Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stifler's taking over from Clayne Crawford in Lethal Weapon, only not as Riggs. I don't think I've seen him do anything other than comedy.

Hope it is successful. I like Sean William Scott and feel like I haven’t seen him in much since Goon.

I watched the first season mainly for the eye candy. The CW-type of drama was too much for me and the two timeline format is just stale and annoying.

Really liked Dark Matter season one but the third season was just okay/average for me. One thing I will miss about Dark Matter being gone though is I can't make fun of it anymore.

1r4cde.jpg

1r4ba7.jpg

1r4bhq.jpg

1r4bmy.jpg

1r4bs5.jpg

1r4c5k.jpg

1r4c9x.jpg

1r4ccl.jpg

1r4ceq.jpg

Priyanka Chopra
giphy.gif

Marvel's AGENTS OF SHIELD Renewed for Abbreviated Sixth Season at ABC

XnriVDP.jpg

ABC's Agents will reassemble. The network has handed out an abbreviated 13-episode sixth-season renewal to Marvel's Clark Gregg comic book drama to Agents of SHIELD.

The series, which marked Marvel Television's first live-action scripted drama before the comic book powerhouse spread its wings to cable and streaming, had run 22 episodes a season for its first five runs and is nearing its endgame. A decision about a potential final season has not yet been determined for the perpetual bubble drama.

Last year at this time, the series from showrunners Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen negotiated a reduced licensing fee that helped secure a fifth-season pickup as ABC used the drama to establish a night of genre programming Friday.

Taking over the time slot previously occupied by Marvel's since-canceled big-swing Imax play The Inhumans, SHIELD has averaged a 1.2 in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic and nearly 4 million total viewers with seven days of delayed viewing as the drama, co-starring Ming Na and Chloe Bennet, remains a strong DVR performer (up 100 percent and 167 percent, respectively).

Still, SHIELD remains an international draw for ABC, producers ABC Studios and Marvel Television. This season, the drama featured a tie-in with Avengers: Infinity War as the show remains a distant cousin to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Giving the series a short order helps to maintain the relationship between Disney and corporate sibling Marvel.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...newed-abbreviated-sixth-season-at-abc-1110788

DOOM PATROL Live-Action Series from Greg Berlanti Set at DC Digital Service

hjNcgWH.jpg

Greg Berlanti is adding yet another series to TV record haul. DC Universe, the forthcoming subscription digital service from Warner Bros. Digital Networks, has handed out a 13-episode, straight-to-series order for a live-action scripted drama based on DC Comics' Doom Patrol.

Doom Patrol, based on the iconic DC Comics characters,will written by Supernatural's Jeremy Carver, who will exec produce alongside Berlanti — the prolific exec producer behind The CW's Arrow-verse — and DC Entertainment president Geoff Johns. Doom Patrol is Berlanti's fourth series order in the past two weeks, joining CBS' God Friended Me, Red Line and The CW's All American and his incredible 14th overall, adding to his impressive TV record.

Doom Patrol is described as a reimagining of one of DC's most beloved group of outcast superheroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane and led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). The Doom Patrol's members each suffered accidents that gave them superhuman abilities — but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence — and to protect Earth from what they find. Part support group, part superhero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them. The drama picks up after the events of Titans — which is also in the works at DC Universe and produced by Berlanti — Doom Patrol will find the reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by Cyborg, who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.

Doom Patrol hails from Warner Bros. Television and studio-based Berlanti Productions, with the latter company's Sarah Schechter set to exec produce alongside Berlanti, Johns and Carver. The drama is based on DC characters originally written and drawn by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani.

The Doom Patrol characters have previously been featured in animated series Teen Titans and Batman: The Brave and the Bold, with animated shorts of the heroes included in part of DC Nation Shorts. The Doom Patrol are poised to appear in the fifth episodes of Berlanti's DC Universe live-action drama Titans, with Bruno Bichir as The Chief; April Bowlby as Elasti-Girl, Jake Michaels as Robotman and Dwain Murphy as Negative Man.

Doom Patrol is the latest series in the works for DC Universe and joins straight-to-series live-action Superman prequel Metropolis; Titans; and a pair of animated series from Warner Bros. Animation, Harley Quinn and Young Justice: Outsiders. Alan Moore's beloved Swamp Thing is also in development for the DC digital service, which is poised to launch this year.

With the pickup, Berlanti has padded his TV record to 14 live-action scripted series — all dramas. Of those, 10 are on broadcast: The CW's All American, Arrow, Black Lightning, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Riverdale and Supergirl; NBC's Blindspot; CBS' God Friended Me and The Red Line; plus one at Netflix, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina; Lifetime's You; and DC Universe's Titans and Doom Patrol.

