Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KARATE KID TV Sequel, Starring Ralph Macchio and William Zabka, a Go at YouTube Red

HDwKf1j.jpg

Three decades after The Karate Kid, original stars Ralph Macchio and William Zabka are heading back to the dojo. The duo are set to reprise their roles as underdog Daniel LaRusso (Macchio) and bully Johnny Lawrence (Zabka) in a 10-episode straight-to-series follow-up called Cobra Kai for subscription service YouTube Red.

The series, set to bow in 2018, is set 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament and revolves around a down and out Johnny who, seeking redemption, reopens the infamous Cobra Kai dojo. It reignites his rivalry with a now-successful Daniel, who has been struggling to maintain balance in his life without the guidance of his mentor, Mr. Miyagi (the late Pat Morita). The half-hour comedy follows the duo addressing demons from their past and present frustrations — through (what else?) karate.

Josh Heald (Hot Tub Time Machine) as well as duo Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg (Harold and Kumar) will pen the script and exec produce alongside Macchio and Zabka. Hurwitz and Schlossberg will direct much of the series. Will Smith's Sony Pictures Television Studios-based Overbrook Entertainment will exec produce with James Lassiter and Caleeb Pinkett overseeing for the company.

Macchio and Zabka are expected to make an appearance Friday at YouTube's portion of the Television Critics Association's summer press tour in Beverly Hills.

"Like everyone who grew up in the 1980s, the three of us are enormous fans of The Karate Kid,” Heald, Hurwitz and Schlossberg said in a joint statement. "Cobra Kai will be a true continuation of the original films — packed with comedy, heart and thrilling fight scenes. We can’t wait to reignite the LaRusso-Lawrence rivalry, and we’re thankful to our partners at YouTube Red, Sony Pictures Television and Overbrook for their shared enthusiasm in making our dream project a reality."

The series landed at YouTube Red following a competitive bidding process that sources say also included offers from Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and AMC after Macchio and Zabka pitched the series all over town. Macchio appeared in all three original Karate Kid features, while Zabka had roles in the first two. "They were enthusiastic and fun," YouTube global head of originals Susanne Daniels tells THR of the pitch meeting. "I don’t know whether they had rehearsed it, but they played the parts of their characters well. More than anything, it was just amazing to see them together again."

Daniels, who said Karate Kid still resonates with YouTube users today, noted that the series comes as part of an effort to age up YouTube Red's demographic from 18-34 to the more advertiser-coveted 18-49 set. "It had all the elements you look for in a strong show. It had heart, it had laughs, it had drama, it had characters with strong points of view. All of it was there in the pitch," Daniels said.

Asked specifically why they were ditching the familiar Karate Kid title in favor of Cobra Kai, Daniels said it was driven by the story. "If The Karate Kid was Daniel’s story, Cobra Kai is equal parts Daniel and Johnny’s story. Also because this is a series and not a movie, we really wanted to reimagine how the story was told. Changing the name made sense as part of that."

'Karate Kid' TV Sequel, Starring Ralph Macchio and William Zabka, a Go at YouTube Red (Exclusive)

Idris Elba in the Dark Tower TV series? Hell yeah.

I've been watching Snowfall on FX and kinda like it but I do like drug movies and tv shows. Some parts serve no purpose but the overall concept of chronicling every part of the drug trade it kinda cool.

So do I but I watched the pilot and it didn't hook me like I thought it would.

Watch the Trailer for MR. ROBOT Season 3

Couldn't wait and watched the leaked GoT episode. Every episode in this season has been fantastic and episode 4 was no different. The last 10-15 minutes was amaze-balls. Would gladly pay to watch this at a cinema.

Awesome fight scene between Arya and Brienne.

Sansa seems to be jealous. Jon is the King of the North and formerly Commander of the Night's Watch, Bran became the pervy Three-Eyed Raven and Arya has become a skilled warrior able to go toe-to-toe with Brienne. Sansa might be feeling insecure on what has she done for the past 7 years.

Fixing to start watching Ozark. Looks like a good show and Jason Bateman is solid in everything he's in.

GET SHORTY

Tried out the first 3 episodes and it's pretty entertaining. Basically it has the same story as Get Shorty movie but with a Breaking Bad flavor.

Get-Shorty-poster.jpg

Karl Urban Confirms He is in Talks to Appear in JUDGE DREDD: MEGA CITY ONE

1NyE05v.png

Karl Urban may don the iconic helmet of Judge Dredd once again.

The actor revealed at the Star Trek Las Vegas Convention that he is in talks to appear in the television series Judge Dredd: Mega City One, which is currently in development.

“I am in discussions with them about that,” Urban revealed. “I told them that if they write the material and give Dredd something to do and give him a function, I will be there. I would love to.”

Judge Dredd: Mega City One producer Brian Jenkins previously said that they’d be interested in seeing Urban return if they could work it out amid his busy schedule.

"We have had many conversations prior to this, about all sorts of things," Jenkins said. "He’s also very busy, a full-time professional actor. So we’re going to have some long and complicated conversations I would imagine, and we’ll see where we go. It’s too early to tell yet, but if we can use him and he’s available to us, then I think that would be absolutely brilliant. There’s always a possibility he will be busy, or that his schedule for other movies won’t allow- Basically, we don’t know at this stage."

Karl Urban In Talks To Star In 'Judge Dredd: Mega City One' Live-Action TV Series

Karl Urban Confirms He is in Talks to Appear in JUDGE DREDD: MEGA CITY ONE

1NyE05v.png

Karl Urban may don the iconic helmet of Judge Dredd once again.

