TV Show Thread (Witchblade Reboot in the Works; Snatch Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
TV Show Thread vol. 13

Welcome. This thread is for TV show news and discussion. Feel free to talk about your favorite shows in here as we have a lot of TV buffs who regularly post in here. You could also check in to see or ask around what new shows to watch or if they're good or not.

Tip: If you want to read the post relating to the thread title, go to the last page or use the "Search" function (magnifying glass icon on the upper right corner) because sometimes that particular post will get buried under all the news and discussion.

Link to previous thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/121242231/

The Last Ship is one of the most entertaining action-drama series on television right now. If you haven't seen it, binge watch it ASAP.

TNT Renews THE LAST SHIP for Season 5 with 10 Episodes

the-last-ship.png

The Last Ship’s journey will continue on TNT for another season. The Turner network renewed the drama, starring Eric Dane, for a fifth season on Thursday. The show was just picked up for Season 4 in July at the Television Critics Association’s Summer Press Tour. Each season will consist of 10 episodes.

According to TNT, The Last Ship is one of basic cable’s Top 10 summer dramas among adults 18-49, reaching an average of 7.1 million viewers per episode across multiple platforms.

Based on William Brinkley’s novel, the series follows the Navy destroyer U.S.S. Nathan James as its captain Tom Chandler (Dane) and crew navigate life following a global catastrophe that nearly kills off the world’s population.

The Last Ship also stars Adam Baldwin and Bridget Regan. Charles Parnell, Travis Van Winkle, Marissa Neitling, Christina Elmore, Jocko Sims, Bren Foster, and Kevin Michael Martin had recurring roles in Season 3, which concludes this Sunday.

‘The Last Ship’ Renewed for Season 5 at TNT After Being Picked Up for Season 4 in July

Fall TV Premiere Guide: Everything to Know About the New Broadcast Shows

LETHAL WEAPON (Fox)

Premieres: Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 8 p.m.

Cast: Damon Wayans Sr., Clayne Crawford, Jordana Brewster, Keesha Sharp Golden Brooks, Kevin Rahm, Chandler Kinney, Johnathan Fernandez, Dante Brown

Premise: Based on the feature film of the same name. When Texas cop and former Navy SEAL Martin Riggs (Crawford) suffers the loss of his wife and baby, he moves to Los Angeles to start anew. There, he gets partnered with LAPD detective Roger Murtaugh (Wayans Sr.), who, having recently suffered a "minor" heart attack, must avoid any stress in his life.

PITCH (Fox)

Premieres: Thursday, Sept. 22 at 9 p.m.

Cast: Kylie Bunbury, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Ali Larter, Mark Consuelos, Dan Lauria, Mo McRae, Meagan Holder, Tim Jo

Premise: A young female pitcher defies the odds when she becomes the first woman to play in the major leagues.

THE EXORCIST (Fox)

Premieres: Friday, Sept. 23 at 9 p.m.

Cast: Geena Davis, Alfonso Herrera, Ben Daniels, Brianne Howey, Hannah Kasulka, Kurt Egyiawan, Alan Ruck

Premise: A modern reinvention inspired by William Blatty’s 1971 book, the drama is a propulsive, serialized psychological thriller following two very different men tackling one family’s case of horrifying demonic possession, and confronting the face of true evil.

SON OF ZORN (Fox)

Premieres: Sunday, Sept. 25 at 8:30 p.m.

Cast: Jason Sudeikis, Cheryl Hines, Tim Meadows, Artemis Pebdani, Johnny Pemberton

Team: Phil Lord, Chris Miller, Reed Agnew, Eli Jorne, Eric Appel, Sally Bradford McKenna

Premise: An animated Barbarian father comes home for the first time in 10 years to his live-action son and ex-wife. He finds that reconnecting with his family, struggling through his mundane office job and dealing with the banality of suburban life is much harder than waging actual war in his distant, animated world.

DESIGNATED SURVIVOR (ABC)

Premieres: Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 10 p.m.

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland, Natasha McElhone, Maggie Q, Kal Penn, Italia Ricci, Adan Canto, LaMonica Garrett

Premise: A lower-level U.S. cabinet member (Sutherland) is suddenly appointed president after a catastrophic attack during the State of the Union kills everyone above him in the presidential line of succession. The series is described as a family drama wrapped around a conspiracy thriller about an ordinary man in an extraordinary situation.

