Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that tidbit, the trailer is x10 more interesting knowing that. I caught a few key words before you mentioned how the book takes place over a 1000 years. I'm assuming that at least the girl and the chris pratt lookalike will become immortal. Se'll be normal but he'll end up a bit veiny and wonky if I had to guess.

Definitely on my watch list now.

minor spoilers. Basic set up for the series, but will likely be how the first season plays out.

The little girl does get injected with the virus. The preview shows them going after test subjects, all of which turn into vampire like creatures since they were using some rare bat DNA. I don't remember the specifics, but they wanted to run the trial on a child because they thought they would be able absorb the serum differently. Which is why that are after the little girl in the preview, she's an orphan child with no family and was never in the system to have any paperwork filed on her. She ends up getting the serum successfully, but all sh!t breaks and they never get to study it. She ends up aging incredibly slow, so when the story picks back up after 100 years she a teenager in the book, but with the actress in the preview she would be around 20.

I'm okay with it.

Just watched the 99 finale, good stuff, would have been a fitting series finale.

Update: May 21, 2018

THE EXPANSE Revived for a Fourth Season at Amazon Studios!

the-expanse-2.jpg

Amazon Studios is in talks to revive one of CEO Jeff Bezos' favorite properties. The retailer and streaming outlet is near a deal to revive the space drama The Expanse for a fourth season just 10 days after Syfy canceled the series. Amazon Studios declined comment as sources note the deal is not closed.

Syfy had only first-run linear rights in the U.S. to The Expanse, which was based on James S. A. Corey's best-selling book series of the same name and starred Steven Strait. Amazon Studios had streaming rights to the first three seasons of the show. Sources say Bezos is a big fan of the book and was livid that the TV series went to NBCUniversal-owned Syfy. The move is said to have ignited Bezos' demand that Amazon Studios brass find the company's version of Game of Thrones.

The Expanse was a pricey swing for Syfy and the nature of the deal put additional pressure for the show to perform on its linear network as the cabler did not have either SVOD or international rights to profit from. (Netflix had international rights to the series.) The dramawas Syfy's first major push back into the traditional science fiction genre.

Following the cancellation, producers Alcon Television Group — which fully financed and produced the series — planned to shop the space drama to other networks.

Opening to promising reviews and a strong collection of loyal viewers in 2015, The Expanse's first season averaged 581,000 viewers in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic and 1.4 million total viewers with three days of DVR. Season two, which returned more than a year later with a significant marketing push and a solid lead-in, was down 24 percent among total viewers and averaged 457,000 total viewers. That compares more readily to similar returns for Syfy's inexpensive co-productions like Dark Matter and Killjoys than to the cabler's original scripted series like The Magicians and Happy.

The Expanse's third season, which bowed in April, tumbled another 5 percent among total viewers and 12 percent in the demo from season two.

"The Expanse transported us across the solar system for three brilliant seasons of television. Everyone at Syfy is a massive fan of the series, and this was an incredibly difficult decision," said Chris McCumber, president of entertainment networks at NBCU Cable Entertainment. "We want to sincerely thank The Expanse’s amazing cast, crew and all the dedicated creatives who helped bring James S. A. Corey’s story to life. And to the series’ loyal fans, we thank you most of all.”

The Expanse move follows a busy week of news on the broadcast side that saw Brooklyn Nine-Nine move to NBC after the comedy's cancellation by Fox, while the latter network revived Last Man Standing. In both cases, the networks' studio counterparts owned the shows, making the jump to their respective home networks considerably easier. In The Expanse's case, Amazon had SVOD rights, making a move to a different outlet more challenging.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/expanse-revived-season-4-at-amazon-1113803

giphy.gif

I'm okay with it.

This bothers for me, especially after seeing the producer's face. I will give this a chance since I love Teen Titans Go! and Amazing World of Gumball and this Thundercats kiddie reboot has similar elements in it.

Update: May 21, 2018

THE EXPANSE Revived for a Fourth Season at Amazon Studios!

the-expanse-2.jpg

Amazon Studios is in talks to revive one of CEO Jeff Bezos' favorite properties. The retailer and streaming outlet is near a deal to revive the space drama The Expanse for a fourth season just 10 days after Syfy canceled the series. Amazon Studios declined comment as sources note the deal is not closed.

Syfy had only first-run linear rights in the U.S. to The Expanse, which was based on James S. A. Corey's best-selling book series of the same name and starred Steven Strait. Amazon Studios had streaming rights to the first three seasons of the show. Sources say Bezos is a big fan of the book and was livid that the TV series went to NBCUniversal-owned Syfy. The move is said to have ignited Bezos' demand that Amazon Studios brass find the company's version of Game of Thrones.

The Expanse was a pricey swing for Syfy and the nature of the deal put additional pressure for the show to perform on its linear network as the cabler did not have either SVOD or international rights to profit from. (Netflix had international rights to the series.) The dramawas Syfy's first major push back into the traditional science fiction genre.

