TV Show Thread v.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Last Man on Earth isn't very good, watched the first two episodes and I'm surprised this show was given the green light.

There was a reason the comic had a following and was optioned for a TV show. I was open minded, but... all they kept were the look of some of some of the characters and their names. Every thing else is different and not in an improved way. It even had a piss poor police procedural feel, imo. Thank God Triphammer wasn't in this episode, j don't think I could have given such a kind review if he was in it.

One of the things I really didn't like about the show was how it felt like a fan-made film. The set designs were very bland and the camera work was just meh.

As for the episode itself, it was okay for me. If Wolf is that dangerous of a super villain, it would be more practical and logical for the government to just execute him rather than imprison him.

But the best part of it all was seeing a glimpse of Sherdog's GOAT superhero, Triphammer.

One of the things I really didn't like about the show was how it felt like a fan-made film. The set designs were very bland and the camera work was just meh.

As for the episode itself, it was okay for me. If Wolf is that dangerous of a super villain, it would be more practical and logical for the government to just execute him rather than imprison him.

But the best part of it all was seeing a glimpse of Sherdog's GOAT superhero, Triphammer.

I might ask you for a name change to Triphammer before this season is over.

Lucy Lawless to Co-Star in Starz's ASH VS. EVIL DEAD Series

Lucy-Lawless-Evil-Dead-Dragonlord.jpg

Starz is staging a Xena and Spartacus reunion. The premium cable network has tapped Lucy Lawless to co-star in its Evil Dead sequel, Ash vs. Evil Dead, Starz announced Monday. The casting, which brings the actress back to the Starz fold, reunites Lawless with Ash producers Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert on after previously teaming on Xena: Warrior Princess and Spartacus as well as features Spider-Man and Boogeyman.

Bruce Campbell will reprise his role as the title character Ash, a stock boy, aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the past three decades avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead. When a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons

Lauren German Cast as the Female Lead in Fox's LUCIFER Pilot

Lauren-German-Lucifer-Dragonlord.jpg

Lucifer has found his leading lady. Chicago Fire‘s Lauren German will play a homicide detective entranced (and disgusted) by the Dark Prince in Fox’s DC Comics drama pilot, Deadline reports.

In the potential series, German’s Chloe Dancer works for the Los Angeles Police Department and teams up with Lucifer (played by Rush‘s Tom Ellis), who has abandoned Hell and chosen to help L.A.’s finest apprehend and punish criminals. Their partnership causes the Lord of the Underworld to wonder at Chloe’s inherent goodness, which in turn causes him to think humanity might not be so bad after all.

The pilot was penned by Californication creator Tom Kapinos, who will exec-produce alongside Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Sleepy Hollow EP Len Wiseman (also the pilot’s director). In addition to her tragically ended stint on Chicago Fire, German’s TV credits include Hawaii Five-0 and Memphis Beat.

'Chicago Fire' Actress Lauren German to Co-Star Opposite Tom Ellis in 'Lucifer' Pilot

Heads up, The Returned looks legit. I suggest everyone at least see the pilot. The visual artistry alone are worth the time.

The Last Man on Earth isn't very good, watched the first two episodes and I'm surprised this show was given the green light.

We liked it so far...two episodes in its pretty entertaining, but it feels precarious.

There was a reason the comic had a following and was optioned for a TV show. I was open minded, but... all they kept were the look of some of some of the characters and their names. Every thing else is different and not in an improved way. It even had a piss poor police procedural feel, imo. Thank God Triphammer wasn't in this episode, j don't think I could have given such a kind review if he was in it.
He is in the third episode i am watching now i take it he looks more bad ass in the cosmic then he does on this show

Hopefully NBC will release the unaired episodes if there are some.

Mob City was so underrated.
They could air it on USA, I think they could bump a few Law & Order: SVU reruns.

On a side note, why doesn't USA rerun any of their original series, afaik outside of a couple of Burn Notice episodes they show early in the morning once or twice a week they only air episodes of current series. The rest of their programming is L&O:SVU, L&O:CI, NCIS, CSI and Modern Family.

Started amazing race season 25.i loved this show before, not sure why it fell off the radar.

Interesting to see the one armed surfer girl climb ropes like that. Didn't expect it.

Also never help anyone on the race lol.

The black mother - daughter taught the wrestler to read the compass and they ended up with the treasure chest first.

Never deserved to be an entire show on its own. I saw the first episode, disliked it.
The main character was disgusting imo, lot of bathroom, hygiene related jokes of. Pretty juvenile.

Started amazing race season 25.i loved this show before, not sure why it fell off the radar.

Interesting to see the one armed surfer girl climb ropes like that. Didn't expect it.

Also never help anyone on the race lol.

The black mother - daughter taught the wrestler to read the compass and they ended up with the treasure chest first.

What a coincidence. I also started watching Amazing Race again starting with season 25. I think I stopped watching it years ago because the contestants were kinda bland and sometimes there were no drama.

What do you think of the dentist? I always joke with my family that he looks like a psycho serial killer and that he's going to kill them all in his inner monologue. But he is really a great guy.

What a coincidence. I also started watching Amazing Race again starting with season 25. I think I stopped watching it years ago because the contestants were kinda bland and sometimes there were no drama.

What do you think of the dentist? I always joke with my family that he looks like a psycho serial killer and that he's going to kill them all in his inner monologue. But he is really a great guy.

Yeah all episodes aren't equal and the people are really critical to making the season a success.
I thought he was going to be a dumb jock kind of guy.

Turns out he's really smart.

I'm picking them to win btw.

Edit :the product placement is crazy. They were shoving that Ford hybrid Down our throats in episode 4.

Nice that they gave away 2 though.

Last edited:
First Official Images of the Sand Snakes in GAME OF THRONES

HBO has released the first official photos of the Sand Snakes, the bastard daughters of Oberyn Martell, appearing in Game of Thrones Season 5. Obara (Keisha Castle-Hughes) is the eldest Sand Snake, and wields a spear. Nymeria (Jessica Henwick) is the middle sister, who fights with a bullwhip. Tyene (Rosabell Laurenti Sellers) is the youngest, and dual wields daggers.

Arya's New Look for GAME OF THRONES Season 5 Revealed

Game of Thrones fans have just received their first good look at Arya Stark

What the heck, wasn't Tyene Sand the blonde religious chick?

Why they hurt me so...

BTW, Arya looks like the could be in Penny Dreadful. Way too chic for a clam seller.

Why they hurt me so...

BTW, Arya looks like the could be in Penny Dreadful. Way too chic for a clam seller.

At least she gets to switch up her costume after two seasons of wearing the shit she was wearing when she got abducted by the Lannisters and taken to Haranhaal.

Why they hurt me so...

You are correct, Tyene Sand is described as fair, with blue eyes and golden hair. I guess Hollywood ran out of blonde actresses.

You are correct, Tyene Sand is described as fair, with blue eyes and golden hair. I guess Hollywood ran out of blonde actresses.

I think it has more to do with the fact that...
...they've apparently made Tyene the daugther of Ellaria Sand.

If I understand correctly, they seem to have cut Arianne from the story and given her role as war-monger/conspirator to Ellaria. That's why they made the youngest Sand Snake her daugther.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back