Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the season 2 premiere of The Shannara Chronicles. I forgot what happened at the end of season one. I kept on waiting for the head demon to show up but I guess he was taken care of at the season finale. Still don't understand why I keep on watching this. Yeah I do - Ivana Baquero. She's just stunning every time she's on screen.

o19LbKT.jpg

Thanks for reminding me. I forgot about that show.

Let the hatewatching continue!

BIG HERO 6's Ryan Potter Cast as Beast Boy in TITANS Live-Action Series

nQC4K2v.jpg

Ryan Potter (Big Hero 6) has been cast as a lead opposite Brenton Thwaites, Anna Diop and Teagan Croft in the new live-action series Titans, from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV. The series is slated to premiere in 2018 as part of the inaugural slate of a new DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service. Potter will play the series regular role of Garfield “Gar” Logan (aka Beast Boy).

Written by Goldsman, DC Entertainment’s Johns and Berlanti, Titans follows a group of young soon-to-be superheroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In the action-adventure series, Dick Grayson (Thwaites) emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes that includes Starfire (Diop), Raven (Croft) and others.

As a child, Potter’s Garfield “Gar” Logan contracted the lethal disease, Sakutia, while on an African expedition with his geneticist parents. Treated with an experimental drug, Gar survived but not without developing some bizarre side effects. Along with skin and hair turning permanently green, the wisecracking, fun-loving Beast Boy is able to reshape himself into any animal of any size he can imagine.

In addition to the core Titans quartet, the series also cast Alan Ritchson and Minka Kelly as recurring, playing superhero duo Hawk & Dove, with an option to become regulars in Season 2 and possibly headline a potential spinoff series down the road.

‘Titans’: Ryan Potter Cast As Beast Boy In Live-Action Series For DC Digital Service

Mindhunter

Watched the first two episodes and I like it. I love how they managed to insert some subtle humor in there despite the subject matter.

I especially love the fact that David Fincher finally paid the electricity bills and he isn't filming it during a solar eclipse.

2nd Trailer for THE PUNISHER; Premieres November 17 on Netflix

Known throughout New York City as The Punisher, Frank Castle must discover the truth about injustices that affect more than his family alone. Marvel's The Punisher premieres globally November 17, only on Netflix.

New Trailer for Amazon Prime's JEAN-CLAUDE VAN JOHNSON, Premieres Dec. 15

Jean-Claude Van Johnson stars global martial arts & film sensation Jean-Claude Van Damme playing "Jean-Claude Van Damme," a global martial arts & film sensation, also operating under the simple alias of "Johnson" as the world's most dangerous undercover operative. Unhappily retired, a chance encounter lures him back into the game, forcing him to confront the greatest enemy he’s ever faced. Premieres on Amazon Prime December 15.

Why is Superstore on the air? What is the draw and who watches it? I was waiting for the game to start and watched it and I see no humor or nothing interesting in it at all.

Why is Superstore on the air? What is the draw and who watches it? I was waiting for the game to start and watched it and I see no humor or nothing interesting in it at all.
I watch it. Garrett aka guy in the wheelchair is the main reason.

It's a pretty standard work place comedy. If it got cancelled I wouldn't be upset about it.

binged watched shut eye on hulu. Are we supposed to side with the main character because he's now realizing how much of a scumbag he is? his wife won't give it up and is cheating on him and then hides the, well i don't want to spoiler too much. i'm not a fan of these type of shows where the main character is hard to get behind.

I'm a big fan.

It isn't brilliant comedy but I enjoy the characters and it makes me laugh.

Yeah i guess calling it a comedy isnt quit accurate. It is a drama with a lot of humor in it,

I can’t say I’ve ever seen SFU, but this show kind of reminds me of the show runners movie, Crazy Stupid Love, mixed with Modern Family (very marginally tho) and some kind of heavy emotional family drama type show (which SFU might fall under categorically)

The show does a tremendous job at making you empathize with eachh character... like no decision goes without a background or a rationale that goes unexplained, the context of how and why each character is the way they are is laid bare in every episode so each episodes plot and the way our leads act, feels incredibly authentic (save for the patriarch of the family, who is too much super-dad to be real)

A lot of family tv shows lose my interest pretty quick, but ai genuinely feel attached to everyone in this show due to how much I empathize with them...