Following the cancellation, producers Alcon Television Group — which fully financed and produced the series — planned to shop the space drama to other networks.

Opening to promising reviews and a strong collection of loyal viewers in 2015, The Expanse's first season averaged 581,000 viewers in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic and 1.4 million total viewers with three days of DVR. Season two, which returned more than a year later with a significant marketing push and a solid lead-in, was down 24 percent among total viewers and averaged 457,000 total viewers. That compares more readily to similar returns for Syfy's inexpensive co-productions like Dark Matter and Killjoys than to the cabler's original scripted series like The Magicians and Happy.

The Expanse's third season, which bowed in April, tumbled another 5 percent among total viewers and 12 percent in the demo from season two.

"The Expanse transported us across the solar system for three brilliant seasons of television. Everyone at Syfy is a massive fan of the series, and this was an incredibly difficult decision," said Chris McCumber, president of entertainment networks at NBCU Cable Entertainment. "We want to sincerely thank The Expanse’s amazing cast, crew and all the dedicated creatives who helped bring James S. A. Corey’s story to life. And to the series’ loyal fans, we thank you most of all.”

The Expanse move follows a busy week of news on the broadcast side that saw Brooklyn Nine-Nine move to NBC after the comedy's cancellation by Fox, while the latter network revived Last Man Standing. In both cases, the networks' studio counterparts owned the shows, making the jump to their respective home networks considerably easier. In The Expanse's case, Amazon had SVOD rights, making a move to a different outlet more challenging.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/expanse-revived-season-4-at-amazon-1113803

giphy.gif
How are they gonna work Netflix's international rights into that?

I'm happy that Brooklyn 99 got picked up but then bummed that season 6 is only 13 episodes....

I have this on in the background all the time. Probably played each episode 5 times. Already watched season 5 twice.

Sucks that The Mick probably won’t be picked up. That show really surprised me. I know B99 would be picked up right away. My problem with shows on Fox is that they show an episode, then take a two week break, come back for two episodes, take another break. Stuff like that. Drives me crazy. At least Last Man on Earth is finally getting interesting again
Both got cancelled .. the mick and last man

Not really surprised the mick got cancelled, I am the only one I know who watched it.. even made a thread on here about it that got zero replies. Was good though

Didn’t know last Man got the axe too. Wtf?! Meanwhile there’s a trailer for a new comedy that looks super shitty. What does Fox even want?
yeah I just saw it did today.
http://deadline.com/2018/05/the-last-man-on-earth-cancelled-after-four-seasons-fox-1202381548/

apparently the ratings were very low this year
https://slate.com/culture/2018/05/t...-season-is-anyone-still-paying-attention.html

"
This season it averaged about 1.97 million viewers per airing, worse than every single show on any network other than the CW, with the exception of its Fox stablemates Brooklyn Nine-Nine, New Girl, and The Exorcist."

Not really surprised the mick got cancelled, I am the only one I know who watched it.. even made a thread on here about it that got zero replies. Was good though

It was basically Sweet Dee playing her same character. It wasn't great but it was better than a lot of other crap out there. I wish they would have kept it.

Just read Desig. Survivor canceled & 24 revival possible w/woman lead.

Regina King, Don Johnson, Tim Blake Nelson, Louis Gossett Jr., Adelaide Clemens and Andrew Howard to Star in WATCHMEN Pilot

A day after sharing a lengthy (and heartfelt) open letter about his approach to adapting Watchmen, Damon Lindelof and HBO have announced the star-studded cast of the drama pilot take on Alan Moore's beloved comic series.

The Leftovers grad Regina King will reunite with Lindelof on the HBO pilot and lead a cast that includes Don Johnson (Miami Vice), Tim Blake Nelson (O Brother, Where Art Thou?), Louis Gossett Jr. (An Officer and a Gentleman), Adelaide Clemens (Rectify) and Andrew Howard (Hatfields & McCoys).

Details about their respective characters are being kept under wraps.

Lindelof's take is set in an alternate history where "superheroes" are treated as outlaws. Watchmen embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel while attempting to break ground of its own.

Lindelof penned the pilot script and exec produces alongside Tom Spezialy and Nicole Kassell (Leftovers), the latter of whom will direct the pilot. The drama hails from Lindelof's White Rabbit banner and Warner Bros. Television.

King's credits include Netflix's one-and-done drama Seven Seconds; ABC's American Crime, on which she earned two Emmys; and TNT's Southland.

Johnson, whose Fox comedy pilot Daddy Issues remains in contention, counts Nash Bridges, Django Unchainedand Book Club among his credits. He most recently guest-starred on Fox's L.A. to Vegas.

Nelson next stars in Netflix's Coen brothers miniseries The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. His credits include Fantastic Four and Leaves of Grass.

