Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, @shadow_priest_x showed me a trailer of that awhile back. Not really my favorite subject matter or historical setting but I'll give it a shot. Hope there's a likable protagonist to make viewing it easier. Oh and boobies always helps.

Edit: Oh wait, this is History. So no boobies, unless it's the international version.

I wonder why it took so long to get some show or movie about the templars. they are quite famous, but I just never knew why.

Frankly I think the Hospitallers are more interested. They fought at sea too, and still exist today in some form.

THE JETSON Live-Action Reboot from Robert Zemeckis Lands at ABC as Put Pilot

ay72zzd.png

It’s the future, and The Jetsons are back. A multi-camera, live-action reboot of the 1960s Hanna-Barbera animated series, executive produced by Back to the Future‘s Robert Zemeckis, has landed at ABC with a put pilot commitment.

The new version will be written by Gary Janetti, who has background in both multi-camera and animated comedy series, having worked on NBC’s Will & Grace and Fox’s Family Guy. Warner Bros. TV, whose sibling Warner Bros. Animation absorbed Hanna-Barbera two decades ago, is the studio.

Based on the classic cartoon, The Jetsons multi-camera sitcom is set 100 years in the future and looks at America’s favorite future family through a modern filter.

The original Jetsons, conceived as a futuristic counterpart to Hanna-Barbera’s popular prehistoric family animated series The Flintstones, also was set 100 years in the future from its 1962 debut, or in 2062.

ABC is probably the best fit for the project because of its strong family comedy brand that includes Modern Family, Black-ish, The Goldbergs, Speechless, American Housewife, Fresh Off the Boat and WBTV’s The Middle, heading into its ninth and final season. Additionally, the original Jetsons series also aired on ABC though it lasted less than a season in primetime. It was revived in 1985 for another two-season run in syndication.

‘The Jetsons’ Live-Action Reboot From Robert Zemeckis Lands At ABC As Put Pilot

Justin Theroux Joins Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Netflix Series MANIAC

KM4FUKk.jpg

Justin Theroux has found his next TV role. The Leftovers grad has signed onto join Emma Stone and Jonah Hill in the upcoming Netflix series Maniac, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The dark comedy is based on the 2014 Norwegian TV series of the same name. The original centered on Espen, a mental patient at a psychiatric ward who escapes reality and lives in a fantasy world in his mind.

Theroux will recur in the 10-episode first season as James Mantleray.

The U.S. adaptation landed a straight-to-series order at Netflix in March 2016 with Stone — ahead of her Oscar-winning turn in La La Land — and Hill already attached. True Detective's Cary Fukunaga will direct, with Patrick Somerville attached to write. Fukunaga will exec produce with Stone, Hill, and Anonymous Content's Michael Sugar and Doug Wald.

Theroux is coming straight off the third and final season of HBO's acclaimed drama The Leftovers. In addition to his other TV credits (Parks and Recreation, Six Feet Under), his film work includes Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire and The Girl on the Train. He is also known for his screenwriting on films like Tropic Thunder and Iron Man 2.

Justin Theroux Joins Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Netflix Series 'Maniac

First Teaser Trailer for Marvel's THE PUNISHER on Netflix is Here!

Scott Glenn Joins Stephen King's CASTLE ROCK Anthology Series on Hulu

6Zls0t8.png

Castle Rock is filling out its cast. The Hulu anthology series has added The Leftovers and The Defenders actor Scott Glenn as a series regular. He'll play Alan Pangborn, a retired sheriff who presided over some of the darkest years in Castle Rock's checkered history — a Kingian icon at the center of Needful Things and The Dark Half.

Glenn joins the 10-episode project's previously announced cast, which includes Moonlight breakout Andre Holland, Sissy Spacek, Melanie Lynskey, Jane Levy and Bill Skarsgard.

A psychological-horror series set in the Stephen King multiverse, Castle Rock combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King's most loved works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland.

Scott Glenn is the latest actor to board the streamer's J.J. Abrams and Stephen King anthology
Really looking forward to this , sounds like a great cast

August 19, 2017

Dragonlord's Review of THE DEFENDERS
(Spoilers)

Bottom Line: A slight improvement from the last two Marvel-Netflix shows, The Defenders' story is too unremarkable, its scope too limited, that it might be better suited as a 2-hour movie.

Z5uMxvV.jpg

[Warning: The following review contains spoilers]

Marvel's The Defenders start off with showing the four main characters (Matt Murdock, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Danny Rand) and what they've been up to since the end of their respective seasons. It's a slow burn for most of the first two episodes but things finally get interesting once Danny meets Luke at the end of episode 2. The four heroes eventually come together and learn they share a common enemy - The Hand.

