. You really root for her when her scumbag husband dumps her for his secretary. The wife then discovers she has a natural and incredible talent for standup.

In episode one, she is sort of the perfect wife - witty, intelligent, beautiful, stays in shape, resourceful and totally supportive of her husband's foolish dreams of being a standup comic. You really root for her when her scumbag husband dumps her for his secretary. The wife then discovers she has a natural and incredible talent for standup.
Also a great cook. She literally bribes people with food.

HBO's GAME OF THRONES Officially Confirmed to Return in 2019

bG75abw.jpg

It's official: The eighth and final season of Game of Thrones will not air in 2018.

HBO issued a short release Thursday confirming that the remaining six episodes will air in 2019. A specific premiere date has yet to be revealed, and HBO's announcement declined to provide anything more than writers, producers and directors associated with the fantasy juggernaut.

The news that Game of Thrones would not air this year comes as little surprise, as the final season is expected to stretch more than eight months. (Many of the episodes will likely be supersized, though that has yet to be confirmed as well.) Production on the eighth and final season began in October and will reportedly run through August 2018 — a full year following the season seven finale.

"Our production people are trying to figure out a timeline for the shoot and how much time the special effects take," HBO programming president Casey Bloys told The Hollywood Reporter over the summer about the long wait between seasons of Thrones. "The shooting is complicated enough — on different continents, with all the technical aspects — and the special effects are a whole other production period that we're trying to figure out. That is a big factor in all of this."

Directors for season eight are showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, David Nutter and Miguel Sapochnik. Writers are Benioff and Weiss, Bryan Cogman and Dave Hill.

It's Official: Eight and Final Season for HBO's Game of Thrones Will Return in 2019

ANIMANIACS Reboot Gets a Two-Season Order at Hulu, Set to Premiere in 2020

2EahTsg.jpg

Revealed to be in development last year, Hulu, Amblin Television and Warner Bros. Animation today announced a new deal to create and premiere a brand-new version of the iconic family friendly cartoon franchise Animaniacs. The series has already been picked up for two seasons at the streaming service with the new episodes set to premiere in 2020.

“I am so pleased and proud that Animaniacs will have a home at Hulu,” said Executive Producer Steven Spielberg. “Together with Warner Bros., we look to bring new audiences and longtime fans into this wild world of Yakko, Wakko, and Dot. I am also excited that the full library of Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures episodes are included in the deal.”

Spielberg will return as executive producer of the series, with Sam Register, President, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Digital Series, and Amblin Television Co-Presidents Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank also serving as executive producers.

The Warner brothers, Yakko and Wakko, and the Warner sister, Dot — three inseparable, irascible siblings — have a great time wreaking havoc and mayhem in the lives of everyone they meet. They have been locked away in the Warner Bros. water tower for a very long time, but they have found a way to escape. And escape they do — every day! Causing chaos and comic confusion, Yakko, Wakko and Dot run loose in the city, turning the world into their personal playground. And fan-favorite characters Pinky and the Brain will also return to make appearances in each episode.

In addition to announcing the new series, Hulu and Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution also inked a new pact that makes Hulu the exclusive streaming home to the complete library of all 99 episodes of the original Animaniacs, as well as Pinky and the Brain, the subsequent Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain, and the complete Tiny Toon Adventures collection. As of today, Hulu subscribers can watch, catch up and relive their favorite moments from the original series with the whole family.

The original Animaniacs made its television debut in 1993 and went on to become one of the most popular animated series for children. Since its premiere, the series has launched spin-offs and characters including Pinky and the Brain, and has set the record for most Daytime Emmy Awards in the field of Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction and Composition for any animated series, winning three times.

Hulu, Amblin Television and Warner Bros. Animation Announces Two-Season Order for Animaniacs Reboot

This was an amazing show, can't wait for the return.

That said, I wonder where the story will go from here.

This was an amazing show, can't wait for the return.

That said, I wonder where the story will go from here.
Season 2 will probably be about Midge's struggles in her new career (with her being blackballed and all) as well as dealing with the fact that Joel now knows about her secret. I also think that Midge's parents (or maybe just one) will finally find out about her being a comedian.

Funny thing, although I'm embarrassed to admit it, the first time I saw her in Manhattan, the first thing that popped into my head was "When did Evan Rachel Wood get a boob job?"

The resemblance is uncanny.

ANIMANIACS Reboot Gets a Two-Season Order at Hulu, Set to Premiere in 2020

2EahTsg.jpg

Revealed to be in development last year, Hulu, Amblin Television and Warner Bros. Animation today announced a new deal to create and premiere a brand-new version of the iconic family friendly cartoon franchise Animaniacs. The series has already been picked up for two seasons at the streaming service with the new episodes set to premiere in 2020.

