TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently watching 'The Exorcist' TV show. I can't seem to find much discussion on it here.

It has it's moments and it can be quite entertaining at times, But I find that it's waaay too in your face which in turn doesn't give you enough room to breathe and to build suspense. Subtlety is thrown out the door, which is a shame. Can't say I'm overly surprised though considering it's a FOX show.

Caught the first two episodes of APB. The trailers peaked my interest but I've been a bit disappointed with the episodes themselves. I'll give it a few more episodes before I bail.

As to political correctness, all the bad guys have been white so far. This takes place in Chicago. Got me headscratching a bit lol

The Expanse tonight. Will Bobby Drapers team arrive at Ganymede Station and fight the proto soldier?

Im so excite.

NEW CELEBRITY APPRENTICE Finale

kyle-richards-matt-iseman-carrie-keagan-tyra-banks-arnold-and-knapp-picture-id628862236

Happy that Matt Iseman (American Ninja Warrior) won. He deserved it and was the best player this season.

I was dreading that they would let Boy George win based on popularity. So glad I was wrong and, in a rare occurence in Celebrity Apprentice, awarded the title to the best player.

The finale was very low-key with the winner declared in a closed boardroom meeting with only 5 people inside. Thought that was a mistake and they should have gone with a live audience to make it more special. Or the very least, they should have had all the contestants inside that closed boardroom meeting, their applause would have helped made the moment a little less drab.

@Loiosh

If you didn't know yet, Chael Sonnen was fired on Celebrity Apprentice on episode 5 due to cheating.

LEGION episode 2

Not as awesome as the pilot but still a solid 2nd episode. We get to learn more about David's fragmented past and learn more about the safe haven Summerland and its inhabitants.

There's also a prevailing horror element to the show where that creepy monster with yellow eyes keep popping up (which is probably one of David's personalities).

Legion is also a pseudo-X-Men show where some of the characters are templates for the popular X-Men characters. Melanie Bird is Professior X and Syd is Rogue.

Yep, heard that. Didn't someone post the video in this thread?
I don't think so. I did post a video a while ago of Chael surviving a board room elimination by using his pro-wrestling style of talking.

THE EXPANSE season 2 episode episode 4

This was a good episode. Love that most of the focus for this episode was on one mission.

But the special effects for the scenes of that Mormon ship detaching and flying off was just wow. Money well spent, Syfy (Can you give a fraction of your budget to Dark Matter?).

Really thought Miller was going to die at the end. Holden is fast becoming a great leader and made the tough but correct decision to destroy those do-gooders.

Aside from Julie, I think Fred Johnson's 2nd in command (actress Cara Gee) is a good eye candy. Plus I like her accent.

740full-cara-gee.jpg

Kevin Smith to Write and Direct SAM AND TWITCH Television Series

Kevin-Smith-Sam-and-Twitch-Dragonlord.jpg

Kevin Smith will develop Sam & Twitch, a police procedural set in the world of Todd McFarlane's Spawn comics, for BBC America, Deadline reports.

“[Smith] is attached to write, direct and executive producer a series based on the Sam And Twitch comic book series for us,” BBC America president and general manager Sarah Barnett said. “They were originally introduced in Spawn, and it’s Todd McFarlane’s comic book series about these big-city homicide detectives who face a series of super grisly crimes that are connected to the occult."

"It's kind of frightening and sort of gallows humor," Barnett said. "It’s, again, procedural, but in a very modern, contemporary way. So each episode is closed ended, although there are certain character-serialized aspects to the storytelling.”

Smith, who is currently directing his second Supergirl episode of the season and has already helmed two episodes of The Flash in the last year, recently indicated that he was abandoning his long-delayed Clerks sequel and Mallrats TV series.

Kevin Smith Helming Spawn Spin-off TV Show 'Sam and Twitch' for BBC America

Kevin Smith to Write and Direct SAM AND TWITCH Television Series

Kevin-Smith-Sam-and-Twitch-Dragonlord.jpg

Kevin Smith will develop Sam & Twitch, a police procedural set in the world of Todd McFarlane's Spawn comics, for BBC America, Deadline reports.

“[Smith] is attached to write, direct and executive producer a series based on the Sam And Twitch comic book series for us,” BBC America president and general manager Sarah Barnett said. “They were originally introduced in Spawn, and it’s Todd McFarlane’s comic book series about these big-city homicide detectives who face a series of super grisly crimes that are connected to the occult."

"It's kind of frightening and sort of gallows humor," Barnett said. "It’s, again, procedural, but in a very modern, contemporary way. So each episode is closed ended, although there are certain character-serialized aspects to the storytelling.”

Smith, who is currently directing his second Supergirl episode of the season and has already helmed two episodes of The Flash in the last year, recently indicated that he was abandoning his long-delayed Clerks sequel and Mallrats TV series.

Kevin Smith Helming Spawn Spin-off TV Show 'Sam and Twitch' for BBC America

I keep hearing that he wants to retire but I'm not sure what from. He seems to be busier than ever across multiple mediums.

I'll probably check this out. Still kind of want to see Clerks 3 though.

The Magicians

Decent episode

The one positive, Kady is back who is my personal fave in terms of hotness.

This was a good episode. Love that most of the focus for this episode was on one mission.

But the special effects for the scenes of that Mormon ship detaching and flying off was just wow. Money well spent, Syfy (Can you give a fraction of your budget to Dark Matter?).