The Defenders limited series is thankfully eight episodes only (compared to the standard 13 episodes of the Marvel-Netflix solo series) and some episodes are under 45 minutes. But considering the limited scope of its story, Defenders could have trimmed the fat and produced a tighter and leaner storytelling with a 6-episode run.

The action is pretty decent. The acting is mostly good. The dialogue is half of the times awkward and inept. But the story is just disappointing. Defenders is supposed to be the culmination of The Hand storyline that they've been cultivating for years in the Daredevil and Iron Fist shows. The payoff turns out to be just blah. The Hand's ultimate goal in New York is to open a mystical door underneath the ground to harvest dead dragon bones so that they can live longer. The dreaded Black Sky turns out to be just an enhanced but still beatable version of Elektra.

Wn9MZB6.jpg

As for the individual main characters, Matt Murdock has retired as Daredevil and is just a pro bono lawyer despite missing the thrill of being a crimefighter. His old debbie downer pals, Foggy and Karen, continue to guilt-trip him to stop being Daredevil (and possibly saving a lot of lives in the process). Matt seems to be the most reasonable member of the Defenders, despite foolishly not telling the group of his relationship with Elektra and creating more unnecesarry drama in the process.

Jessica Jones closed her private investigation business and is just drunk most of the time. Her sardonic personality and acerbic tongue makes her so fun to watch in a team setting.

Luke Cage was cleared of his name and is released from prison. He starts off as a self-righteous, sanctimonious hypocrite in the first few episodes but settles in to normalcy later on.

Danny Rand, along with his girlfriend Colleen Wing, has been hunting the Hand all over the globe for months. When he gets too emotional or angry, Danny is cringey to watch. But when he displays his fun-loving, carefree personality, the character shines the brightest (more on that later).

HI1dAzZ.png

Alexandra (Sigourney Weaver) as the leader of The Hand and the big bad of the show didn't live up to expectations. She wasn't very menacing or memorable. Instead, they constantly highlight how Alexandra is so sophisticated and elegant, sporting the latest haute couture fashion line-up and shamelessly name-dropping famous people and cities from ancient times. The only evil thing Alexandra did was caused a minor earthquake that killed Trish Walker's car.

Whatever dark, exotic mystery The Hand had has been eradicated in this series. Gone are the cool ninja concept and replaced with an international group of ethnically diverse criminals headed by the five fingers - Alexandra, Madame Gao, Sowande, Murakami and Bakuto. In Iron Fist, I shuddered upon learning this Wilmer Valderrama-looking mofo with a Japanese name (Bakuto) is the leader of a United Colors of Benetton faction of The Hand. Now I see that the Benetton aspect is the norm for this version of The Hand. How disappointing.

The cunning Madame Gao and the lone wolf Murakami are cool but what the hell is Sowande a.k.a. White Hat doing hiring untrained kids to do The Hand's dirty work. Doesn't The Hand have enough professional operatives to do these jobs. This just reminds me of the ridiculously silly premise of the TMNT movie (1990) where Shredder recruits juvenile kids to become Foot ninjas. On top of that, White Hat is even seen driving a van to deliver these kids to their destination. Show some dignity, dude, you are one of the leaders of The Hand for crying out loud.

Yi0I06A.jpg

The great (and bad) thing about these Marvel-Netflix shows is they are shot in New York. Unlike other TV shows supposedly set in NYC, the Marvel-Netflix series look and feel authentic. Well, soak in the scenery because a sizable amount of the production budget goes into the shooting since everything in New York is so expensive. What it means for these Marvel-Netflix shows is that there's less budget for special effects and trimming down the fantastical parts of the script.

Music used for the ending credits is half of the time so lethargic and boring that you might think they don't want viewers to get pumped for the next episode.

The show uses scene transitions showcasing New York subway trains. It's an interesting choice. I keep on waiting for Detective Andy Sipowicz to show up.

bahsP3S.png

In episode 2, Danny punching Luke in the face should have killed him or the very least knocked him out. Luke's only invulnerable on the outside but everything on the inside is normal. Luke almost died when he took a shotgun blast to the face in Jessica Jones. Imagine shooting a vault door with a shotgun. Nothing happens, right. Now imagine Danny using his Iron Fist to punch the vault door. The force of Iron Fist's blow is so powerful that the vault door is going to fly several meters away. Now imagine that same force applied to Luke Cage's face, it should turn the insides of his face into jello.

One of the "stand-out" moments of the show was in episode 3 when Luke called out Danny on being privileged and beating up a black kid. It's a known fact that in order to have friction, characters often say stupid things to ignite that spark. Yes, Danny could have been more compassionate and less callous in his statements but Luke said some pretty dumb things. First, Luke criticized Danny for beating up somebody that was just trying to feed his family. If we follow that logic, Luke should also be ashamed of beating up criminals that were just trying to feed their families. Second, Luke calls out Danny for having the power to change the world before he even became the Iron Fist. I guess Claire forgot to mention to Luke that Danny was stuck in a monastery for 15 years.