But jesus like I said, episode 16 actually destroyed me as a person. I dont think I’ve had a heavy emotional breakdown like that in years...

The show has many different family/relationship/dynamic issues that will pull at someones heartstrings each episode, because the relationships between each character on the show feel eerily relatable

This song was the high point of the season for me. It's hauntingly beautiful, and it was such a powerful scene.

I've been listening to it over and over, it's one of the saddest songs ever recorded, especially if you know the history of Jackson C. Frank.

Last edited:
I'm fanboying on Jordan Fisher right now after his amazing performance on DWTS Disney Night. He danced to his own Moana song and he was even better than his pro partner in the breakdown. I already know he's a good singer from his previous TV stints, but I didn't know how great he was until this week. The dude can reach insane high notes like a dolphin.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Renewed for a Second Season on CBS All Access

6Doc8cB.jpg

Star Trek: Discovery is going to live long and prosper on CBS All Access.

The network's subscription video-on-demand platform has renewed Star Trek: Discovery for a second season.

"In just six episodes, Star Trek: Discovery has driven subscriber growth, critical acclaim and huge global fan interest for the first premium version of this great franchise,” said Marc DeBevoise, president and CEO at CBS Interactive. "This series has a remarkable creative team and cast who have demonstrated their ability to carry on the Star Trek legacy. We are extremely proud of what they’ve accomplished and are thrilled to be bringing fans a second season of this tremendous series."

The Star Trek: Discovery premiere set a new record for subscriber sign-ups in a single day, week and month for CBS All Access.

The new incarnation of the storied franchise had a challenging two-year road to the screen. Originally slated to premiere in January 2017, the drama starring The Walking Dead grad Sonequa Martin-Green was delayed to May. And then showrunner Bryan Fuller — who grew up as a Trekkie — exited the series to focus on his Starz show American Gods, with longtime collaborators Gretchen J. Berg and Aaron Harberts taking over after the Hannibal creator broke the season-one outline. Recognizing the scope of the show, Kurtzman went to CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves with a big ask: to delay the massive undertaking a second time. The drama wound up launching Sept. 24, with its premiere on CBS before moving to CBS All Access in week two.

The SVOD service, perhaps in response to Discovery's delays, split the 16-episode season-one order in half. The first half concludes Nov. 12, with the remaining six episodes returning weekly starting in January.

While CBS All Access has yet to determine a return date (or episode count) for season two, executive producer Alex Kurtzman — in a nod to the show's challenging path to the screen — told The Hollywood Reporter ahead of its premiere that a sophomore run would "ideally" return "on the early side of 2019." Kurtzman noted that every episode takes three to four months, including production and VFX. (Production on the season-one finale was underway when the show premiered, for example.)

'Star Trek: Discovery' Renewed for Season 2 on CBS All Access

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Renewed for a Second Season on CBS All Access

6Doc8cB.jpg

Star Trek: Discovery is going to live long and prosper on CBS All Access.

The network's subscription video-on-demand platform has renewed Star Trek: Discovery for a second season.

"In just six episodes, Star Trek: Discovery has driven subscriber growth, critical acclaim and huge global fan interest for the first premium version of this great franchise,” said Marc DeBevoise, president and CEO at CBS Interactive. "This series has a remarkable creative team and cast who have demonstrated their ability to carry on the Star Trek legacy. We are extremely proud of what they’ve accomplished and are thrilled to be bringing fans a second season of this tremendous series."

The Star Trek: Discovery premiere set a new record for subscriber sign-ups in a single day, week and month for CBS All Access.