SPEECHLESS (ABC)

Premieres: Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 8:30 p.m.

Cast: Minnie Driver, John Ross Bowie, Micah Fowler, Cedric Yarborough, Mason Cook, Micah Fowler, Kyla Kennedy

Premise: A family with a special-needs child is good at dealing with the challenges it faces and excellent at creating new ones.

NOTORIOUS (ABC)

Cast: Daniel Sunjata, Piper Perabo, Kate Jennings Grant, Aimee Teegarden, J. August Richards, Sepideh Moafi, Ryan Guzman, Kevin Zegers

Premise: Inspired by the true-life stories of famed criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos and cable news producer Wendy Walker, the drama is a provocative look at the unique, sexy and dangerous interplay of criminal law and the media.

CONVICTION (ABC)

Premieres: Monday, Oct. 3 at 10 p.m.

Cast: Hayley Atwell, Eddie Cahill, Shawn Ashmore, Emily Kinney, Manny Montana, Merrin Dungey, Daniel Franzese

Premise: Tells the story of Carter Morrison (Carter), the brilliant but ne'er-do-well daughter of a former president, who is blackmailed into taking a job as the head of Los Angeles' newly created Conviction Integrity Unit. She, along with her team of lawyers, investigators and forensic experts, work together to examine cases where there's credible suspicion that the wrong person may have been convicted of a crime.

AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE (ABC)

Premieres: Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 8:30 p.m.

Cast: Katy Mixon, Diedrich Bader, Daniel DiMaggio, Carly Hughes, Ali Wong, Julia Butter, Meg Donnelly

Premise: A family comedy narrated by Katie, a strong-willed mother raising her flawed family in a wealthy town filled with "perfect" wives and their "perfect" offspring.

TIMELESS (NBC)

Premieres: Monday, Oct. 3 at 10 p.m.

Cast: Matt Lanter, Abigail Spencer, Goran Visnjic, Claudia Doumit, Patterson Joseph, Malcolm Barrett, Sakina Jaffrey

Premise: The high-octane drama follows an unlikely trio who travel through time to battle a master criminal intent on altering the fabric of human history with potentially catastrophic results.

THE GOOD PLACE (NBC)

Premieres: Monday, Sept. 19 at 10 p.m.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Ted Danson, William Jackson Harper, Jameela Jamil, Manny Jacinto, D'Arcy Carden

Premise: The show follows Eleanor Shellstrop (Bell), an ordinary woman who enters the afterlife and, thanks to some kind of error, is sent to the Good Place instead of the Bad Place, which is definitely where she belongs. While hiding in plain sight from Michael (Danson), the wise architect of the Good Place (who doesn't know he's made a mistake), she's determined to shed her old way of living and discover the awesome (or, at least, the pretty good) person within.

THIS IS US (NBC)

Premieres: Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 10 p.m.

Cast: Mandy Moore, Milo Ventimiglia, Justin Hartley, Sterling K. Brown, Ron Cephas Jones, Chrissy Metz, Susan Kelechi Watson, Chris Sullivan

Premise: The hourlong dramedy is described as a unique ensemble that follows characters all born on the same day.

MACGYVER (CBS)

Premieres: Friday, Sept. 23 at 8 p.m.

Cast: Lucas Till, George Eads, Sandrine Holt, Justin Hires, Tristin Mays

Premise: A reimagining of the television series of the same name, following a 20-something MacGyver as he gets recruited into a clandestine organization where he uses his knack for solving problems in unconventional ways to help prevent disasters from happening.

BULL (CBS)

Premieres: Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 9 p.m.

Cast: Michael Weatherly, Freddy Rodriguez, Christopher Jackson, Geneva Carr, Jaime Lee Kirchner, Annabelle Attanasio

Premise: Based on the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw during his days as head of one of the most prolific trial consulting services of all time.

KEVIN CAN WAIT (CBS)

Premieres: Monday, Sept. 19 at 8:30 p.m.