Danny walking to Midland Circle in episode 3 and threatening The Hand was just plain stupid. Danny has shown time and time again that he's one of the dumbest superheroes in the MCU. Danny keeps on bragging about being the protector and the gatekeeper of K'un-Lun but his physical prowess is unimpressive and does not match his bravado. Imagine Danny at the gates of K'un-Lun and two dozen skilled Hand ninjas attack the entrance, what do you think will happen? Yup, K'un-Lun is fucked.

iLsADK8.jpg

In episode 4, they finally got the character of Danny right. Whether he was smoothly negotiating with the restaurant owner or just joyfully eating chowing down some grub, Danny was the MVP in the Chinese restaurant segments. While everybody else on the Defenders team was being broody, skeptical or just being a negative nancy, Danny had a happy-go-lucky attitude and generally having fun that was a welcomed breath of fresh air from the dourness of the show. Unfortunately, Danny goes back to being an emo angry man-child after episode 4.

The Hand's ultimate goal is finally revealed and it is disappointing. Rather than follow the comic books' epic plot of bringing an outworldly all-powerful demon - The Beast - into Earth, this version of the Hand just wants to mine the bones of a dead dragon to gain eternal life and eventually go back to K'un-Lun.

Overall, The Defenders is a decent and somewhat entertaining limited series but could have been more awesome with a better story and superior quality control.

Rating: 6.5/10

The Xena reboot NBC was developing is aparently dead.

NBC's Xena: Warrior Princess reboot is not going forward.

After parting ways with writer Javier Grillo-Marxuach (Lost) a few months ago, NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke said the proposed revival in its most recent form is dead.

"Nothing is happening on that right now. We looked at some material; we decided at that point that it didn't warrant the reboot," Salke tells The Hollywood Reporter. "I'd never say never on that one because it's such a beloved title, but the current incarnation of it is dead."

Full Trailer for AMERICAN HORROR STORY: CULT

Shooter s2 has finished i believe

Anyone watched it?

Was waiting for them all to be out so i can binge watch
Enjoyed s1 a lot 7/10 for me

Watching narcos currently
Decent series i give it an 8
Season 1 was 9/10 for me
Season 2 so far 7 episode in
I give it a 7/10

Shooter s2 has finished i believe

Anyone watched it?

Was waiting for them all to be out so i can binge watch
Enjoyed s1 a lot 7/10 for me

Watching narcos currently
Decent series i give it an 8
Season 1 was 9/10 for me
Season 2 so far 7 episode in
I give it a 7/10
I'm watching Shooter season 2 (still in episode 5) but I believe that there are 8 episodes total for season 2. So there's still two episodes left.

24: LEGACY Actress Anna Diop Cast as Starfire in TITANS

0S2P1Go.jpg

24: Legacy alumna Anna Diop has landed one of the leads, the series-regular role of Starfire, in the new live-action series Titans, from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV.

She joins Australian newcomer Teagan Croft, who was cast as another lead, Raven, in the series that’s slated to premiere in 2018 as part of the inaugural slate of a new DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

Written by Goldsman, DC Entertainment’s Johns and Berlanti, Titans follows a group of young soon-to-be superheroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In the action-adventure series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes that includes Starfire, Raven and others.

Diop’s Starfire (aka Koriand’r) is an alien princess from a warrior planet who seeks asylum on Earth. A no-nonsense, take-no-prisoners stranger on our world, she has the ability to shoot energy bolts and fly. Searching for her place on Earth, she’ll come into contact with the Titans.

Goldsman, Johns and Berlanti Prods’ Berlanti and Schechter executive produce Titans, from Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros Television.

Diop co-starred on Fox’s 24: Legacy and was a series regular on the CW’s The Messengers. She also recurred on ABC’s Quantico and OWN’s Greenleaf.

‘Titans’: Anna Diop Cast As Starfire In Live-Action Series For DC Digital Service

Comments: Thumbs down on the Anna Diop-Starfire casting. I've seen her in 24: Legacy and she's an eh. Couldn't they have cast someone prettier similar to Candice Patton (The Flash), Maisie Richardson (Legends of Tomorrow) and others.

885e664b5311936ae405d19994c2bfb3--candice-patton-black-chicks.jpg

maisie-richardson-sellers.jpg

24: LEGACY Actress Anna Diop Cast as Starfire in TITANS

0S2P1Go.jpg

24: Legacy alumna Anna Diop has landed one of the leads, the series-regular role of Starfire, in the new live-action series Titans, from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV.

She joins Australian newcomer Teagan Croft, who was cast as another lead, Raven, in the series that’s slated to premiere in 2018 as part of the inaugural slate of a new DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

Written by Goldsman, DC Entertainment’s Johns and Berlanti, Titans follows a group of young soon-to-be superheroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In the action-adventure series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes that includes Starfire, Raven and others.

