TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six Main Characters and Details for Marvel's NEW WARRIORS TV Series Revealed

Press Release: Marvel’s New Warriors is a new comedic live-action adaptation of the popular Marvel comic featuring young adult heroes. This marks Marvel’s first foray into comedy for a television series. Marvel’s New Warriors is about six young people with powers living and working together. With powers and abilities on the opposite end of the spectrum of the Avengers, the New Warriors want to make a difference in the world … even if the world isn’t ready. Not quite super, not yet heroes, “Marvel’s New Warriors” is about that time in your life when you first enter adulthood and feel like you can do everything and nothing at once – except in this world, bad guys can be as terrifying as bad dates. The network has ordered ten 30-minute episodes slated to debut in 2018.

The New Warriors were created by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz when they first appeared in the Thor comic book series in 1989. They proved to be so popular that one year later, they were featured in their own series by Fabian Nicieza and Mark Bagley. Since then, The New Warriors and their line-up have undergone many changes including the fresh and innovative take by Zeb Wells and Skottie Young on which the television series is based.

Marvel’s New Warriors is co-produced by Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios. Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory serve as executive producers. Kevin Biegel (Cougar Town) serves as showrunner and executive producer.

New-Warriors-HR5b15d.jpg

Characters clockwise from top: Zack Smith (Microbe), Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher), Craig Hollis (Mister Immortal), Doreen Green (Squirrel Girl), Deborah Fields (Debrii) and Robbie Baldwin (Speedball).

The following characters will be featured in the series:

Doreen Green (Squirrel Girl)
Superpower: “The powers of a squirrel, the powers of a girl” (is acrobatic, strong, can fight, can talk to squirrels)
Doreen is a totally empowered fangirl. She is a natural leader—confident and tough, but not innocent. Doreen is bouncy and energetic and her greatest quality is her optimism… She has faith in others and inspires people to believe in themselves. She also takes her pet squirrel, Tippy Toe, everywhere.

Craig Hollis (Mister Immortal)
Superpower: Cannot die. Ever. Maybe. So he says.
The team troublemaker and lothario… Craig is kind of like “The Most Interesting Man Alive,” except he’s more cocky than confident and at times, charmingly grumpy. Although Craig’s superpower seems amazing, he hasn’t made use of it at all—he’s lazy and figures if he has all the time in the world to learn how to fight, what’s the rush?

Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher)
Superpower: None
Dwayne is a local celebrity “hero” with his very own YouTube channel. Brilliant, strong, noble, and maybe a bit full of himself, Dwayne is a shameless self-promoter and entrepreneur. But he also deeply believes in justice — at least his version of it. Dwayne hides the fact that he comes from a really rich family because he’s afraid he’ll lose his street cred.

Robbie Baldwin (Speedball)
Superpower: Can launch kinetic balls of energy
Robbie grew up watching Quinjets take off from Avengers Tower and loves the idea of being a hero. He’s an impulsive and immature people-pleaser with a misplaced sense of confidence. Although you would think throwing kinetic balls of energy would be awesome and effective – his are completely out of control.

Zack Smith (Microbe)
Superpower: Can talk to germs
Zack is a shy hypochondriac whose ability nearly makes him a telepath — the germs tell him where you’ve been, what you ate and who you hung out with. It’s impossible to keep secrets around him. He’s a big sweet guy the team takes under their wing, and they help him find and grow his own confidence.

Deborah Fields (Debrii)
Superpower: Low level telekinetic; trickster
Deborah is proud, funny and quick witted. Confidently out as a lesbian, Deborah has experienced deep loss in her personal life as a direct result of super “heroics.” She can take care of herself, or at least says she can. She’s the one who calls people on their BS and has no fear of putting her opinions out there.

https://news.marvel.com/tv/63421/freeform-announces-characters-marvels-new-warriors/

First Trailer for Marvel's CLOAK & DAGGER on Freeform

Six Main Characters and Details for Marvel's NEW WARRIORS TV Series Revealed

Press Release: Marvel’s New Warriors is a new comedic live-action adaptation of the popular Marvel comic featuring young adult heroes. This marks Marvel’s first foray into comedy for a television series. Marvel’s New Warriors is about six young people with powers living and working together. With powers and abilities on the opposite end of the spectrum of the Avengers, the New Warriors want to make a difference in the world … even if the world isn’t ready. Not quite super, not yet heroes, “Marvel’s New Warriors” is about that time in your life when you first enter adulthood and feel like you can do everything and nothing at once – except in this world, bad guys can be as terrifying as bad dates. The network has ordered ten 30-minute episodes slated to debut in 2018.