13-Episode Live-Action 'Doom Patrol' Straight-to-Series From Greg Berlanti Set at DC Digital Service

Sucks that The Mick probably won’t be picked up. That show really surprised me. I know B99 would be picked up right away. My problem with shows on Fox is that they show an episode, then take a two week break, come back for two episodes, take another break. Stuff like that. Drives me crazy. At least Last Man on Earth is finally getting interesting again

Netflix needs to make a Community movie. They have everyone from the show doing something with Netflix already, minus Glover. Chase as well but he’s dead in the show anyway.

This has to be one of the worst trailers i've seen, it pretty much gives away the whole series.

This has to be one of the worst trailers i've seen, it pretty much gives away the whole series.

I counter with a shadow government agency hunting the only foster kid in all of America.

I haven't seen the trailer but that's normal for a pilot trailer. It's usually a much longer trailer that gives away the entire pilot episode.

For years, Arrow has danced around references to the Dark Knight, a comic character seemingly forever out of reach to the CW/DC multiverse of shows. But no more—because the next crossover is heading to Gotham City, and meeting up with a familiar face: Batwoman herself.

Confirmed by Stephen Amell and CW CEO Mark Pedowitz on stage at the CW’s upfronts presentation today, this fall’s four-way crossover between Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl will take place in Gotham City. There was no confirmation on which Earth this Gotham is—Arrow recently alluded to the existence of Bruce Wayne and Gotham on its own Earth, but Supergirl has also made references acknowledging its existence on Earth-38. But we do know that at least one bat-hero will be there to meet the gang in the form of Batwoman herself.

OK, this is quite interesting.

The yearly crossover is usually a high point for these shows, and besides wondering about who they should cast as Batwoman, I'm really curious about what this means in terms of the crossover's Big Bad.

Which of Batman's Rogue's would merit assembling all the multiverse's heroes to fight?

Ra's al Ghul is the only one I can think of who would be a threat on that level but he has already been used on Arrow.

For years, Arrow has danced around references to the Dark Knight, a comic character seemingly forever out of reach to the CW/DC multiverse of shows. But no more—because the next crossover is heading to Gotham City, and meeting up with a familiar face: Batwoman herself.

Confirmed by Stephen Amell and CW CEO Mark Pedowitz on stage at the CW’s upfronts presentation today, this fall’s four-way crossover between Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl will take place in Gotham City. There was no confirmation on which Earth this Gotham is—Arrow recently alluded to the existence of Bruce Wayne and Gotham on its own Earth, but Supergirl has also made references acknowledging its existence on Earth-38. But we do know that at least one bat-hero will be there to meet the gang in the form of Batwoman herself.

OK, this is quite interesting.

The yearly crossover is usually a high point for these shows, and besides wondering about who they should cast as Batwoman, I'm really curious about what this means in terms of the crossover's Big Bad.

Which of Batman's Rogue's would merit assembling all the multiverse's heroes to fight?

Ra's al Ghul is the only one I can think of who would be a threat on that level but he has already been used on Arrow.
The crossover episodes is the only time I'llwatch super girl other than that that show is a hard pass for me. Tho This season I haven't been watching arrow or the flash. The one dhow I'm all caught up on is Legends of tomorrow the only DC tv show I've been keeping up with

I counter with a shadow government agency hunting the only foster kid in all of America.

I'm actually really excited for this. I knew they were making the book series into a TV show, but didn't know if was coming out so soon. The stuff in the trailer with Mark-Paul Gosselaar is only like a 1/3 of the first book. A vampire plague ends up wiping out all civilization, with the exception of a few isolated encampments. The story jumps 100 years and follows one of the last known encampments as their defences are starting to fail. The full story spans 1000 years, so it could be pretty epic if they pull it off.

I'm actually really excited for this. I knew they were making the book series into a TV show, but didn't know if was coming out so soon. The stuff in the trailer with Mark-Paul Gosselaar is only like a 1/3 of the first book. A vampire plague ends up wiping out all civilization, with the exception of a few isolated encampments. The story jumps 100 years and follows one of the last known encampments as their defences are starting to fail. The full story spans 1000 years, so it could be pretty epic if they pull it off.
Holy fuck

Thanks for that tidbit, the trailer is x10 more interesting knowing that. I caught a few key words before you mentioned how the book takes place over a 1000 years. I'm assuming that at least the girl and the chris pratt lookalike will become immortal. Se'll be normal but he'll end up a bit veiny and wonky if I had to guess.

Definitely on my watch list now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back