The actor revealed at the Star Trek Las Vegas Convention that he is in talks to appear in the television series Judge Dredd: Mega City One, which is currently in development.

“I am in discussions with them about that,” Urban revealed. “I told them that if they write the material and give Dredd something to do and give him a function, I will be there. I would love to.”

Judge Dredd: Mega City One producer Brian Jenkins previously said that they’d be interested in seeing Urban return if they could work it out amid his busy schedule.

"We have had many conversations prior to this, about all sorts of things," Jenkins said. "He’s also very busy, a full-time professional actor. So we’re going to have some long and complicated conversations I would imagine, and we’ll see where we go. It’s too early to tell yet, but if we can use him and he’s available to us, then I think that would be absolutely brilliant. There’s always a possibility he will be busy, or that his schedule for other movies won’t allow- Basically, we don’t know at this stage."

Karl Urban In Talks To Star In 'Judge Dredd: Mega City One' Live-Action TV Series
Yussssssss...

What Netflix loses in Disney, Netflix gains in beard.

20708049_10154857951633870_5387177422932186178_n.jpg

David Letterman Returning to Television With Netflix Talk Show in 2018

fIAYLXz.png

Two years after signing off CBS' The Late Show, David Letterman is returning to the small screen.

The longest-serving host in U.S. late-night TV history is set to topline a new talk show for Netflix. The untitled six-episode series will premiere in 2018.

Unlike The Late Show, each hourlong episode of the Netflix series will be prerecorded and feature Letterman conducting longform conversations with a singular guest as well as exploring topics on his own — outside of the studio. A guest list has not yet been revealed.

"I feel excited and lucky to be working on this project for Netflix. Here's what I have learned, if you retire to spend more time with your family, check with your family first. Thanks for watching, drive safely," Letterman said.

The series is produced by RadicalMedia (What Happened, Miss Simone? and Oh Hello on Broadway and Abstract: The Art of Design) as well as Letterman's Worldwide Pants banner.

"Just meeting David Letterman was a thrill; imagine how exciting it is for me to announce that we will be working together," Netflix's Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos said. "David Letterman is a true television icon, and I can’t wait to see him out in the wild, out from behind the desk and interviewing the people he finds most interesting. We’ll have to see if he keeps the beard."

Letterman hosted more than 6,000 episodes of late-night talk shows during his time on NBC's Late Night as well as CBS' The Late Show over 33 years. As a writer, producer and performer, he collected 52 nominations and 10 wins. He's a two-time Peabody Award winner who will be honored with the Mark Twain Prize in October. He has interviewed virtually every presidential candidate as well as cabinet officials while also shedding light on topics including world hunger and climate change. (During his career, he has interviewed President Trump multiple times.)

Letterman announced plans to step down from The Late Show in 2014, signing off the air in 2015 with nearly 14 million viewers tuning in to see his farewell.

"I'm feeling anxious. I find, since I don't have a show anymore, I can't stop talking," Letterman said in a December story in which he interviewed Tina Fey for THR.

The series expands Netflix's talk show footprint beyond Chelsea Handler's weekly talk show, which changed its format in its sophomore season to expand to an hour with more in-depth interviews, bigger field pieces and trips to India, Europe and more.

David Letterman Returning to TV With Netflix Talk Show

Ray Donovan premiere was so-so.

Can't believe they killed off Abby, didn't see that one coming.

George R.R. Martin’s ‘Nightflyers’ series to film at Troy Studios.

Limerick Hotels are booking up for the autumn, with production due to start on the NBC-Universal television adaptation of ‘Nightflyers’, George R.R. Martin’s sci-fi novella.
Details are to be announced, but IFTN understands that the set for the show is currently being constructed at the Limerick Studio, with a pilot and season one due to shoot over a sixteen-week period from later this year. Over five hundred are expected to work on the show.

Ahead of official announcements on the scale of the project, ‘Nightflyers’ already marks an achievement for the Irish industry, as the 350,000 square foot Troy Studios opens its doors to an international production for the first time.

http://iftn.ie/news/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4290964&tpl=archnews&force=1

Jessie Graff shows the world again why she's not only one of the top female competitor but one of the top Ninja Warriors period.

3 episodes in HBO's Room 104 and it's a dud. The premise of the show is each episode will have a different story with different characters set in the same hotel (or motel) room. I thought this was going to be like some kind of Twilight Zone type of show but there's no great twist in the end. In fact the endings are just unsatisfactory and just a big pile of meh.

Room-104-600x889.jpg

On episode 4 of Ozark. I'm really liking it so far.

3 episodes in HBO's Room 104 and it's a dud. The premise of the show is each episode will have a different story with different characters set in the same hotel (or motel) room. I thought this was going to be like some kind of Twilight Zone type of show but there's no great twist in the end. In fact the endings are just unsatisfactory and just a big pile of meh.

Room-104-600x889.jpg

Yep.

Not going to lie, they only good thing about this show has been the breasts in the second episode.

k49qnm.gif

And man was the third episode a complete waste of time.

Jessie Graff shows the world again why she's not only one of the top female competitor but one of the top Ninja Warriors period.

That was incredible.

If I saw it in a movie I'd call bullshit, I think it's time to rethink my world views.

Room-104-600x889.jpg

I could tell from the trailer a few weeks ago that was going to be a dud. I'm not surprised mother effer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back