TV Show Thread v.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's a good plan. Like most comic/superhero stuff I'm gonna watch it wanting to like it. As long as it has some semblance of narrative and harmony and has all the cool powers I'll probably be able to enjoy it on some level.

Trailer looked pretty good, had a lot of sfx shots.

It's like the Walking Dead. I can get over it not being "right" as long as it's good.

After all, the show doesn't really diminish the comic when they're independent entities.

Ahh its 1 per week just like regular TV. They should do it all at one time like Netflix, you know, just to appease me.

Meanwhile The Last Man on Earth starring Will Forte on Fox has been very underwhelming. It had a lot of potential but it's not at all what I thought it was gonna be. I was expecting it to be the antics a person could get into being the only person left on earth but on the first episode they already introduced another character.
I'm liking the show so far. I'm glad they introduced another character because his antics was getting a little stale by the end of the first episode.

Based on the story so far and female casting, I think the show is a bit similar to Y: The Last Man on Earth where Phil will technically be the only male character alive on the show with a few female characters running around.

Watched Powers.

What did you think about the first episode?

I'm still trying to decide if I like Better Call Saul... 6 episodes in and I don't know if I like the show because I miss Breaking Bad or not.. Reallly hoping it picks up in the last 4 episodes of season number 1.

I'm halfway through Powers, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised. It's looking pretty decent. I'm also surprised that Calista's played by a 28 year old :eek:

Hope the other two released eps find their way online, as my PS3 is out of action.

I'm halfway through Powers, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised. It's looking pretty decent. I'm also surprised that Calista's played by a 28 year old :eek:

Hope the other two released eps find their way online, as my PS3 is out of action.

Iirc at one point in time they had another very young looking actress for that role. Can't remember if it was the fx one or this one. Erin Way. She was in Alphas. I wish that show didn't end on a cliffhanger.

Just finished the first season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. Really flamboyant gay men have always cracked me up, like Nathan Lane in The Birdcage, and the Titus character does the same.

7.5/10

Meanwhile The Last Man on Earth starring Will Forte on Fox has been very underwhelming. It had a lot of potential but it's not at all what I thought it was gonna be. I was expecting it to be the antics a person could get into being the only person left on earth but on the first episode they already introduced another character.
I feel the same way about The Last Man on Earth. I thought it would actually be about him being the last man, traveling around looking for people, deciding to take stuff, doing crazy shit. They pretty much got the traveling & taking stuff over in 10 minutes without any fun.
They could have at least waited a few episodes before introducing a 2nd person.
Now we have a romantic comedy type show. And they introduced a 3rd character at the end of Sunday's episode.

Iirc at one point in time they had another very young looking actress for that role. Can't remember if it was the fx one or this one. Erin Way. She was in Alphas. I wish that show didn't end on a cliffhanger.

Only a year between them. I figured Oleysa was older than she looked, but not that much older. If she's lucky, she'll be able to get away with that for years, something most girls like the sound of.

And it sucks Allegiance was cancelled so quickly. That was one of the few big network shows I was watching.

watching the second episode of The Last Man On Earth

I'm in favour of cliffhangers only if the show's guaranteed another season. If not, don't fucking do it. Longmire's the latest one to fall foul of that, although that's at least been rescued by Netflix, even if just for one more season.

What did you think about the first episode?

There was a reason the comic had a following and was optioned for a TV show. I was open minded, but... all they kept were the look of some of some of the characters and their names. Every thing else is different and not in an improved way. It even had a piss poor police procedural feel, imo. Thank God Triphammer wasn't in this episode, j don't think I could have given such a kind review if he was in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back