Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good first episode of The Gifted. When they announced the premise back in January, I initially thought it was not that interesting. But they did a great job, I was totally invested in the family. They also did an excellent job of not dragging it out. Other shows would have waited until episode 2 or 3 before the Sentinel Services came to their houses.

Since giant robots are out of the question due to budgetary reasons, I like their version of Sentinels. The robot spiders were cool and intimidating. The whole sequence of them being chased by those things were well done.

The X-Men animated series theme song Easter Egg was nice. Wished Stan Lee's cameo had more meat than just a passerby with no lines.

The Gifted is off to a great start and I hope the rest of the season is as good as the pilot.

c1KGmek.jpg
natalie-alyn-lind.jpg

heart-1288420__340.jpg

Very good first episode of The Gifted. When they announced the premise back in January, I initially thought it was not that interesting. But they did a great job, I was totally invested in the family. They also did an excellent job of not dragging it out. Other shows would have waited until episode 2 or 3 before the Sentinel Services came to their houses.

Since giant robots are out of the question due to budgetary reasons, I like their version of Sentinels. The robot spiders were cool and intimidating. The whole sequence of them being chased by those things were well done.

The X-Men animated series theme song Easter Egg was nice. Wished Stan Lee's cameo had more meat than just a passerby with no lines.

The Gifted is off to a great start and I hope the rest of the season is as good as the pilot.

c1KGmek.jpg
Glad to hear it, was on the fence on whether to check it out.

Will do now.

I felt the same. It definitely felt like there was far more talking than action.

It may have to do with the extra episodes. They probably had the same amount of fighting spread over 10 episodes instead of 6.

Just to be nitpicky, she didn't turn 18 until 2 months after the first season wrapped filming so you may want to temper you enthusiasm just a tad. ;)

She's legal now!

Anyone watch Bull last night? Another moral question as to who has the right to chose what happens to them.

Anyone watch Bull last night? Another moral question as to who has the right to chose what happens to them.

I haven't seen this show at all.

The initial trailers looked bad and I stayed away.

Was I wrong? Is it good?

I couldn't finish The Gifted. Just found the writing to be generic and predictable and the acting really bad. Sucks because I wanted to like it.

Looks like Punisher has been pulled from NYCC not totally unexpected considering the circumstances.

Let's pray they still release it this year.

Looks like Punisher has been pulled from NYCC not totally unexpected considering the circumstances.

Let's pray they still release it this year.
I think The Punisher will premiere in November.

Catching up on the last season of Fresh of the Boat. Constance Wu is that special blend of being very attractive while still looking like a believable suburban mom.

Catching up on the last season of Fresh of the Boat. Constance Wu is that special blend of being very attractive while still looking like a believable suburban mom.
Eddie had a growth spurt in the latest season. Good for him, most child actors tend to grow up short.

So happy the show is back. Was hoping Michael Bolton would stick around more. Hope they can get the real Kenny Rogers to appear now that he is part of the storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back