The new incarnation of the storied franchise had a challenging two-year road to the screen. Originally slated to premiere in January 2017, the drama starring The Walking Dead grad Sonequa Martin-Green was delayed to May. And then showrunner Bryan Fuller — who grew up as a Trekkie — exited the series to focus on his Starz show American Gods, with longtime collaborators Gretchen J. Berg and Aaron Harberts taking over after the Hannibal creator broke the season-one outline. Recognizing the scope of the show, Kurtzman went to CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves with a big ask: to delay the massive undertaking a second time. The drama wound up launching Sept. 24, with its premiere on CBS before moving to CBS All Access in week two.

The SVOD service, perhaps in response to Discovery's delays, split the 16-episode season-one order in half. The first half concludes Nov. 12, with the remaining six episodes returning weekly starting in January.

While CBS All Access has yet to determine a return date (or episode count) for season two, executive producer Alex Kurtzman — in a nod to the show's challenging path to the screen — told The Hollywood Reporter ahead of its premiere that a sophomore run would "ideally" return "on the early side of 2019." Kurtzman noted that every episode takes three to four months, including production and VFX. (Production on the season-one finale was underway when the show premiered, for example.)

'Star Trek: Discovery' Renewed for Season 2 on CBS All Access

After the terrible first episode, I never bothered to check out the next ones.

Started watching Brooklyn 99. Funny stuff.

Does Amy ever become more interesting? Because she is far and away the weak link on the show.

Does Amy ever become more interesting? Because she is far and away the weak link on the show.
Yep, B99 is hilarious.

Amy does become more interesting as she is given a more flawed, eccentric personality as the episodes/seasons go by.

ZOO Cancelled at CBS After Three Seasons

BviSYnZ.png

CBS is closing its Zoo. The network has opted to cancel the summer scripted drama series starring James Wolk after three seasons.

Produced in-house at CBS Television Studios, the show was based on the best-seller by author/executive producer James Patterson about a wave of violent animal attacks against humans. Zoo was one of the network's pricey scripted series that used the business model created by Under the Dome where Netflix signed a deal with CBS Television Studios to stream the show after its seasons were completed. The model created the ability to do expensive scripted series in the typically little-watched summer months as the show was profitable off the bat thanks to the Netflix pact.

Zoo averaged 2.65 million viewers in its third season, down nearly 2 million viewers from season two, which averaged 4.45 million viewers. In the demo, the Sept. 21 season three finale drew a 0.5 rating among adults 18-49, even from the season three opener but down two-tenths from the season two finale.

Zoo is the longest-running original summer scripted drama on CBS. The decision to cancel the series comes after the network renewed the Alex Kurtzman-produced summer drama Salvation for a sophomore run. That series landed an SVOD deal with Amazon, helping to make the low-rated thriller financially viable for another season. Salvation and Zoo were the lone scripted series to air on CBS this past summer.

Zoo, which was ordered straight to series in July 2014, was produced by Jeff Pinkner (Fringe), Josh Appelbaum (Life on Mars, Star-Crossed), Andre Nemec (Star-Crossed) and Scott Rosenberg (Life on Mars). The four executive produced alongside James Mangold (Walk the Line), Cathy Konrad (Girl, Interrupted), Patterson, Bill Robinson, Leopoldo Gout and Steve Bowen.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/zoo-canceled-at-cbs-3-seasons-1051252

Has anyone checked out Star Trek Discovery?

I know the anti-SJW crowd wrote it off before it even started, but it's got some good actors in it. Even if the material given isn't the best, I can't imagine that they wouldn't put forth a good effort.

I'm trying to find some time to devote to sitting down and binging it with the fam.

Amy actually does become more interesting as the show goes on.

Has anyone checked out Star Trek Discovery?

I know the anti-SJW crowd wrote it off before it even started, but it's got some good actors in it. Even if the material given isn't the best, I can't imagine that they wouldn't put forth a good effort.
Loved Star Trek: Discovery. It's one of my favorite new shows. There are a few quality control issues but not enough to detract my enjoyment of it. Terrific production values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back