Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HBO's Room 104

First episode was a little creepy but the ending was very unsatisfying.

DARK MATTER episode 9 was another great and fun episode where the crew of the Raza goes back to our modern time on Earth. When the show goes off into these type of fun plot (like the Groundhog day episode), it shines the brightest.

Android was hilarious. The others were great also. I like the little details like that their clothes are not 100% accurate for that era.

NUP_179057_0012.jpg

I have not been keeping up with Dark Matter.

The meme you posted about how Android basically always talks about awesome action sequences happening off screen threw me for a loop.

I have not been keeping up with Dark Matter.

The meme you posted about how Android basically always talks about awesome action sequences happening off screen threw me for a loop.
I made that meme to take an affectionate jab at the show. The show is what it is due to budget constraints. But it's still a decent and occasionally great entertainment.

You should definitely watch the Groundhog Day episode (#4) and the last episode (#9), you're going to love it.

I made that meme to take an affectionate jab at the show. The show is what it is due to budget constraints. But it's still a decent and occasionally great entertainment.

You should definitely watch the Groundhog Day episode (#4) and the last episode (#9), you're going to love it.
Yeah, I will.

It's not like I didn't like the show. It's just due to time. Me and the gf have a HUGE backlog of shit to watch, and I'm getting tied up getting her up to speed on the Marvel Netflix shows and iZombie, while she's getting me up to speed on Shameless and a bunch of good movies I've missed recently.

You made it? That makes sense, I couldn't find it anywhere else. Good job.

Hartley Sawyer Cast as the Elongated Man in THE FLASH Season 4

H50f5yZ.jpg

Hartley Sawyer is joining the cast of The Flash Season 4 as Ralph Dibny — also known as the Elongated Man. Sawyer has most recently appeared in CW Seed’s Saving the Human Race.

The Elongated Man is one of the Flash’s allies — who by day is a fast-talking private investigator and by night costumes up to patrol the streets and fight crime thanks to his ability to stretch his body to any shape or form. Sawyer will appear in a recurring role through Season 4, and will use his abilities to help Team Flash solve one of Central City’s greatest mysteries.

The news of Sawyer’s casting comes after a slew of other similar announcements during San Diego Comic-Con. Danny Trejo — known for Machete and From Dusk Till Dawn — will play Earth-19 bounty hunter Breacher in Season 4 while Neil Sandilands will play Clifford Devoe, aka the Thinker, the big bad of the season. Kim Engelbrecht was also announced to play the Mechanic, a highly intelligent engineer and the Thinker’s right hand.

During The Flash’s Comic-Con panel, executive producer Todd Helbing said they would be returning to a lighter tone for Season 4 after Season 3 got increasingly dark, and expressed his excitement for the series to have a non-Speedster season-long villain.

“With three Speedsters in a row, this year it’s the fastest man alive against the fastest mind alive,” he said. “We’re also trying to lighten the tone this year. Last year was pretty dark, we’re going to try to get back to the jokes.”

The Flash Season 4 is set to premiere on the CW Oct. 10.

Hartley Sawyer Joins ‘The Flash’ Season 4 as the Elongated Man

OZARK episode 6

So far so good (or great).

Disappointed with Ruth that she did go through with trying to kill Marty. I thought she would scrap it since she likes the guy who gave her a job and opportunities.

GAME OF THRONES season 7 episode 3

Wow. Awesome milestone episode. I know the series isn't over but I think GoT is my greatest TV show of all time. There's no other drama series that has run for at least 7 seasons and has been consistently great throughout. Sure there are other great shows like Lost, The Walking Dead or whatever but their later seasons either weren't as good or were downright terrible.

Great to see Rick and Morty back. Not their greatest episode, but still good.

GAME OF THRONES season 7 episode 3

Wow. Awesome milestone episode. I know the series isn't over but I think GoT is my greatest TV show of all time. There's no other drama series that has run for at least 7 seasons and has been consistently great throughout. Sure there are other great shows like Lost, The Walking Dead or whatever but their later seasons either weren't as good or were downright terrible.
I think it helps that they had a beginning/middle/end planned out.

Full Trailer for David Fincher's New Netflix Series MINDHUNTER

OZARK season finale

Great show all around. Lots of good suspense and tension. Terrific cast of characters. The Byrde kids are irritating 30% some of the time.

Yea, it's awesome all the way thru, get a bucket because you're going to nearly shit yourself in the finale.
When Del visited the Snells, I was expecting the Mexicans to take out the Snells. Boy was I wrong.

MIAMI VICE Reboot in the Works from Vin Diesel at NBC

MkcvNGL.png

NBC is looking to reboot one of its most successful procedurals. The network is teaming with Vin Diesel to develop a Miami Vice revival.