“I am so pleased and proud that Animaniacs will have a home at Hulu,” said Executive Producer Steven Spielberg. “Together with Warner Bros., we look to bring new audiences and longtime fans into this wild world of Yakko, Wakko, and Dot. I am also excited that the full library of Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures episodes are included in the deal.”

Spielberg will return as executive producer of the series, with Sam Register, President, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Digital Series, and Amblin Television Co-Presidents Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank also serving as executive producers.

The Warner brothers, Yakko and Wakko, and the Warner sister, Dot — three inseparable, irascible siblings — have a great time wreaking havoc and mayhem in the lives of everyone they meet. They have been locked away in the Warner Bros. water tower for a very long time, but they have found a way to escape. And escape they do — every day! Causing chaos and comic confusion, Yakko, Wakko and Dot run loose in the city, turning the world into their personal playground. And fan-favorite characters Pinky and the Brain will also return to make appearances in each episode.

In addition to announcing the new series, Hulu and Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution also inked a new pact that makes Hulu the exclusive streaming home to the complete library of all 99 episodes of the original Animaniacs, as well as Pinky and the Brain, the subsequent Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain, and the complete Tiny Toon Adventures collection. As of today, Hulu subscribers can watch, catch up and relive their favorite moments from the original series with the whole family.

The original Animaniacs made its television debut in 1993 and went on to become one of the most popular animated series for children. Since its premiere, the series has launched spin-offs and characters including Pinky and the Brain, and has set the record for most Daytime Emmy Awards in the field of Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction and Composition for any animated series, winning three times.

Hulu, Amblin Television and Warner Bros. Animation Announces Two-Season Order for Animaniacs Reboot

I'm wondering what kind of changes are going to be made.

I was excited for the new version of Duck Tales, but then I saw the animation and heard the voiceacting.

Think I may have watched 5 minutes before calling it quits.

HBO's Barry, the network's new half-hour comedy

Hader (hitman) + Winkler (acting coach) = the Hollywood Dream

GET SHORTY-ish, maybe?

Last edited:
Hello, Sabrina the Teenage Witch

200_d.gif

920c90f0-a368-0131-32ab-66a345bc2e4d.gif

I was just coming to post that...

Netflix has found its Sabrina. Mad Men and Feud: Bette and Joan alum Kiernan Shipka has been tapped to star as the titular heroine in Netflix’s upcoming original series based on the Archie Comics graphic novel The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

[...]

Shipka will play Sabrina Spellman, an empowered young woman, half-human, half-witch, who is just beginning her dark education as a sorceress, even as she tries to maintain a normal life as a sophomore at Baxter High. Intelligent, compassionate and brave to the point of recklessness, Sabrina is all that stands between us and the forces of darkness that threaten our world.

Originally in development at the CW as a potential companion to Riverdale, also based on characters from Archie Comics, the untitled Sabrina project landed a 20-episode, two-season, straight-to-series order at Netflix early last month.

[...]

“We’re all such huge fans of Kiernan’s work that when we started talking about who this new incarnation of Sabrina could be, her name was on everyone’s wish list,” said Aguirre-Sacasa. “This is a darker, more macabre version of Sabrina, and we’re incredibly excited for people to see Kiernan make this iconic character her own.”

Goldwater added: “I am thrilled that Kiernan is playing Sabrina and have no doubt that she will embody the strength, courage and boldness that has made the character a fan favorite.”

Shipka most recently appeared opposite Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange in FX’s hit event series Feud: Bette and Joan as B.D., the strong-willed teenage daughter of Bette Davis (Sarandon). She is perhaps best known for playing Sally Draper on seven seasons of Emmy-winning drama series Mad Men. She was recently cast in a starring role in horror director John Leonetti’s next feature The Silence from Constantin Film and EMJAG Productions.

OK, I'm not at all familiar with her work, so someone else will need to fill me in on her acting chops. At least she looks the part.

tjyjibseh0ibxa38vk6d.jpg

I know it's been over for awhile, but I've watched 11 episodes of Southland in about 2 days. Holy crap, it's fantastic! Except Tammi. She is a horrible character.

I must have been living under a rock or something.

I'm wondering what kind of changes are going to be made.

I was excited for the new version of Duck Tales, but then I saw the animation and heard the voiceacting.

Think I may have watched 5 minutes before calling it quits.
Im wondering too. Animaniacs was a great cartoon that had so many funny adult references in it. Watched it with my sons and caught so many different things that my younger brain must've missed.

Just no CGI weirdness, please. That ReBoot look.

Trollhunters season 2 was a bit weird.

Knowing Yelchin was dead, I spent the whole season trying to understand how they did his voice. Turns out they had already recorded enough dialogue to make season 2.

As a result, his voice in the finale was pretty generic, while the supporting cast did the heavy lifting.

Next season is the final season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back