Gossett's credits include his Oscar-winning supporting role in 1982's An Officer and a Gentleman as well as Sundance TV's Hap and Leonard, On Smoother Dirt, The Cuban and 1977's Roots. He's with Zero Gravity Management.

Clemens' credits include The Great Gatsby, HBO mini Parade's End, Rectify and Australia's Love My Way.

Howard counts The CW's Outpost, Crackle's The Oath, NBC's The Brave and History's Hatfields & McCoys among his credits. On the feature side, he has chalked up Taken 3, Limitless and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen,among others.

"Those original 12 issues [of Watchmen] are our Old Testament. When the New Testament came along, it did not erase what came before it. Creation. The Garden of Eden. Abraham and Isaac. The Flood. It all happened. And so it will be with Watchmen," Lindelof wrote this week. "The Comedian died. Dan and Laurie fell in love. Ozymandias saved the world and Dr. Manhattan left it just after blowing Rorschach to pieces in the bitter cold of Antarctica. To be clear. Watchmen is canon. … We are not making a 'sequel' either. This story will be set in the world its creators painstakingly built. … But in the tradition of the work that inspired it, this new story must be original. … Some of the characters will be unknown. New faces. New masks to cover them."

'Watchmen': Regina King, Don Johnson, Tim Blake Nelson to Star in Damon Lindelof's HBO Pilot

Regina King, Don Johnson, Tim Blake Nelson, Louis Gossett Jr., Adelaide Clemens and Andrew Howard to Star in WATCHMEN Pilot

A day after sharing a lengthy (and heartfelt) open letter about his approach to adapting Watchmen, Damon Lindelof and HBO have announced the star-studded cast of the drama pilot take on Alan Moore's beloved comic series.

The Leftovers grad Regina King will reunite with Lindelof on the HBO pilot and lead a cast that includes Don Johnson (Miami Vice), Tim Blake Nelson (O Brother, Where Art Thou?), Louis Gossett Jr. (An Officer and a Gentleman), Adelaide Clemens (Rectify) and Andrew Howard (Hatfields & McCoys).

Details about their respective characters are being kept under wraps.

Lindelof's take is set in an alternate history where "superheroes" are treated as outlaws. Watchmen embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel while attempting to break ground of its own.

Lindelof penned the pilot script and exec produces alongside Tom Spezialy and Nicole Kassell (Leftovers), the latter of whom will direct the pilot. The drama hails from Lindelof's White Rabbit banner and Warner Bros. Television.

King's credits include Netflix's one-and-done drama Seven Seconds; ABC's American Crime, on which she earned two Emmys; and TNT's Southland.

Johnson, whose Fox comedy pilot Daddy Issues remains in contention, counts Nash Bridges, Django Unchainedand Book Club among his credits. He most recently guest-starred on Fox's L.A. to Vegas.

Nelson next stars in Netflix's Coen brothers miniseries The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. His credits include Fantastic Four and Leaves of Grass.

Gossett's credits include his Oscar-winning supporting role in 1982's An Officer and a Gentleman as well as Sundance TV's Hap and Leonard, On Smoother Dirt, The Cuban and 1977's Roots. He's with Zero Gravity Management.

Clemens' credits include The Great Gatsby, HBO mini Parade's End, Rectify and Australia's Love My Way.

Howard counts The CW's Outpost, Crackle's The Oath, NBC's The Brave and History's Hatfields & McCoys among his credits. On the feature side, he has chalked up Taken 3, Limitless and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen,among others.

"Those original 12 issues [of Watchmen] are our Old Testament. When the New Testament came along, it did not erase what came before it. Creation. The Garden of Eden. Abraham and Isaac. The Flood. It all happened. And so it will be with Watchmen," Lindelof wrote this week. "The Comedian died. Dan and Laurie fell in love. Ozymandias saved the world and Dr. Manhattan left it just after blowing Rorschach to pieces in the bitter cold of Antarctica. To be clear. Watchmen is canon. … We are not making a 'sequel' either. This story will be set in the world its creators painstakingly built. … But in the tradition of the work that inspired it, this new story must be original. … Some of the characters will be unknown. New faces. New masks to cover them."

'Watchmen': Regina King, Don Johnson, Tim Blake Nelson to Star in Damon Lindelof's HBO Pilot
I'll watch it.

just started watching CROSSBOWS AND MUSTACHES, shorts done by the same WORKAHOLICS guys, pre-fame. funny stuff, love the special effects

also MAIL ORDER COMEDY is on youtube, and its the low budget WORKAHOLICS

I really enjoyed that show. Same with Last Man on Earth. All 3 of those fox shows were my favorite shows on network tv.

I really enjoyed that show. Same with Last Man on Earth. All 3 of those fox shows were my favorite shows on network tv.
yeah i liked the mick and last man also. Last man got screwed it would be off for months at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back