TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most popular Doctors are Tom Baker and David Tennant, and I love them, they're awesome.

I just really, really, really liked Smith.

Also, he's an excuse to post this scene. Written by Neil Gaiman, don't you know.
this is one of my fav speech matt smith did

The most popular Doctors are Tom Baker and David Tennant, and I love them, they're awesome.

I just really, really, really liked Smith.

Also, he's an excuse to post this scene. Written by Neil Gaiman, don't you know.

I was busting your chops.

I'm personally a fan of Tennant and Capaldi. I wasn't blown away by Matt Smith, but he wasn't bad.

btw, The Doctor's Wife is hands down my favorite episode from Matt Smith's run as The Doctor.

Is there a comic book or graphic novel they can follow?

I don't think there is, and I believe that's the point. This way they can do whatever they want with the characters because they won't be beholden to the comics.

And apparently this also lets them put this show in-continuity with the Man of Steel movie. Only because all the characters are dead by the time of the movie they don't have to worry about affecting that story.

my favorite also but for some reason there was a lot of hate for him i never understood the hate

That boils down to coming after Tennant. People loved that guy so much that they took it out on Smith.

Personally, Eleven is my favorite Doctor, but I'm well aware that's because his first story was my jumping in point. People like to deny it, but generally your first Doctor is your favorite Doctor.

Last edited:
this is one of my fav speech matt smith did

Eleven got all the best speeches. They keep asking the other Doctors to read them at cons. I personally saw when they made Silvester McCoy do a reading of the Pandorica speech at Dragon*Con.

Last edited:
post-51451-jenna-coleman-clara-oswald-hot-tp52.png

While personally I think Amy Pond is more beautiful, I always had the gut-feeling that Clara would be waaaay better in bed. And that applies to the actresses as well.

Based in no argument whatsoever, purely on a hunch.

People like to deny it, but generally your first Doctor is your favorite Doctor.

That would be Tom Baker for me. In my mind, he's The Doctor, and everyone else just took turns replacing him.

Eleven got all the best speeches. They keep asking the other Doctors to read them at cons. I personally saw when they made Silverter McCoy do a reading of the Pandorica speech at Dragon*Con.

I always felt Smith was the Doctor you'd least want to piss off.

I think every Doctor has done the speech.

Last edited:
Holy crap.

Viserys Targaryen is a douche in every universe.

If we're talking pure looks? Her and Freema Agyeman are my favorites.

If we're talking simple chemistry with The Doctor? Donna wins by far.

Donna was fantastic, good call.

If Bill keeps this up, she'll end up being my favorite companion by far, by the end of the season.

I can't quite put my finger on why I like her so much.

Just watched the fourth episode of The Son.

This show is better than I expected; a lot better. It was the show I looked forward to most this week and it did not disappoint.

POWERLESS Pulled from NBC Schedule as DC Comedy Effectively Cancelled

5QcDIK8.jpg

NBC is cutting off power to Powerless. The network has pulled the remaining three episodes of DC Comics' first live-action scripted comedy, according to THR.

The already renewed Superstore will take over its Thursday time slot at 8:30 p.m., with repeats of the America Ferrera comedy also running at 8 p.m. The remaining three episodes of Powerless have not yet been rescheduled.

The Vanessa Hudgens comedy underwent a significant retooling before it premiered. Series creator Ben Queen exited the series ahead of its launch, with Patrick Schumacker and Justin Halpern tapped as the new showrunners. While Powerless remained a workplace comedy set in the superhero universe, everything else about the series changed, including its portrayal of familiar heroes from the DC Comics universe.

The series launched Feb. 2 to mixed reviews and dismal returns. The comedy most recently collected 2.1 million total viewers and a 0.6 among adults 18-49 — off 30 percent from its Superstore lead-in.

Showrunner Shumacker addressed the future of the series on Twitter, writing that "#Powerless will not air this week or next. This, I know for sure. I can guess some other things but they're not good. Thanks for watching."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...dule-as-dc-comedy-effectively-canceled-997174

my favorite also but for some reason there was a lot of hate for him i never understood the hate
I didn't like his face (initially) but he and his portrayal grew on me. I think I might actually like him better the Eccleston.

However, Tennant >

Okay, so I was completely wrong about Lena Luthor.

She's either the most closeted bisexual ever, or she's just a straight woman who happens to subconsciously send lesbian vibes when dealing with her adorable and charismatic female friend.

POWERLESS Pulled from NBC Schedule as DC Comedy Effectively Cancelled

5QcDIK8.jpg

NBC is cutting off power to Powerless. The network has pulled the remaining three episodes of DC Comics' first live-action scripted comedy, according to THR.

The already renewed Superstore will take over its Thursday time slot at 8:30 p.m., with repeats of the America Ferrera comedy also running at 8 p.m. The remaining three episodes of Powerless have not yet been rescheduled.

The Vanessa Hudgens comedy underwent a significant retooling before it premiered. Series creator Ben Queen exited the series ahead of its launch, with Patrick Schumacker and Justin Halpern tapped as the new showrunners. While Powerless remained a workplace comedy set in the superhero universe, everything else about the series changed, including its portrayal of familiar heroes from the DC Comics universe.

The series launched Feb. 2 to mixed reviews and dismal returns. The comedy most recently collected 2.1 million total viewers and a 0.6 among adults 18-49 — off 30 percent from its Superstore lead-in.

Showrunner Shumacker addressed the future of the series on Twitter, writing that "#Powerless will not air this week or next. This, I know for sure. I can guess some other things but they're not good. Thanks for watching."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...dule-as-dc-comedy-effectively-canceled-997174
That's a shame, cast is good, original premise was interesting and I just found it.

tumblr_loqfm0r1UJ1qludboo1_500.gif

That's a shame, cast is good, original premise was interesting and I just found it.

I love Vanessa Hudgen in Powerless. She's so cute and adorable. Aside from her and Christian Kirk's character, I find the rest of the cast obnoxious.

I'm sad.

I was really enjoying that show.

Have you seen Better Off Ted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back