TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been hate watching Homeland, and did anyone else see it and think "I'm so glad that fucker's dead" ?

It was very predictable from the beginning of the episode, but still so satisfying.

I'm optimistic about the group dynamics on The Defenders. And having so many characters and their corresponding supporting characters is a good thing because they can put in more content (ideally) rather than have more dragging and uneventful scenes.

Coincidentally, Rama and I just recently had the same conversation about Spidey vs. Firelord.

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/126521675/
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/126525253/

I had a comic book buddy that could never get past that issue, drove him crazy.

Hard to describe how he talked about it.

HE BEAT A FREAKING HERALD OF GALACTUS. MY WORLD HAS NO MEANING.​

With you on the more content thing, it will be nice if the "filler" is more super heroes.

Defenders mini series will only have 8 episodes. Good. The shorter the better because these Netflix Marvel shows can't be trusted.

Below is my take on it:

"Ideally, Netflix is a better venue for these Marvel shows than network TV. But after seeing how undisciplined the Netflix Marvel shows are, I'm fine with Inhumans being on network TV.

Luke Cage was dull overall. Jessica Jones had repetitive issues. They just don't have enough significant content to fill up a 55-minute show. That's why there's a lot of boring moments in these Marvel Netflix shows. These guys badly, badly need a good editor. Feels like the Netflix format gives them too much free rein which makes them lazy and in turn produce a less-than-tight script and just stuff in a bunch of melodramatic snorefest scenes to stretch the time."

Wow, harsh.

They gave us Punisher, I forgive them anything.

Biggest WTF moment I remember from my comic book days was Spiderman beating Firelord.

Spiderman beat a freaking Herald of Galactus.

That was even worse than him beating Juggernaut.

I loved it when Spidey beat Firelord. Not only am I a Spider-Man mark, but Firelord was always a can of a Herald.
I found that plausible in a "anything can happen in MMA" type of situation. The circumstances were perfect (symbiote, crowded city, gas station explosion) and not likely to ever be repeated.
Petey loses that fight 96/100

I had a comic book buddy that could never get past that issue, drove him crazy.

Hard to describe how he talked about it.

HE BEAT A FREAKING HERALD OF GALACTUS. MY WORLD HAS NO MEANING.​

With you on the more content thing, it will be nice if the "filler" is more super heroes.
* former Herald and not on the level of guys like Surfer or Terrax

@Dragonlordxxxxx You watched the latest Black Sails?
Yes and no.

I watched the latest episode of Black Sails but was very sleepy and was zoning in and out most of the time.

I did remember seeing a series of horrible torture scenes Ray Stevenson's Blackbeard had to go through. *shudder*

Yes and no.

I watched the latest episode of Black Sails but was very sleepy and was zoning in and out most of the time.

I did remember seeing a series of horrible torture scenes Ray Stevenson's Blackbeard had to go through. *shudder*

Man that was brutal to watch, and he survived it as well which was insane.

The whole scene was done really well, one that I will not forget

Man that was brutal to watch, and he survived it as well which was insane.

The whole scene was done really well, one that I will not forget

Yeah that was something.

The latest SuperKree episode wasn't bad.

I'm glad they finally talked about how Lena saved every goddamn alien in National City, which seems to be the liberal hub city for aliens to settle down on Earth, though it seemed like Kara was the only one who remembered that. James harping on about Lena playing a "long con" made little sense, as if she was really a xenophobe (in the most literal sense) then she would have just Lillian Luthor's plan play out without sabotage.

But really... we can now add sending flowers to Kara's office as hint #27 that she wants Kara to let her bang. Free access to her office? Showing up to her work unannounced to ask her in person to go to a party with her? Showing up unannounced to her apartment? Flowers?

Btw @Dragonlordxxxxx I didn't buy Lena being a sekrit bad guy until the veeeery end of her scene and she picked up the knight chess piece, but then I squashed it because I think she was just reliving painful memories.

Btw, I didn't think for a second that a show on the CW would let Mldkkjglk or whatever be a short, bald, ugly guy.