The New Warriors were created by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz when they first appeared in the Thor comic book series in 1989. They proved to be so popular that one year later, they were featured in their own series by Fabian Nicieza and Mark Bagley. Since then, The New Warriors and their line-up have undergone many changes including the fresh and innovative take by Zeb Wells and Skottie Young on which the television series is based.

Marvel’s New Warriors is co-produced by Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios. Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory serve as executive producers. Kevin Biegel (Cougar Town) serves as showrunner and executive producer.

New-Warriors-HR5b15d.jpg

Characters clockwise from top: Zack Smith (Microbe), Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher), Craig Hollis (Mister Immortal), Doreen Green (Squirrel Girl), Deborah Fields (Debrii) and Robbie Baldwin (Speedball).

The following characters will be featured in the series:

Doreen Green (Squirrel Girl)
Superpower: “The powers of a squirrel, the powers of a girl” (is acrobatic, strong, can fight, can talk to squirrels)
Doreen is a totally empowered fangirl. She is a natural leader—confident and tough, but not innocent. Doreen is bouncy and energetic and her greatest quality is her optimism… She has faith in others and inspires people to believe in themselves. She also takes her pet squirrel, Tippy Toe, everywhere.

Craig Hollis (Mister Immortal)
Superpower: Cannot die. Ever. Maybe. So he says.
The team troublemaker and lothario… Craig is kind of like “The Most Interesting Man Alive,” except he’s more cocky than confident and at times, charmingly grumpy. Although Craig’s superpower seems amazing, he hasn’t made use of it at all—he’s lazy and figures if he has all the time in the world to learn how to fight, what’s the rush?

Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher)
Superpower: None
Dwayne is a local celebrity “hero” with his very own YouTube channel. Brilliant, strong, noble, and maybe a bit full of himself, Dwayne is a shameless self-promoter and entrepreneur. But he also deeply believes in justice — at least his version of it. Dwayne hides the fact that he comes from a really rich family because he’s afraid he’ll lose his street cred.

Robbie Baldwin (Speedball)
Superpower: Can launch kinetic balls of energy
Robbie grew up watching Quinjets take off from Avengers Tower and loves the idea of being a hero. He’s an impulsive and immature people-pleaser with a misplaced sense of confidence. Although you would think throwing kinetic balls of energy would be awesome and effective – his are completely out of control.

Zack Smith (Microbe)
Superpower: Can talk to germs
Zack is a shy hypochondriac whose ability nearly makes him a telepath — the germs tell him where you’ve been, what you ate and who you hung out with. It’s impossible to keep secrets around him. He’s a big sweet guy the team takes under their wing, and they help him find and grow his own confidence.

Deborah Fields (Debrii)
Superpower: Low level telekinetic; trickster
Deborah is proud, funny and quick witted. Confidently out as a lesbian, Deborah has experienced deep loss in her personal life as a direct result of super “heroics.” She can take care of herself, or at least says she can. She’s the one who calls people on their BS and has no fear of putting her opinions out there.

https://news.marvel.com/tv/63421/freeform-announces-characters-marvels-new-warriors/
There's never been a better time to be a nerd, lemme tell ya.

My old football team mate Mike was on iZombie this week.

2yy6udl.png

The Expanse finale was pretty damn good, I don't think it tops episode 5 (which felt more like a finale) but I have no complaints.

The scene at the end when the ship split into pieces was awesome.

I'm glad the daughter is still alive....For now.

Mars, Earth and the Belt all have the protomolecule....shit is about to go down.

I was never really a fan of the show, 'meh' would be response but season 2 was the shit and it has won me over. It easily has to be Syfy's best show. Amos is defo my MVP and I've grown to disliking Naomi somewhat.

