Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank Miller's SIN CITY TV Series in the Works with Glen Mazzara Writing

Sin-City-Marv-053117-Dragonlord.png

TWC/Dimension is developing a TV reboot of Frank Miller’s iconic comic series Sin City. This one will hew closely to the graphic novels, with a fresh take by writer Glen Mazzara, the showrunner whose resume includes The Shield, The Walking Dead and The Omen.

Underworld helmer Len Wiseman, whose TV credits include Sleepy Hollow and Lucifer, will direct. Stephen L’Heureux (Sin City: A Dame To Kill For) will oversee this and produce with Miller, Mazzara, Wiseman and Bob & Harvey Weinstein.

Deadline reports networks are beginning to circle. The intention is to be a far departure from the films, introducing original characters and timelines within the Sin City universe.

Frank Miller’s ‘Sin City’ TV Series Enlists Glen Mazzara, Len Wiseman and Stephen L’Heureux

Netflix Cancels the Wachowskis' SENSE8 After Two Seasons

Sense8-Cancelled-Dragonlord.jpg

Netflix has canceled Sense8 after two seasons. The streaming service confirmed on Thursday that it would not be moving forward with the sci-fi drama from The Wachowskis. "After 23 episodes, 16 cities and 13 countries, the story of the Sense8 cluster is coming to an end," said Cindy Holland, Netflix's vp original content.

The decision to not order additional seasons of Sense8, which first debuted in 2015, comes a week after the streaming giant cancelled The Get Down, its ambitious music drama from Baz Luhrmann, after only one season. The moves mark rare ones for the streamer, which has renewed the vast majority of its slate as part of an aggressive push into scripted originals. Other Netflix series to be canceled include Marco Polo, Lilyhammer, Hemlock Grove, Bloodline andA&E pickup Longmire.

The series centers on eight strangers around the globe who find themselves interconnected. The ensemble cast is made up of Aml Ameen, Doona Bae, Jamie Clayton, Tina Desai, Tuppence Middleton, Max Riemelt, Miguel Angel Silvestre and Brian J. Smith. Rumors of Sense8's uncertain future loomed in the days before the announcement, and castmember Smith even helped get a #RenewSense8 hashtag trending on Twitter in an effort to keep the show alive.

News of the decision also comes a day after Netflix founder and CEO Reed Hastings told CNBC at the Code Conference that he thinks the content platform hasn't canceled enough shows. "Our hit ratio is way too high right now," he said. "I'm always pushing the content team; we have to take more risk, you have to try more crazy things, because we should have a higher cancel rate overall."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sense8-canceled-at-netflix-1009404

How does Netflix decide what shows to cancel without using ratings? seems like they cancel shows arbitrarily.

How does Netflix decide what shows to cancel without using ratings? seems like they cancel shows arbitrarily.
the person running Netflix says they should be cancelling more of their own original content so they can be more creative or something along those lines

First Trailer for Dwayne Johnson's BALLERS Season 3

the person running Netflix says they should be cancelling more of their own original content so they can be more creative or something along those lines
That makes sense but how do they decide?what data do they use?

on network tv ratings and ad money are used to gauge what gets cancelled.

on netflix the viewers don't seem to matter it is all about what the executives decide to cancel they cancel any show for any reason and the viewer will not have any input into it getting cancelled.

That makes sense but how do they decide?what data do they use?

on network tv ratings and ad money are used to gauge what gets cancelled.

on netflix the viewers don't seem to matter it is all about what the executives decide to cancel they cancel any show for any reason and the viewer will not have any input into it getting cancelled.
Netflix should have hard data, right? We have X amount of users and Y number watched this show. No guessing. No extrapolating numbers.

First Trailer for Dwayne Johnson's BALLERS Season 3

At first I thought Ballers fell flat but grew on me after I binged a few episodes on a flight.

Looks like Spencer returns to his old alienating self in this season

Bloodline is a decent show so far. Kinda slow on the buildup and I'm hoping I'm not disappointed

Sneak Peek at MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN Animated Series

I like the animation, it is way better than the last series, Ultimate Spider-Man. Reminds me of an updated version of Spectacular Spider-Man.

Netflix should have hard data, right? We have X amount of users and Y number watched this show. No guessing. No extrapolating numbers.

Plus they can see how many people see a recommendation for the show without clicking it plus they can see how many people click on the show and stop watching it plus they can see if "valuable" users who stick with Netflix and pay are watching it plus a shitload of other data. They probably have everything imaginable at Netflix. 100 times better than TV ratings.

Sneak Peek at MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN Animated Series

I like the animation, it is way better than the last series, Ultimate Spider-Man. Reminds me of an updated version of Spectacular Spider-Man.

that looks awful

Am I the only one that didn't like that they made Supergirl stronger and more powerful than Superman? I'm all for female empowerment and so on but that was too much pandering. Oh well. Moving on. She might be stronger and more powerful but her Fight IQ still sucks.
She actually kicked Superman's ass in the comics(more stalemated really), too, in the very comic that JadeOwl is referencing to show the Worldkillers.

Last edited:
Just finished the season finale for The White Princess.

It's hard to recommend here (virtually no violence) but it was an epic story well told. The season finale gutted me.

Jodie Comer was really, really good. I'll definitely watch out for her in the future.

2017%2F4%2F11%2F943dd4a9-a35a-4a41-b53b-76432c1fa34a.jpg

@Dragonlordxxxxx needs to watch this, I think, although it's a historical drama.

Just finished the season finale for The White Princess.

It's hard to recommend here (virtually no violence) but it was an epic story well told. The season finale gutted me.

Jodie Comer was really, really good. I'll definitely watch out for her in the future.

2017%2F4%2F11%2F943dd4a9-a35a-4a41-b53b-76432c1fa34a.jpg

@Dragonlordxxxxx needs to watch this, I think, although it's a historical drama.
Will do, especially if the endorsement is coming from you. But I think I should watch The White Queen first, right?

Will do, especially if the endorsement is coming from you. But I think I should watch The White Queen first, right?

I never actually saw White Queen, although I will eventually.

I hope you like White Princess, but won't be surprised if you don't. The King is something of a douche most of the time, and there's a LOT of intrigue.

That said, it gets really good in the second half of the season and there's some pretty epic drama. I really liked Jodie Comer.

I don't know a single person who has seen it and really, really want to hear what someone else thought about the finale.

She actually kicked Superman's ass in the comics(more stalemated really), too, in the very comic that JadeOwl is referencing to show the Worldkillers.
I thought it wasn't that she's stronger it's just that she hasn't spent the last 30 years or so carefully controlling her strength? Like she doesn't know how to hold back while Supes subconsciously always is?

I'll reserve judgement until I'v head the chance to check out the anime, but this ought to be interesting...

"Tomorrow Studios, Marty Adelstein’s joint venture with ITV Studios, is developing a live-action adaptation of the cult Japanese animated series Cowboy Bebop. Tomorrow Studios has teamed on the project with Midnight Radio (Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, Jeff Pinkner & Scott Rosenberg), who will executive produce alongside Sunrise, the studio behind the original series; Tomorrow Studios’ Adelstein (Good Behavior, Prison Break) and Becky Clements (Good Behavior, Aquarius); as well as Matthew Weinberg. Chris Yost (Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok), who started his career writing for comic book-based animated series before segueing to features, will pen the adaptation.

The space Western story follows Spike Spiegel and his rag-tag crew of bounty hunters, or Cowboys, as they try to capture the galaxy’s worst criminals and survive the unexpected dangers they encounter throughout space, sometimes saving the world in the process but always leaving millions in damages."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back