I'm glad they finally talked about how Lena saved every goddamn alien in National City, which seems to be the liberal hub city for aliens to settle down on Earth, though it seemed like Kara was the only one who remembered that. James harping on about Lena playing a "long con" made little sense, as if she was really a xenophobe (in the most literal sense) then she would have just Lillian Luthor's plan play out without sabotage.

But really... we can now add sending flowers to Kara's office as hint #27 that she wants Kara to let her bang. Free access to her office? Showing up to her work unannounced to ask her in person to go to a party with her? Showing up unannounced to her apartment? Flowers?

Btw @Dragonlordxxxxx I didn't buy Lena being a sekrit bad guy until the veeeery end of her scene and she picked up the knight chess piece, but then I squashed it because I think she was just reliving painful memories.

Btw, I didn't think for a second that a show on the CW would let Mldkkjglk or whatever be a short, bald, ugly guy.

I can't be objective about this episode. It confirmed a pet theory of mine that I've had ever since Lena Luthor made her debut on the show.

I practically yelled I KNEW IT!!!! at the screen during the reveal.

I can't be objective about this episode. It confirmed a pet theory of mine that I've had ever since Lena Luthor made her debut on the show.

I practically yelled I KNEW IT!!!! at the screen during the reveal.
Which scene and which confirmed theory?

Which scene and which confirmed theory?

Since the moment the show told us that Lena was adopted I have suspected that she was Lionel's biological daughter. Lilian's treatment of her and the fact that she was apparently Lionel's favorite child only reinforced this believe.

Also, their use of the name Lilian made me suspect that they were borrowing some of the family dynamics of the Luthor family from the Smallville Luthors. And Smallville-Lionel couldn't keep it in his pants. He fathered 3 kids with as many mothers.

So far, Supergirl-Lionel doesn't seem to be as much of a magnificent bastard as Smallville-Lionel, but he seems to share some of his philandering ways. Although, the way Lilian told the story, it implied a more long term affair. Maybe Lilian had Lena's bio-mom whacked. It would be in character.

I thought you were gonna say you knew Lena wanted Kara to bang.

So I've been hate watching Homeland, and did anyone else see it and think "I'm so glad that fucker's dead" ?

It was very predictable from the beginning of the episode, but still so satisfying.
He was an annoying twat but his death has finally made things interesting though. I was getting frustrated how slowly the season was progressing.

Latest Supergirl episode was okay. As I said before, Mon-El and Kara's relationship is the best thing about the show in season 2.

Lol at Guardian just magically showing up in the middle of a maximum security prison like it was nothing.

Ugh. Supergirl's fight IQ is just abysmal. Berlanti gonna Berlanti.

Yeah, Lena wants to bang. Still on the fence with her being a bad guy. The ending could just be a red herring. Either way is fine by me.

so the Castlevania series is going to be animated eh? That makes more sense. I couldn't see it being live action without a gigantic budget OR being horribly to look at. I think I'll give it a watch though. Really enjoyed some of those games.

LUCIFER Renewed for a Third Season at Fox

Lucifer-Season-2-Cast-Dragonlord.jpg

Fox has handed out another renewal for the 2017-18 season, giving an early-ish green light for a third season of Lucifer.

The Monday drama, which stars Tom Ellis as the devil working as a police liaison, premiered in 2016 and has been a dependable performer on the schedule with several different lead-ins. Season-to-date, it ranks 50th among broadcast series with a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49 and 6.2 million viewers in the most recent live-plus-7 Nielsen averages. Fox cites a significantly larger audience, 8 million, with multiplatform viewers taken into account.

Fox has been uncharacteristically shy about early renewals this year. Aside from Lucifer, the only series to get the early nod are no-brainers Empire and The Simpsons. That leaves nearly an entire roster waiting, since only veteran Bones is officially set to conclude this year.

Lucifer, one of more than half a dozen TV series based on a DC Comics title, is currently on the bench for its midwinter break. It is set to resume its sophomore run on May 1 after the conclusion of APB — which debuted in its 9 p.m. time slot last week to promising early same-day returns.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/lucifer-renewed-season-3-at-fox-975551

I didn't watch APB last week so I watched it last night just before the second show and it looks promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back