Cast: Kevin James, Erinn Hayes, Taylor Spreitler, Ryan Cartwright, Mary-Charles Jones, James DiGiacomo, Lenny Venito, Gary Valentine, Leonard Earl Howze

Premise: A newly retired police officer looks forward to spending more quality time with his wife and three kids but figures out he faces more challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.

MAN WITH A PLAN (CBS)

Premieres: Monday, Oct. 24 at 8:30 p.m.

Cast: Matt LeBlanc, Liza Snyder, Kevin Nealon, Matt Cook, Grace Kaufman, Jessica Chaffin, Diana Maria Riva, Matthew McCann, Hala Finley

Premise: A contractor learns that raising his kids is more challenging than expected when his wife goes back to work.

THE GREAT INDOORS (CBS)

Premieres: Thursday, Oct. 27 at 8:30 p.m.

Cast: Joel McHale, Stephen Fry, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Shaun Brown, Christine Ko, Susannah Fielding, Chris Williams

Premise: An adventure reporter must adapt to the times when he becomes the boss to a group of millennials in the digital department of the magazine.

PURE GENIUS (CBS)

Premieres: Thursday, Oct. 27 at 10 p.m.

Cast: Dermot Mulroney, Odette Annable, Augustus Prew, Brenda Song, Reshma Shetty, Ward Horton, Aaron Jennings

Premise: A young Silicon Valley tech titan enlists a veteran surgeon with a controversial past in starting a hospital with a cutting-edge, "new school" approach to medicine.

FREQUENCY (The CW)

Premieres: Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 9 p.m.

Cast: Peyton List, Riley Smith, Mekhi Phifer, Lenny Jacobson, Anthony Ruivivar, Devin Kelley, Daniel Bonjour

Premise: In this reimagining of the New Line Cinema film, a female police detective in 2016 discovers she is able to speak via a ham radio with her estranged father (also a detective) who died in 1996. They forge a new relationship while working together on an unresolved murder case, but unintended consequences of the "butterfly effect" wreak havoc in the present day.

NO TOMORROW (The CW)

Premieres: Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 9 p.m.

Cast: Joshua Sasse, Tori Anderson, Amy Pietz, Sarayu Blue, Jesse Rath, Jonathan Langdon

Premise: When a risk-averse, straight arrow, female procurement manager at an Amazon-like distribution center falls in love with a freewheeling man who lives life to the fullest because he believes the apocalypse is imminent, to comedic and poignant results they embark on a quest together to fulfill their individual bucket lists.

Pitch is going to be canceled very quickly, and it's going to be blamed on racism/sexism.

Besides the fact that Fox is trigger-happy for cancelling when ratings don't meet expectations for Primetime shows.

But, baseball fans are predominantly male and know the average MLB pitcher throws a fastball at 93 MPH. Guess what the world record for a female to throw any ball? 68 MPH. Yes, impossible for a woman to throw a baseball anywhere close to MLB speeds.

I'm 100% skeptical but I'll be checking out The Exorcist show. I've watched basically everything related to that first movie, one of my favorites. I think Fox blows it though. Too bad it's not on a cable station. More leeway.

Well, I'm still against a Lethal Weapon TV show, but it looks a little better than what I was picturing.

The Macgyver trailer led me to a Goliath trailer which featured a half second of Tania Raymonde.

A half second was all I needed to recognize her.

2edr1oi.gif

She's smoking hot.

jre8eu.gif

Lois called it in 2002.
29fzhqd.jpg

Well, I'm still against a Lethal Weapon TV show, but it looks a little better than what I was picturing.

Really? Your expectations must have been lower than mine, and I didn't think that was possible.

That trailer was so bad I may not feed my cat tonight.

I'm 100% skeptical but I'll be checking out The Exorcist show. I've watched basically everything related to that first movie, one of my favorites. I think Fox blows it though. Too bad it's not on a cable station. More leeway.

Cable stations have raised the bar so high it's hard to care about regular television.

Pitch is going to be canceled very quickly, and it's going to be blamed on racism/sexism.

Besides the fact that Fox is trigger-happy for cancelling when ratings don't meet expectations for Primetime shows.

But, baseball fans are predominantly male and know the average MLB pitcher throws a fastball at 93 MPH. Guess what the world record for a female to throw any ball? 68 MPH. Yes, impossible for a woman to throw a baseball anywhere close to MLB speeds.