Diop’s Starfire (aka Koriand’r) is an alien princess from a warrior planet who seeks asylum on Earth. A no-nonsense, take-no-prisoners stranger on our world, she has the ability to shoot energy bolts and fly. Searching for her place on Earth, she’ll come into contact with the Titans.

Goldsman, Johns and Berlanti Prods’ Berlanti and Schechter executive produce Titans, from Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros Television.

Diop co-starred on Fox’s 24: Legacy and was a series regular on the CW’s The Messengers. She also recurred on ABC’s Quantico and OWN’s Greenleaf.

‘Titans’: Anna Diop Cast As Starfire In Live-Action Series For DC Digital Service

Comments: Thumbs down on the Anna Diop-Starfire casting. I've seen her in 24: Legacy and she's an eh. Couldn't they have cast someone prettier similar to Candice Patton (The Flash), Maisie Richardson (Legends of Tomorrow) and more.

885e664b5311936ae405d19994c2bfb3--candice-patton-black-chicks.jpg

maisie-richardson-sellers.jpg
I am liking your comment, not the casting.

Also, is it not possible to cast people under 30 to play teens?

Trailer for THE SHANNARA CHRONICLES Season 2, Returns Oct. 11

Duplass Brothers' ROOM 104 Renewed for Season 2 at HBO

g8CvEeT.png

HBO is booking a return trip to Room 104. The premium cable network has renewed the individual episodic anthology series for a second season. The low-budget comedy from brothers Jay and Mark Duplass has been getting solid reviews across the board.

The series, the first for the Duplass brothers since HBO canceled critical darling Togetherness after two seasons, launched July 28 and has seen its viewership rise — a challenging feat for a series that airs in a time slot (Fridays at 11:30 p.m.) with relatively little to no expectations.

Room 104 has already featured stars such as Melonie Diaz, Keir Gilchrist, Philip Baker Hall, Poorna Jagannathan, Orlando Jones, Amy Landecker, James Van Der Beek, Mae Whitman and Nat Wolff, among others. Directors include Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, Patrick Brice, Sarah Adina Smith and So Yong Kim, among others.

Duplass Brothers' 'Room 104' Renewed for Season 2 at HBO (Exclusive)

913.gif

STARSKY AND HUTCH TV Reboot in the Works from James Gunn

19E3p81.jpg

Sony Pictures Television Studios is prepping a reboot of 1970s cop show Starsky and Hutch. Guardians of the Galaxy screenwriter-director James Gunn is set to pen the script and potentially direct the project (pending his availability).

Sony Pictures Television Studios is shopping the effort, with multiple bidders among broadcast, cable and streaming services. The project is currently just a pitch and there is no script as of yet.

James Gunn will pen the script with his brother, Brian Gunn, and cousin, Mark Gunn. All three will executive produce alongside Sony-based Neal Moritz and his Original Film banner topper Pavun Shetty. The TV reboot is described as a character-driven hourlong procedural.

Sony TV controls the TV rights to the IP and is the worldwide distributor for the original series. Warner Bros. Pictures controls the feature film rights. The new Starsky and Hutch has been in the works since last year when deals for everyone involved closed; it is only now being taken out to potential bidders.

Starsky and Hutch first premiered in 1975 as a movie of the week on ABC. The series was created by William Blinn and produced by Aaron Spelling and Leonard Goldberg's Spelling-Goldberg Productions. Starring David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser, the show ran for four seasons and nearly 100 episodes.

This is not the first time the show about two Southern California police detectives — David Michael Starsky (Glaser) and Brooklyn transplant Kenneth "Hutch" Hutchinson (Soul) — has been rebooted. A feature film starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson was released in 2004

'Starsky and Hutch' TV Reboot in the Works With James Gunn

THE SINNER

Dragging. I was right, this would have been more suited as a 2-hour movie than stretch it out for 8 episodes. It's that kind of show where you do something while it's playing on the background. I'm sure the last episode will be more exciting but the middle parts are just tedious to watch.

Also, even if The Sinner is a 2-hour movie, I'm not even sure if it'll turn out to be a good movie.

17-31-3015-1014x570.jpg

GOTHAM Season 4 Trailer Reveals Proto-Batman Suit and Scarecrow

2nd Trailer for HBO Porn Drama THE DEUCE Starring James Franco

Watch a special advance premiere of The Deuce, now streaming on HBO. Created by George Pelecanos and David Simon and starring James Franco and Maggie Gyllenhaal, The Deuce follows the story of the legalization and subsequent rise of the porn industry in New York’s Times Square from the early 1970s through the mid-1980s, exploring the rough-and-tumble world at the pioneering moments of what would become the billion-dollar American sex industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back