Really thought Miller was going to die at the end. Holden is fast becoming a great leader and made the tough but correct decision to destroy those do-gooders.

740full-cara-gee.jpg

That was a great episode, the ending even more so.

Yeah that scene with the Nauvoo taking off blew me away, just awesome.

Aside from Julie, I think Fred Johnson's 2nd in command (actress Cara Gee) is a good eye candy. Plus I like her accent.

This is where we differ, I find it excruciating.

cant wait to see this arc on flash tv show
the-flash-takes-on-solovar-in-gorilla-city-credit-the-cw.jpg

740full-cara-gee.jpg

im beginning to think Miller and holden are gonna be leaders or 2 headed snake. i'm digging the leader of the OPA

Stephen King Anthology CASTLE ROCK From J.J. Abrams Set at Hulu

Hulu is going back to Stephen King and J.J. Abrams for its next drama. The streaming service has ordered anthology Castle Rock, named after the town featured in many of King's books.

The anthology will weave together characters and themes from those novels that use the Castle Rock location. Each season will follow a different set of characters and storylines while interjecting themes and specific characters from previous seasons.

Castle Rock is the fictional Maine town where many of his novels and short stories have been set. It first appeared in 1979's The Dead Zone and takes its name from the fictional mountain fort in William Golding's 1954 novel Lord of the Flies. The town has been featured in The Dead Zone, Cujo, The Body, Uncle Otto's Truck, Mrs. Todd's Shortcut, The Dark Half, The Sun Dog, Needful Things and It Grows on You, among many others.

Stephen King Anthology 'Castle Rock' From J.J. Abrams Set at Hulu

Alex Meraz Cast as the Lead in WGN America's SCALPED

Alex-Meraz-Scalped-021817-Dragonlord.jpg

Alex Meraz (Suicide Squad) has been cast as one of the leads in WGN America’s drama pilot Scalped. The project, which will feature a predominantly Native American cast, was written by Doug Jung (Banshee) based on the DC graphic novel series written by Jason Aaron and illustrated by R.M. Guéra.

A modern-day crime story set in the world of a Native American reservation, Scalped explores power, loyalty and spirituality in a community led by the ambitious Chief Lincoln Red Crow as he reckons with Dashiell Bad Horse (Meraz), who has returned home after years away from the reservation. The Native American casting will be a first for a television series in recent history.

Merez’s Dashiell was exiled from the Rez by his mother at age 13 and returns home after 15 years as a criminal with a mysterious agenda. His return sets him on a violent path of self-discovery about his place on the Rez and on a collision course with both his estranged mother and Red Crow.

Meraz, of the Purepecha (Tarasco) First Nation of Michoacan, Mexico, most recently was seen in Warner Bros’ Suicide Squad for director David Ayer. He reunited with Ayer and Will Smith for the upcoming Netflix original film Bright and also has a heavily recurring role on TNT’s Animal Kingdom.

‘Scalped’: Alex Meraz Cast As Lead In WGN America Drama Pilot

@Anung Un Rama @Loiosh @aldeniro78 @xenomorph4prez @highkicknomore @Kneepocalypse @Magooglie @HHJ @INTERL0PER @tehend @val_lixembeau

Alex Meraz Cast as the Lead in WGN America's SCALPED

Alex-Meraz-Scalped-021817-Dragonlord.jpg

Alex Meraz (Suicide Squad) has been cast as one of the leads in WGN America’s drama pilot Scalped. The project, which will feature a predominantly Native American cast, was written by Doug Jung (Banshee) based on the DC graphic novel series written by Jason Aaron and illustrated by R.M. Guéra.

A modern-day crime story set in the world of a Native American reservation, Scalped explores power, loyalty and spirituality in a community led by the ambitious Chief Lincoln Red Crow as he reckons with Dashiell Bad Horse (Meraz), who has returned home after years away from the reservation. The Native American casting will be a first for a television series in recent history.

Merez’s Dashiell was exiled from the Rez by his mother at age 13 and returns home after 15 years as a criminal with a mysterious agenda. His return sets him on a violent path of self-discovery about his place on the Rez and on a collision course with both his estranged mother and Red Crow.

Meraz, of the Purepecha (Tarasco) First Nation of Michoacan, Mexico, most recently was seen in Warner Bros’ Suicide Squad for director David Ayer. He reunited with Ayer and Will Smith for the upcoming Netflix original film Bright and also has a heavily recurring role on TNT’s Animal Kingdom.

‘Scalped’: Alex Meraz Cast As Lead In WGN America Drama Pilot

@Anung Un Rama @Loiosh @aldeniro78 @xenomorph4prez @highkicknomore @Kneepocalypse @Magooglie @HHJ @INTERL0PER @tehend @val_lixembeau

Honestly, I'm just waiting for them to fuck this up.

The comic series is close to perfection and I just can't imagine how it'll be improved by making it in to a TV show.

Hoping for the best... Assuming it'll be the worst.

Scalped is one of my favorite comics. I would put it up there with Watchmen and Garth Ennis's Punisher and Preacher. I even got my wife to read it and she thought it was great. We both thought it had potential to be a great show but honestly I was hoping HBO would grab it. I'm a fan of WGN America's Salem series so I guess there is still potential for it being good.

My pick for Red Crow is Wes Studi

Scalped10-1.jpg

2-672x372.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back