First Trailer for Freeform's Mermaid Series SIRENS

I used to have this issue signed by him.

1323877.jpg
Nice. Ron Frenz used to be one of my favorite Marvel artists back in the early to mid 80s. Him and writer Roger Stern were dynamite. But his artwork started deteriorating when he worked on Thor.

Netflix Reboots CARMEN SANDIEGO with Gina Rodriguez

Gina-Rodriguez-Carmen-Sandiego-Dragonlord.jpg

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? She's headed to Netflix.

The streaming giant is rebooting the popular children's computer game franchise from the '80s with an animated series surrounding the titular character. Netflix has ordered twenty 22-minute episodes of Carmen Sandiego, which is set to premiere in 2019.

Jane the Virgin's Gina Rodriguez will voice the red fedora and trench coat-wearing villain, while Finn Wolfhard, who stars on Netflix's Stranger Things, will voice Player, Carmen’s chief accomplice and friend. Rodriguez took to Twitter to say she already has the fedora and coat.

The educational game, which followed the globe-trotting thief around the world to teach geography lessons, spawned PBS' live-action game shows Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? (1991 to 1996) and Where in Time Is Carmen Sandiego? The character was also the subject of several book and comic series.

The most well known iteration was the animated series Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?, which aired on Fox from 1994 to 1999. Carmen Sandiego was voiced by Rita Moreno, who has recently appeared alongside Rodriguez in Jane the Virgin. Last year, Rodriguez paid tribute to the legendary Latina actress, whom she called her "idol."

In the Netflix reboot, Carmen Sandiego is back and ready for a new crop of international capers packed with thrilling adventure and intrigue. The fresh take is set to present an intimate look into Carmen's past to follow her escapades and also answer who in the world Carmen Sandiego is and why she became a super thief.

Duane Capizzi (The Batman) is co-executive producer and showrunner. CJ Kettler (The Tick) is executive producer. Caroline Fraser is the executive in charge of production with visual design by Kevin Dart (Mr. Peabody & Sherman) and Chromosphere Animation studio is DHX Media.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/netflix-reboots-carmen-sandiego-gina-rodriguez-995072

THE X-FILES Revived Again for 10 New Episodes at Fox, New Promo Art Released

The-X-Files-Revival-042017-Dragonlord.png

The truth is still out there, and Fox appears determined to find it. Little more than a year after the brief-but-successful return of The X Files, the network has firmed up plans for another limited revival.

Fox announced Thursday that The X-Files will return for the 2017-18 broadcast season with 10 new episodes. Stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are both signed on to reprise their roles as FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. Creator and executive producer Chris Carter is on board as well. Fox executives have been vocal in their interest to produce more X-Files since the last year, but scheduling conflicts held up any official renewal.

Pricey as the vintage TV property may be, the 20th Century Fox TV production remains a favorite at both the network and the studio. Its revival averaged a 4.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 13.6 million viewers in live-plus-7 ratings — making it the No. 3 scripted show for the season behind Empire and The Big Bang Theory. Fox says an average 16 million viewers watched once multiplatform views were tallied.

For those keeping track, The X-Files is the clear ratings winner in Fox's streak of revivals, outpacing both iterations of 24 — the 2015 event series and spinoff Legacy — and the current brief stint for Prison Break.

The 2016 run of The X-Files was billed as self-contained, but the choice to end the episodes with a cliffhanger implied that additional episodes were an inevitability. It certainly helps matters that David Duchovny's latest full-time gig, NBC drama Aquarius, has since been canceled. Anderson, however, still has British import The Fall and Starz's upcoming American Gods adaptation.

Production for the new X-Files episodes is set to begin summer 2017. In the meantime, there's this new teaser art.

the_x-files_teaser_poster_-_publicity_-_embed_-_p_2017.jpg

LOCKE AND KEY Pilot from Carlton Cuse Set at Hulu

Locke-and-Key-Logo-042017-Dragonlord.png

Hulu is giving IDW comic book favorite Locke and Key a stab. The streaming service has handed out a pilot order to the popular Joe Hill property with Carlton Cuse set to serve as showrunner, THR has learned.

