Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like one of the worst things that has ever been created by God or man

Looks like a load of terrible fun, just like (whatever the hell those dumb movies were called).

I'm in. I think I'll even get riggity riggity wrecked to watch it properly.

riggety-wrecked-218x150.jpg

First Trailer for Tom Clancy's JACK RYAN Amazon Series Starring John Krasinski

When CIA analyst Jack Ryan stumbles upon a suspicious series of bank transfers his search for answers pulls him from the safety of his desk job and catapults him into a deadly game of cat and mouse throughout Europe and the Middle East, with a rising terrorist figurehead preparing for a massive attack against the US and her allies.

Not really buying him as an action star.

Will watch, though.

Not really buying him as an action star.

Will watch, though.
I think that works in his favor since this is an origin story and Jack Ryan is just a simple analyst at this stage of the story.

Krasinski was believable as an action guy in 13 Hours. (He was almost Captain America also)

I think that works in his favor since this is an origin story and Jack Ryan is just a simple analyst at this stage of the story.

Krasinski was believable as an action guy in 13 Hours. (He was almost Captain America also)

Personally I didn't really buy him in that either, but that's because I didn't like the script at all.

He is a hell of a lot bigger than I thought, though.

Same creator, right?

Maybe you give this a shot.

It said like 'from one of the people who kinda brought you Crank, sorta' or some shit like that.

I can tell from that preview I will hate life if I watch that show

I'm glad Chris Meloni is getting work though, that guy is great

Finally starting up on Stranger Things.

I'm getting the impression this is more about being like an 80's horror / sci-fi throwback with the mood/atmosphere and all that, than it is about being a good story.

I mean, I'm only in the first episode, but ... idk, maybe it's part of a larger criticism I have of Netflix.

NY Comic-Con Trailer for THE X-FILES Season 11

Trailer for THE TICK Season One Part 2, Returns February 23

These past couple of weeks of Halt and Catch Fire have been absolutely heartbreaking.

Gordon's death as a metaphor for the fleeting nature of tech business (realistically most businesses) really hit home. This one thought resonates back through the entire series and it's left me feeling empty and pointless. Nothing matters. Absolutely nothing. Even the things that REALLY FUCKING MATTER to a lot of people stop mattering to anyone at all within a generation (or a tech cycle).

Anyways, this has been fantastic television. I cannot believe how invested I am in these characters. I always was, and never knew it. Great writing, excellent performances. Two weeks left, and I'll miss it.

First Teaser Trailer for CASTLE ROCK Features Easter Eggs from Stephen King's Stories

Enter the chilling world of Castle Rock, the new Hulu Original drama series from Executive Producer J.J. Abrams and the mind of Stephen King.

First Teaser Trailer for CASTLE ROCK Features Easter Eggs from Stephen King's Stories

Enter the chilling world of Castle Rock, the new Hulu Original drama series from Executive Producer J.J. Abrams and the mind of Stephen King.

please please please please please be good

hq720.jpg

Looks interesting.

Finally starting up on Stranger Things.

I'm getting the impression this is more about being like an 80's horror / sci-fi throwback with the mood/atmosphere and all that, than it is about being a good story.

I mean, I'm only in the first episode, but ... idk, maybe it's part of a larger criticism I have of Netflix.
NOOOOOOOO

it's amazing.

WHICH reminds me I totally forgot about rewatching s1 of Wayward pines.

These past couple of weeks of Halt and Catch Fire have been absolutely heartbreaking.

Gordon's death as a metaphor for the fleeting nature of tech business (realistically most businesses) really hit home. This one thought resonates back through the entire series and it's left me feeling empty and pointless. Nothing matters. Absolutely nothing. Even the things that REALLY FUCKING MATTER to a lot of people stop mattering to anyone at all within a generation (or a tech cycle).

Anyways, this has been fantastic television. I cannot believe how invested I am in these characters. I always was, and never knew it. Great writing, excellent performances. Two weeks left, and I'll miss it.
(Halt and Catch Fire) Not really feeling the metaphor part but I respect it. For some reason I thought that was the season finale.

It was a nice quiet episode that allowed the characters to grieve in their own way. But sometimes I wished they'd manipulate us into crying more. I'm worried about Joe, he looked like he was on his way to a meltdown.

If Joe proceeds with the relaunch, he is going to make Yahoo or something similar to that. I'm not so sure what Cameron's future will be. Is it MMORPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back