The project, which has been in the works for months, is being driven by Shana Waterman (24: Live Another Day, Wayward Pines), the former Fox Broadcasting executive who now serves as head of television for Diesel's One Race Television production company. Miami Vice is the first effort to come out of Diesel's first-look deal with Universal Television.

Diesel and Waterman will executive produce alongside Chris Morgan and Ainsley Davies via the former's overall deal with Universal Television. Peter Macmanus (Spike TV's The Mist) will pen the script.

The Miami Vice reboot marks a reteaming for Morgan and Diesel, who have worked on all of the Fast and the Furious movies together. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that it was Diesel who came up with the idea to revive Miami Vice and made a personal appeal to NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke. The effort marks Diesel's largest scripted TV project so far.

Miami Vice ran for five seasons on NBC from 1984-1989. The series starred Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas as undercover detectives James "Sonny" Crockett and Ricardo "Rico" Tubbs, respectively, as they took on challenging cases at Miami's Metro-Date Police Department.

'Miami Vice' Reboot in the Works from Vin Diesel at NBC

THE DARK TOWER TV Series Sets WALKING DEAD's Glen Mazzara as Showrunner

UUDtEpE.png

As the long-awaited feature film take on The Dark Tower is poised to open at the box office, the potential TV series is taking a big step forward.

Glen Mazzara (The Walking Dead) has been tapped to serve as showrunner on the TV adaptation of the ambitious Stephen King series. The TV take, envisioned as a straight-to-series project, is currently in its early stages and tapping a showrunner is the key first step. A network is not yet attached.

Sources tell THR that it is being eyed for a short-order (between 10 and 13 episodes) and a home on cable or streaming outlets by producers Media Rights Capital and Sony Pictures Television. Production is eyed to begin in 2018, though nothing is locked in given all the variables.

"I’ve been a Stephen King fan for decades and the opportunity to adapt The Dark Tower as a TV series is a great honor," Mazzara tells THR. "The events of The Gunslinger, Wizard & Glass, The Wind Through the Keyhole, and other tales need a long format to capture the complexity of Roland's coming of age — how he became the Gunslinger, how Walter became the Man in Black, and how their rivalry cost Roland everything and everyone he ever loved. I could not be more excited to tell this story. It feels like being given the key to a treasure chest. And oh yeah, we’ll have billy-bumblers!"

The feature film, which opens Friday and is already generating mixed reviews, is considered to be independent from the TV series — though there is some overlap. Slated to appear in the series are Idris Elba, who stars as Roland Deschain (aka the Gunslinger); Dennis Haysbert (as Roland's father, Steven Deschain); and young star Tom Taylor (Jake Chambers, the son-like figure to the Gunslinger). The potential TV series will revolve around a younger Roland and his group — with those roles currently uncast.

The TV entry will be based on Wizard in Glass, the fourth book in The Dark Tower series. While insiders do not see the potential TV series as a prequel, an origin story is more appropriate to describe the vision for the project.

Akiva Goldsman — who was originally slated to pen the script when the TV series was set up at Universal — is attached to exec produce alongside his Weed Road Pictures president of production Gregory Lessans. Imagine TV's Ron Howard and Brian Grazer are also on board as exec producers. Feature film director Nikolaj Arcel and co-writer Anders Thomas Jensen are collaborating on the script. Mazzara will oversee day-to-day operations on the ambitious project.

Mazzara was The Walking Dead's second showrunner, coming in to replace Frank Darabont on the AMC zombie drama. His TV credits include A&E's Damien as well as Crash, The Shield and Life.

'The Dark Tower' TV Series Sets 'Walking Dead' Grad as Showrunner (Exclusive)

Australian Newcomer Teagan Croft Cast as Raven in Live-Action Series TITAN

09KWzg1.jpg

Australian newcomer Teagan Croft has landed one of the leads, the series regular role of Raven, in the new live-action series Titans, from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV.

The series is slated to premiere in 2018 as one of the first series that will launch a DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

Written by Goldsman (Star Trek: Discovery), DC Entertainment president and chief creative officer Johns (The Flash, Arrow) and Berlanti (Arrow, DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow, The Flash, Supergirl), Titans follows a group of young soon-to-be superheroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In the action-adventure series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes that includes Starfire, Raven and others.

Croft’s Raven, described as the daughter of a demon, is a powerful empath who must keep her emotions in check or risk unleashing her demonic side.

The 13-year-old Croft stars in the upcoming Australian film The Osiris Child. Titans will mark her U.S. debut.

‘Titans’: Teagan Croft Cast As Raven In Live-Action Series For DC Digital Service

I've been watching Snowfall on FX and kinda like it but I do like drug movies and tv shows. Some parts serve no purpose but the overall concept of chronicling every part of the drug trade it kinda cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back