Locke and Key is a horror/ fantasy series that revolves around three siblings who, after the gruesome murder of their father, move to their ancestral home in Maine only to find the house has magical keys that give them a vast array of powers. Little do they know, a devious demon also wants the keys, and will stop at nothing to attain them.

Hill will pen the script for the hourlong pilot. Cuse (Lost, Bates Motel, The Strain, Jack Ryan) will exec produce alongside Scott Derrickson (Doctor Strange) and Lindsey Springer. Cuse will serve as showrunner, while Derrickson will direct the IDW Comics drama.

The Hulu pilot order comes six years after Fox teamed with prolific producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci as well as Steven Spielberg and Amblin to adapt the beloved property.

IDW packaged the project with the goal of securing a straight-to-series order for the property. The package was taken out to bidders — including Netflix, HBO and FX — last month.

Fox previously attempted to bring the comic to life during the 2010-11 broadcast season, with Josh Friedman penning the script. Produced by 20th Century Fox Television, the drama went to pilot with Mark Pellegrino, Miranda Otto, Jesse McCartney, Sarah Bolger and Nick Stahl attached.

For Cuse, Locke and Key arrives as his A&E drama Bates Motel is set to close up shop this month. His FX drama The Strain will also wrap its run later this year. Should Locke and Key go to series, Cuse would have dramas set at both Hulu and Amazon, with the latter behind the Jack Ryan reboot.

While the fan-favorite project was passed over, it was eventually screened as a one-off at Comic-Con 2014. Kurtzman and Orci subsequently set up a feature trilogy based on Locke and Key at Universal in 2013.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/locke-key-pilot-carlton-cuse-set-at-hulu-995959

15 New GAME OF THRONES Season 7 Photos Preview the Next War for Westeros

got-sn7_firstlook_01_-_h_2017.jpg

got-sn7_firstlook_03_-_h_2017.jpg

got-sn7_firstlook_04_-_h_2017.jpg

got-sn7_firstlook_02_-_p_2017.jpg

got-sn7_firstlook_05_-_h_2017.jpg

game_of_thrones_season_7_first_look_-_publicity_-_embed_6_-_h_2017.jpg

got-sn7_firstlook_07_-_h_2017.jpg

got-sn7_firstlook_08_-_h_2017.jpg

got-sn7_firstlook_09_-_p_2017_.jpg

got-sn7_firstlook_10_-_p_2017.jpg

got-sn7_firstlook_15_-_h_2017.jpg

got-sn7_firstlook_14_-_p_2017.jpg

got-sn7_firstlook_13_-_h_2017.jpg

got-sn7_firstlook_12_-_h_2017.jpg

got-sn7_firstlook_11_-_h_2017.jpg

This arrow season is really good that it might be the best so far.

The Krypton leaked trailer has been removed. Good thing I uploaded it on my Twitter.

The Krypton leaked trailer has been removed. Good thing I uploaded it on my Twitter.

They have a proper british teen playing Jor El. It is not on CW so it may not be sappy and emotional like Arrow (which is fine for Arrow)

But I still remember SyFy has had some mishaps when trying to be serious like Caprica, and Stargate Universer. I like what they are doing with the Expanse though.

This is awesome. Katrina Law is back because Paxton is dead, Deathstroke, more Yao Fei, all back in the game wooohoooo.

Man nyssa vs talia is going to be awesome.

Plus merlyn is back, and deathstroke !!!!

They have a proper british teen playing Jor El. It is not on CW so it may not be sappy and emotional like Arrow (which is fine for Arrow)

But I still remember SyFy has had some mishaps when trying to be serious like Caprica, and Stargate Universer. I like what they are doing with the Expanse though.
I remember dubbing Krypton as "SPACE GOTHAM." But since it's on Syfy, I'm a bit optimistic (words I couldn't imagine saying about the Sci-Fi Channel 10-15 years ago).

Does anyone here watch the HBO leftovers if so what do guys expect for the last season about to watch the first episode
I honestly have no idea where they're going with it but I love it so much. First episode was incredible as per usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back