TV Show Thread (Witchblade Reboot in the Works; Snatch Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta Season 2 Delayed Until 2018

raw

Teaser Trailer for SNATCH; Streams Free on Crackle March 16

The cult classic film Snatch is now a high-stakes, high-octane Crackle Original Series. Get in on the action, gangster mentality, heists and rapid-fire dialogue that earned the original movie a shite-load of fans. Snatch streams free on Crackle March 16.

Starring Rupert Grint (Harry Potter films), Luke Pasqualino (Battlestar Gallactica: Blood & Chrome), Lucien Laviscourt, Marc Warren, Stephanie Leonidas, Phoebe Dynevor, Juliet Aubrey, Tamer Hassan, Dougray Scott (Mission: Impossible III) and Ed Westwick (Gossip Girl).

A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS

Watched the first episode. It's amusing and the cast is great. But I'm constantly frustrated with how the kids just don't run away or tell the Judge about the abuse or horrible living conditions.

Also don't like the idea of Lemony Snicket (Patrick Warburton) as the physical narrator since it takes me out of the story seeing him pop up every time.

asoue_101_unit_7996_r_crop_wide-9ac3c8de547121913bca67c6067876ac5a8aedda-s900-c85.jpg

The cult classic film Snatch is now a high-stakes, high-octane Crackle Original Series. Get in on the action, gangster mentality, heists and rapid-fire dialogue that earned the original movie a shite-load of fans. Snatch streams free on Crackle March 16.

Starring Rupert Grint (Harry Potter films), Luke Pasqualino (Battlestar Gallactica: Blood & Chrome), Lucien Laviscourt, Marc Warren, Stephanie Leonidas, Phoebe Dynevor, Juliet Aubrey, Tamer Hassan, Dougray Scott (Mission: Impossible III) and Ed Westwick (Gossip Girl).

I'll reserve judgement until I see it, but it might work. A lot of the characters in that movie were complete morons with no idea of what they were doing, and I get the same vibe from this trailer.

A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS

Watched the first episode. It's amusing and the cast is great. But I'm constantly frustrated with how the kids just don't run away or tell the Judge about the abuse or horrible living conditions.

Also don't like the idea of Lemony Snicket (Patrick Warburton) as the physical narrator since it takes me out of the story seeing him pop up every time.

asoue_101_unit_7996_r_crop_wide-9ac3c8de547121913bca67c6067876ac5a8aedda-s900-c85.jpg

Just finished the season, it was moderately amusing.

It did let me create a gif I'm wildly excited for the opportunity to use (not really a spoiler)

bim5b9.gif

Should I bother?

Well, NPH was pretty awesome, so sure. The second you get tired of the three kids extricating themselves from bad situations, stop watching, that's the show, over and over. It's hard for me to say. My initial comment was a bit blase, but I did enjoy it. It's my flavor of eccentric.

I'm having trouble seeing potential applications for it.

bim5b9.gif

db917b65dc76c5f49aeee9365b8b7ef246059e25a173582da40969fd784b1bce.jpg

Where are the original characters?

Well, NPH was pretty awesome, so sure. The second you get tired of the three kids extricating themselves from bad situations, stop watching, that's the show, over and over. It's hard for me to say. My initial comment was a bit blase, but I did enjoy it. It's my flavor of eccentric.
Well, when you initially say stuff like "it was mildly amusing" it isn't the most glowing of recommendations.

You gotta gimme some more meat there. Unless....

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400_zps9oujiw33.gif

Well, when you initially say stuff like "it was mildly amusing" it isn't the most glowing of recommendations.

You gotta gimme some more meat there. Unless....

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400_zps9oujiw33.gif

It's quite eccentric.

It has an audience, but it's hard to recommend.

I laughed quite a few times, but in a month, I will remember almost nothing about it.

OK, I doubt anyone was expecting ANYTHING from The Mick, but it's really, really bad.

Just finished the season, it was moderately amusing.

It did let me create a gif I'm wildly excited for the opportunity to use (not really a spoiler)

bim5b9.gif
Again, we are on the same page, this time with A Series of Unfortunate Events. The show is amusing but also equally infuriating.

Stopped watching episode 2 after the first few minutes due to being frustrated with how stupid and incompetent the normal people were. In this instance, I'm talking about the banker. Will probably continue watching it later.

I've glanced some of the critics' reviews and they're praising the show and how the show got it right better than the movie did. I thought the movie was okay. I haven't read the books but I didn't notice that much of a big difference between the movie version and TV show. Both have this oddball Tim Burton-esque aesthetics, vibe and sensibilities. The show also reminds me a little of Pushing Daisies.

Update: January 14, 2017

Alan Tudyk Plays Batman's Cousin in New POWERLESS Promos

This show won't last long.
It doesn't really inspire confidence when they changed the premise of the show after they already shot the pilot.

The show's initial premise was about an insurance company dealing with the fallout of superhero battles.

Update: May 19, 2016

First Trailer for POWERLESS Starring Vanessa Hudgens

Also, does the girl playing Violet remind anyone else of a young Danielle Harris.

Also, does the girl playing Violet remind anyone else of a young Danielle Harris.
I was thinking the same thing also.

I think I've seen the Violet actress before. Googled it and yup, she's young Kara Zor-El in Supergirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back