The fact you know what the world record is for a female fastball suggests you've been preparing for this event for some time, unless you're secretly a fan of female baseball.

You guys need to lighten up with all the outrage about claims of sexism where we find female empowerment. Guess what? 99.99% of shows about awesome guys are complete bullshit too, let the girls have a couple. You don't see women on message boards whining about how unrealistic the male characters are, and holy shit, are they unrealistic.

The fact you know what the world record is for a female fastball suggests you've been preparing for this event for some time, unless you're secretly a fan of female baseball.

You guys need to lighten up with all the outrage about claims of sexism where we find female empowerment. Guess what? 99.99% of shows about awesome guys are complete bullshit too, let the girls have a couple. You don't see women on message boards whining about how unrealistic the male characters are, and holy shit, are they unrealistic.

Its being prepared for delusional femimist arguments like 'Why can't there be a female pitcher in MLB? Of course they can. Women can do everything men can do, and sometimes better.'

As for the 'males hate female empowerment' note, have you checked out the Game of Thrones threads? That show is all about female empowerment, and many consider it to be the GOAT TV Show. Personally, it's my #2, but may bump it up to #1 depending how it wraps up.

Its being prepared for delusional femimist arguments like 'Why can't there be a female pitcher in MLB? Of course they can. Women can do everything men can do, and sometimes better.'

As for the 'males hate female empowerment' note, have you checked out the Game of Thrones threads? That show is all about female empowerment, and many consider it to be the GOAT TV Show. Personally, it's my #2, but may bump it up to #1 depending how it wraps up.
Well, no need to watch soap operas, you already bring enough drama for no reason into your own life.

Fall TV Premiere Guide: Everything to Know About the New Broadcast Shows

LETHAL WEAPON (Fox)

Premieres: Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 8 p.m.

Cast: Damon Wayans Sr., Clayne Crawford, Jordana Brewster, Keesha Sharp Golden Brooks, Kevin Rahm, Chandler Kinney, Johnathan Fernandez, Dante Brown

Premise: Based on the feature film of the same name. When Texas cop and former Navy SEAL Martin Riggs (Crawford) suffers the loss of his wife and baby, he moves to Los Angeles to start anew. There, he gets partnered with LAPD detective Roger Murtaugh (Wayans Sr.), who, having recently suffered a "minor" heart attack, must avoid any stress in his life.

PITCH (Fox)

Cast: Kylie Bunbury, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Ali Larter, Mark Consuelos, Dan Lauria, Mo McRae, Meagan Holder, Tim Jo

Premise: A young female pitcher defies the odds when she becomes the first woman to play in the major leagues.

THE EXORCIST (Fox)

Premieres: Friday, Sept. 23 at 9 p.m.

Cast: Geena Davis, Alfonso Herrera, Ben Daniels, Brianne Howey, Hannah Kasulka, Kurt Egyiawan, Alan Ruck

Premise: A modern reinvention inspired by William Blatty’s 1971 book, the drama is a propulsive, serialized psychological thriller following two very different men tackling one family’s case of horrifying demonic possession, and confronting the face of true evil.

SON OF ZORN (Fox)

Premieres: Sunday, Sept. 25 at 8:30 p.m.

Cast: Jason Sudeikis, Cheryl Hines, Tim Meadows, Artemis Pebdani, Johnny Pemberton

Team: Phil Lord, Chris Miller, Reed Agnew, Eli Jorne, Eric Appel, Sally Bradford McKenna

Premise: An animated Barbarian father comes home for the first time in 10 years to his live-action son and ex-wife. He finds that reconnecting with his family, struggling through his mundane office job and dealing with the banality of suburban life is much harder than waging actual war in his distant, animated world.

Lethal weapon is blasphemy imo. Son of Zorn looks amazing

As a football fan Ballers has been pretty good.

Man, I'm so stoked for Son of Zorn, it looks like it could kill. Now for the long wait for Better Call Saul and Gjovanni Ribisi in Sneaky Pete; I've been waiting ages for it.

Dropping a pilot then taking a year to do the series kind of sucks. Hopefully the quality reflects the time.

I haven't watched all the Fall trailers but I'm looking forward to Designated Survivor, Son of Zorn and Conviction (due to Hayley Atwell).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back